What is more stable?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Never really liked ecalc.. my set up should not stay in the air for more than 6 mins according to it, unless I am useless at using it. In reality I get between 8 and 9 mins depending on wind and how I am flying her. All up weight 4.5kg, Axi 2214/22 11x5 Graupners, 10000mah 4c.

WKM/NAZA's like your motors spinning fast I have never had any success with bigger props on the Y6, either flight performance or flight times.

As for gimbals there is so much new stuff out there and floods of brushless to come. I use AV130 with Radian on Roll. WKM takes care of tilt just fine. The AV130 is a really nice smooth operator as far as I am concerned. I also have the AV200 on the SJLX4 with the Skyline and again no complaints there. The Build Quality of the PH stuff cannot be denied, unfortunately the Skyline has given them a bit of a bad reputation for product support. Overall though I dont think there is much to touch them. Will be interesting to see their brushless solution for the AV130/200.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Those are two very good comments, Simon and Droider,

So Simon, are you saying to use the 35s with props that are larger than the 12"? You said you are using the RCTimer Brushless Gimbal, is that for the GoPro or the NEX, what size Cam? By the description weight I'm guessing NEX.
Droider Dave, when you say "All up weight 4.5Kg, Axi 2214/22 11x5 Graupners, 10000mah 4c" by 4c are you saying 4 cell/4S or do you mean 40c output, I'm guessing 4 Cell, want to be sure.?

So if you are both running 4S batts, then I'm blown away and pleasantly impressed, both eCalc and the specs of the motors are confusing me. If I go by the T-motor spec sheet it looks like nothing under 40mm T-motos will lift 4Kg at 50%.

I was looking at the AV130, but kept getting bad reviews and then the brushless stuff came out. Paralyzed by the paradox of choice.