Tiger U5 and sync issues (call to U5 owners)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi SleepyC,

Have you tried out the Tmotor 45A with the U7's yet? I've got U5's with Jeti Hicopter optos and think I'm getting a sync issue too (will get a vid up as soon as I get my tx back from hobby horizons) so was thinking of trying out the 45A esc but don't want to splash out for something that aint gonna work again. Cheers

No Mither here with U5 on two machines with Jeti HiCopter sec's. I love um. What issues are you having?

maxwelltub

Oh strange, the link works for me but its a facebook link so not sure if you need to be logged in or something. Anyway the link is to a photo of someone having the same issue and there is a good conversation about it in the comments.

tahoejmfc

James Cole
<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/98702037" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p>Maytech 65A-OPTO with T-motors U7 420Kv Sync issue from <a href="http://vimeo.com/cinematicdigitalmedia">Cinematic Digital Media</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Here is the issue with the Maytech 65A-Opto and T-motors U7

Mojave

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/98702037" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p>Maytech 65A-OPTO with T-motors U7 420Kv Sync issue from <a href="http://vimeo.com/cinematicdigitalmedia">Cinematic Digital Media</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
Here is the issue with the Maytech 65A-Opto and T-motors U7

tahoejmfc - here is what HexaCrafter has stated about the problem you are having: http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...imonK)-VS-Tiger-U5-motors&p=169929#post169929

HexaCrafter supplied me with the Tiger T80As as soon as they found there was a problem. Here is a photo of the ESCs that I have -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 478

kloner

Aerial DP
be careful, i have ran them before and had nothing but problems on certian flight controllers, had something to do with the way they communicate down the servo wire and i remember something weird about throttle calibrating..... there also massive so hard to contain

I had maytec 40 and u5, first flight out in less than a minute a motor shut off just like the vid above,,,,,,, had 60 amp maytec on u7, did the same. i'd be really cautious and keep your ears open and match exact systems that work.

All that said i'm fixin to put a u7 with kde 55 amp esc's together today to do some testing for commutation problems like shown in the flick above..... the u series motors are really heavy on the barrel and low pole count so it's reaking havoc, and all the maytec had some problem with the way the simonK firmware was written lately that was flat out incompatible...... i'm sure if you ask who sold you the stuff (liable party) that they will tell you theres no problems..... there not in the friend biz, there in the biz to make money

tahoejmfc

James Cole
It was Aerial Media Pros, who i find to be lacking in the response department until you call and say this is my 3rd time in 2 months complaining about this problem then Patrick will get back to you to say, Ive never heard of any problems with the SimonK and our Maytechs.. BULL$%#$ Aerial Media Pros, you have to have heard about it from other customers and I will never purchase from you again unless you take back all of these faulty crappy ESC's.(which they won't)

I see a bunch of people in the FFF(freeflyForum) running the Castle with the U7 and having no problems but I really wont know until get a set and spool them up on my test bench (snowmobile trailer)
Sky High Media (thank you for being so so helpful Lance and George) has been testing multiple escs with BLHeli firmware and say you can get the timing set just right for the U7 490kv they are using that they are ready to get a RED in the air after 2 months of testing. They are using the T-motors 80a now and have them working well with BLHELi firmware but you cannot get the T-motors Esc for the next 45 days.

Thank you too Kloner, you are always so helpful and we all appreciate the help you give!

kloner

Aerial DP
they just released blheli for atmel which are maytec flashable.... i was gonna try it till these came in,,,, now i'll give this a go..... this has been an expensive motor to fly for my...

View attachment 18752

Attachments

• IMG_2511-1.jpg
    IMG_2511-1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 462

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have the T-motor 80A on the way here for my U7's but PLEASE let me know how you like the KDE's. I REALLY like the KDE motors so I am wondering if using the KDE ESC's would make them even better!

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
HexaCrafter Power Distribution/ T80a

Forum/ tahoejmfc,
The distribution system shown in the photos is the HexaCrafter Bus Bar System. We provide an assembly service for our clients who wish it pre-assembled with their kits.
http://www.hexacrafter.com/136-asse...nd-t-motor-80-amp-esc-soldered-assembled.html
The T-motor T80a are now back in stock for our clients.
They can be purchased retail at: http://montorc.com/T-motor_T80A.aspx as well as many other T-Motor dealers.
At Kloner's request, we assembled his Bus Bars with the new KDE 55a ESC. for his testing.
We currently are following the T-Motor approved direction of the T80a ESC for all of our other clients, until other proven ESC combinations are available.
I hope this helps clarify this issue.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
it is a hexacrafter part.....

sleepy, there really nice, super fast but make alot of noise,,,, i love them but would wait and see how this all pans out. worse case scenario is it crashes right...

Clogz

Skunking about...
it is a hexacrafter part.....

sleepy, there really nice, super fast but make alot of noise,,,, i love them but would wait and see how this all pans out. worse case scenario is it crashes right...

Argh, don't say that Kloner....my donkey has arrived with a full set of KDE ESC's and is waiting for collection at the post office.... :)

Cuba59

so my question is:
do the TMotor 80AMP ESCs doesnt have SimonK and are they significant slower than a comparable ESC with SimonK

@Kloner: is the whole power train heating up in the same way or stays it significantly cooler?

tahoejmfc

James Cole
I picked up 4 escs to test with the U7. Castle Edge Lite 75, Castle Edge HV 60, Castle 35 multi(cant handle it), and the KDE UAS 55A.

Did you happen to test those KDE 55 with the U7?

Also with castle do you know what pwm timing to set them to? I used default and they work with no sync issue

Cuba59

if you do some testing please consider same/similar PID settings. some ESCs can handle faster refresh rates other not. thats what counts.

I picked up 4 escs to test with the U7. Castle Edge Lite 75, Castle Edge HV 60, Castle 35 multi(cant handle it), and the KDE UAS 55A.

Did you happen to test those KDE 55 with the U7?

Also with castle do you know what pwm timing to set them to? I used default and they work with no sync issue