New forum area! 3D Robotics

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Congrats to 3D Robotics for all of the hard work developing the APM (Ardu Pilot Mega) and for their recent release of the Pixhawk flight control system. As such, I think it's time they've been assigned their own sub-forum as their newest stuff isn't going to be arduino based much longer.

If you're unfamiliar with the 3D Robotics flight control systems, please visit them here....www.3drobotics.com

Bartman

I should be receiving my new IRIS in a few weeks. I did want to jump the gun and by it earlier, but glad I have waited till the consumer version is out. I have been reading all I can and when I came to my choice I did this because of all the help that 3Drobotics offered. I think their development of new products will soon become even more noticed by others.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Jake, when you get it please take a moment to post whatever you can as you go. I agree that 3DR will be making more of an impact in the next year and whatever you can post in the way of information would be appreciated. Good luck with it.

Bart

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Cool,

To those of us that brought the developer Iris, just herd they are going send us the updated Pixhawk which ships with the consumer version FREE....:)

Jake, when you get it please take a moment to post whatever you can as you go. I agree that 3DR will be making more of an impact in the next year and whatever you can post in the way of information would be appreciated. Good luck with it.

Bart
You can be sure I will try and explain all that I experience, good or bad as I venture forward with my Iris. I will try to take come video of it flying along with some from the gopro that will be on the Iris. I did order the gimbal so I am very curious on how it will work. I plan on taking things slow and not rush hopefully to avoid damage!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Safe New Year.

Da5Id

Hi All,

I'm new here, but wanted to say that I also have an IRIS on order and hope to both learn from and contribute to this forum.

Steve

sledge57

Looks to me like Iris is a nice deal. I'm interested in Pixhawk for my next MR and this seems to be a great way to start.

Old Man

I was looking at the 3d Robotics Iris over the past few weeks and finally decided to call them about anticipated delivery schedules. The answer I received was that no firm date has yet been established, with any time in February not being solid enough to qualify as yet. It could go well into March or later. If I recall correctly the delay was in fitting some new components to the board. I ended up ordering the quad that's being phased out instead, figuring I could upgrade later if there was any real need to. No delivery schedule was provided after placing the order, which is a bit troubling considering their return policies.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Is the FC a Pixhawk? (Extra flight modes.)
MP is free.

Price $750 (no camera included)

A noobie would need to know if a battery and charger were included.

The English tutor I used to be made a few passes at this syntax before getting it:
"the IRIS+ is capable of following and filming you do… whatever the heck you want!"