YUN-1, anybody else pre-ordered this?

pepeticos

i did pre order too ...... i sen them emails asking for shipping date and they said they are working on that but no date yet ...... i am thinkin of Gopro 3 Black wich i have .... or maybe Sony Next 5 but i do not know if that one fits on the new gimbal. So they suppost to start shipping them on March 11?

abonto

I doubt they'll be able to ship by March 11, they said the casing for the controller is not in yet, and they're also working on the packaging. April looks promising, but the waiting is killing me too....:-( I actually ask them if I can be a beta tester or send me whatever they have as long as the alexmos controller and the rewinded motor is good and I'll do the rest, hehehe. But no word at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

PilotMan

KILLEN ME!!!! WANT MY YUN-1 NOW!! On other projects ......Got word that the AlexMos Controller should ship in the next couple of days..... Motors will be here soon and I got my wire for rewinding. Got my camera tray yesterday. Have my aluminum but went to drill it with my "NEW" POS Ryobe drill press......... My god.....what junk that is. Going right back to HomeDepot. Bad design lets the slide at the top wiggle. Causes the drill to jump side to side!!!! Ugggg. And of course sears is out of drill presses. Sometime this is the hard part living on a small island.

I doubt they'll be able to ship by March 11, they said the casing for the controller is not in yet, and they're also working on the packaging. April looks promising, but the waiting is killing me too....:-( I actually ask them if I can be a beta tester or send me whatever they have as long as the alexmos controller and the rewinded motor is good and I'll do the rest, hehehe. But no word at all.

wbal57

I pre-ordered a Yun-1 and am excited to see that they are starting to ship out. Does anyone know if a stock F450 or F550 with this http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc...idcategory=891 land gear set and a go pro 3 will fly well? I know performance is linked to the battery and conditions of the weather, but would either of those have enough lift with stock motors and graupner blades?

abonto

I pre-ordered a Yun-1 and am excited to see that they are starting to ship out. Does anyone know if a stock F450 or F550 with this http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc...idcategory=891 land gear set and a go pro 3 will fly well? I know performance is linked to the battery and conditions of the weather, but would either of those have enough lift with stock motors and graupner blades?
The link is broken. I don't think anybody can give a comment on this, until the product is out. For me I'm just planning to buy the Arch-Bridge landing gear for YUN-1 and my go pro 3 black edition. http://www.alwarerc.com/shop/alware-archbridge-landing-gear-p-64.html .

Langdale

Abonto, I just have it stuck to the underside of the main body at the moment 'til I get used to flying it.

Peter

PilotMan

When did you pre-order yours and when did you receive it? This might help me to get a clue when I will get mine.

Thanks - :nevreness:

Abonto, I just have it stuck to the underside of the main body at the moment 'til I get used to flying it.

Peter

Langdale

Pilotman, I was answering a question about the landing legs. The GoPro is just stuck to the underside, I've not got the gimbal.
Peter

PilotMan

Funny that I ordered this as a quick answer to an Alex Mos gimbal Im building. :shame: Looks like I will have my brushless gimbal finished first! The YUN-1 maybe going on a new quad or ebay!!

Pilotman, I was answering a question about the landing legs. The GoPro is just stuck to the underside, I've not got the gimbal.
Peter

abonto

Funny that I ordered this as a quick answer to an Alex Mos gimbal Im building. :shame: Looks like I will have my brushless gimbal finished first! The YUN-1 maybe going on a new quad or ebay!!
That's great! Can you share it to us, including footages of your DIY gimbal? So far the YUN-1 beta testers are pretty happy with it.

ChrisViperM

The only thing which would give me headache is this:

I want to know when you will send my order # 2013021303240314! I sent 3 e-mails without any luck or answer. Why are your support so irresponsable. The icon chat here live is a joke when you click you are taken to another contact page. Nobody answer the telephone as well. What is happening!!!

This quote was taken from the youtube link (from the comments section): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCiYCZg33bU ....and this comment was not answered.

Good luck with any pre-orders......

Chris

jfro

Aerial Fun
Something I found on youtube. For Beta or whatever it's being called, looks promising. Seems footage is starting to show up.
I'm neutral on the customer service aspect so far. Sometimes you don't have choices if you want to get in first.
I haven't pre-ordered as I waiting to see the motor situation. Going back and forth on a DIY build or buying something when they can get a GH2 or 5D mark II going.....

I am confused on one part, does the YUN-1 use the Alexmos controller?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwIU9jXeBUg

Stacky

Yes the Yun1 uses the alexmos controller. Im watching and waiting to see how it all turns out. A recent video from one of the beta testers still suffered from jitters that servo based gimbals suffer from but it did sound like this may be an issue of anti vibration dampeners being too soft.
From what I can gather the delay at present is because the case of for the controller still hasnt been delivered or manufactured. The biggest mistake they are making seems to be the lack of communication. No expected date of delivery etc. Im betting the rcgroup thread will get a bit more grumpy over the coming weeks.
Tiger motors have announced they will be producing a brushless motor for these types of gimbals so i think it wont be too long till we can buy the controller and then motors separately and make our own gimbals.
Photo Higher cant be feeling comfortable with all this going on, in fact any gimbal controller manufacturer must be looking at the brushless gimbal situation and wondering if they have produce their own version before the ship has sailed.