TBS Discovery Pro

kloner

Aerial DP
i just tossed my pad looking for a dji arm and can't find one at the moment, a kloner arm big enough for a 12" prop is 62 grams, the tube length is totaly adjustable by the end user, long, short, whatever.

kloner

Aerial DP
It's funny when folks have such an opinionated point of view but never tried it..... your right, flying for a half hour is gay and a waste of time

There is no such thing as too much motor, just too many people that don't get how to setup a rig but that's what makes the big bucks....

if that project was here i'd be looking for a quality motor, you'd have much better success and not blame the size for the shortcomings, but the quality of the parts you try

That remains to be determined. I've flown one of my Disco's with 2814 Avroto on it which is the same motor I use on my Droidworx AD6 heavy lifter. Have to be hauling some serious weight on the Disco to need that kind of power and if it comes to that, maybe I'm trying to use the wrong frame for the intended use... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
went out this am and flew this thing for the first time on a pro frame.... didn't have a pc and no remote gain, but she was really close... another 20 less on ail/ele and it'll be licked smooth as butter. with a 5300 gens ace pack it flew 10 minute flights with 2000 left with 12" props. Gonna get the 14" props in and stack another 5300 to it to see what it'll do then...... it hovers at mid throttle in manual right now with 5300 and needs way more prop to get the efficiency thing going

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
It's funny when folks have such an opinionated point of view but never tried it..... your right, flying for a half hour is gay and a waste of time

There is no such thing as too much motor, just too many people that don't get how to setup a rig but that's what makes the big bucks....

if that project was here i'd be looking for a quality motor, you'd have much better success and not blame the size for the shortcomings, but the quality of the parts you try

You have no clue what I have or have not tried so maybe you should get down off your high horse and chill out. At least I don't have a vested financial interest in making people see things my way, I'm not trying to sell anything.

SMP

Still chasing wicked Pitch jitters on our Pro. Have gone stock dampers, red/orange, all red, all orange, up and down the Pids... Swapping pitch and roll motors next to see if its a bad motor...

I know lots of folks have been plugnplay but the Pitch jitter seems to be a relatively common theme for some as well. Sadly we're in the latter at the moment.

yakjock

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kloner

You have no clue what I have or have not tried so maybe you should get down off your high horse and chill out. At least I don't have a vested financial interest in making people see things my way, I'm not trying to sell anything.

Hey guys were all grown ups here ( well I think we are :nevreness:) Everyone has an opinion thats what makes us different, lets not let this get in to a sh*t sling match like on RCG.​

kloner

Aerial DP
just to say anything is too big is nuts if they hadn't tried it. the only vested interest i have in these arms is that there the bitchenest part i can make, I'm actualy not making a dime off this project, not investing any either

SMP, whats your setup? have you taken the gains down? if the props are off and you rev the throttle in manual is it smooth at the arm? if you drag a fingernail on a spinning motor are they smooth. pitchy, shakey un-tunable problems usualy come from mechanical issues

kloner

Aerial DP
raw footage from the big dog. 4000 watts 12" props 6s. got a tad of headbanging from the over gained motor and the frequency changed from the lower max kv and bigger props so gotta sort that out but all in all not a bad maiden. makes all the work we put into the regular disco with this setup show through

I've kinda gotten bored flying little rigs for fun not chassing talents, etc like work, but man, when you fly something that powerfull it brings back the adrenaline like when i first flew fpv..... pretty fun rig

tstrike

pendejo grande
I didn't know the built in Alex M board could run on 6s. What kind of gains are you running with those big props?
sounds cool when it passes by!

Maymidroix

These are the AIMDROIX Aluminum arms on the TBS disco. (thanks to Eric FPV for the pictures)
View attachment 13796View attachment 13798View attachment 13799View attachment 13800
As aluminum is very good material for heat dissipation, the heat generated by the motors will be conducted to the arm. You'll notice how cool your motors will be, even after flying for more than 15 min in a 85F weather. This will extend the life of your motors and also will improve the efficiency as they will operate at a lower temperature.

I'm currently working on an extensive analysis to know how much heat is actually being dissipated by the arm. I'm taking this as a project on my Heat transfer class, but basically, your motor in attached to a decent size heat sink. Hopefully, we'll provide the final results in the next month or two.

You are not just buying a cnc aluminum piece, there is a lot of engineering involve in the design and all of our products will be done the same way.

Here you can see how the spacers will allow to connect the battery to the tbs battery tabs.
View attachment 13797

They'll back in stock between tomorrow and Tuesday at Readymade RC. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=76_155

Attachments

• IMG_3250_zps3b1e253d.jpg
    IMG_3250_zps3b1e253d.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_3251_zps5ff127f2.jpg
    IMG_3251_zps5ff127f2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_3252_zps0b713d9d.jpg
    IMG_3252_zps0b713d9d.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_3256_zps11a4ce0a.jpg
    IMG_3256_zps11a4ce0a.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_3257_zps963a9403.jpg
    IMG_3257_zps963a9403.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 408

kloner

Aerial DP
T, the alexmos runs through the core and is 12v i think, maybe less. it's a weak feeling hold

That is my standard naza settings, 140-130-135-130 95-95..... it needs about 20 less across the board in man and atti was perfect

hope your product liability policy is a fat one, that things gonna light a fire.

SMP

Still have the amp extensions on with the 10" graups so that could be inducing a bit of flex. In the process of swapping the pitch/roll motors to see if i've got a twitchy...

tstrike

pendejo grande
T, the alexmos runs through the core and is 12v i think, maybe less.

oh yeah, I forget about that core thing. So if you're flying 2 of those prius battery's, what are you weighing out at like 3k? How's the gimbal like the big props?

kloner

Aerial DP
that was kinda why i just posted all the raw vids form it..... when i lean itno the wind she is getting some headbanging but right about then i'm wearing a wawawa so think i can tame it. theres is a tad of jello in 2.7k too, but that should be a different set of dampers for the lower frequency of the 400kv motors on 6s vs 900 on 4s..... i'll take it back out this weekend retuned

kloner

Aerial DP
got the 14's on it,,, shes so nice now. burns 180-220 mah a min depending if your doing 30 or 60mph. had a little issue with the filter not all the way on but it was kinda cool for troubleshooting this flight. like a rear view mirror. the ail gain was way too low and i had all 4 on x1 so by the time ail got stable ele was bumpy and made for headbanging but the jello is gone.....