TBS Discovery Pro

kloner

Aerial DP
you betcha. they are going to be distributed in the us by AMP, stay tuned

this is as close to a copter kids Single Rotor looking result minus the red, accelerates like a mofo and can sustain 60-70 mph for a while

Hi Guys

Got my disco pro and it's built so far. Im using a Futaba 8FG Upgraded to ezuhf 8 ch/ ezuhf TX and my V1 Naza. Having some issues:

I've Binded the TX/RX. I'm using PPM (Only two cables from my RX to the top plate pins CH1 for ppm and CH8 for video switching)
On the bottom plate, the PPM pin is connected to the Naza X2.
I've bridged the vtx and ppm/gimbal dabs on top plate as Kloner pointed out earlier in this thread.
I've gone through the videos and the manuals.

1. My NazaM assistant (2.16) upon opening just hangs there, however, my LED is solid green.
2. If I skip the process, the control sliders are green, but no response.
3. Calibrated my gimbal using Simple BGC, but now the gimbal emits a high pitch continuous beep.

Im new on the Futaba being a Spektrum user for a while, my trainer settings are set to mix, still no link.

Time to go to the pro's...

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am using S-Bus2 and working fine, can you disconnect the Naza from the Pro and so you only have the basic connection to the Naza and nothing else plugged in, step by step will sort it out. Are your plugs around the right way?

Cheers

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

I am using S-Bus2 and working fine, can you disconnect the Naza from the Pro and so you only have the basic connection to the Naza and nothing else plugged in, step by step will sort it out. Are your plugs around the right way?

Cheers

Pete

thanks Pete, I will try that and report back.

kloner

Aerial DP
900 kv 4s stock length setup.....
i.php

i.php

400 kv 6s extended length......
DSC00723_795.jpg

i.php

with the shorter version there is zero flex in any three axis, the extended ones have a tad bit of radial flex, but none x y....... guess a higher end tube might help, maybe even aluminum tube like a tailboom

One things for sure, even the 3d printed ones hold up to crashin kloner style

kloner

Aerial DP
were using 16mm,,,,, can get from anywhere, think it's a trex 500 tail boom..... hobbyking has the tubes for a few bucks ea

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
finally found the time to maiden the TBS Pro, issues thought with naza V2, random failsafe etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
think its my fault have a mismatch on the RX TX conceding FW. Thought I used the RX before but its a new one ! Were can i get the 1.43 FW, the 1.48 is buggy or ?

Thanks

Boris

Kloner: Do you have an idea when your longarm kit will be out? I am really excited to buy one. The flight time up to 30 minutes looks very interesting.

kloner

Aerial DP
were pushing on this project as hard as we can. they ordered 10,000 pcs so the ramp up to production and samples have been slow coming but they promise once we hit go it'll happen really fast..... i appologize for it taking so long, my analness in perfection has gotten in the way of it being as quick and easy as i thought this kinda thing was... One thing i can promise is a super high quality upgrade that'll make these tbs/dji kits super reliable to make good footage with and power plant one can imagine using

Thank you for your reply Kloner. The longarm will be great. I am thinking of using the SunnySky engines. The specs seems similar to the recommended
Tigers you have. What brand of props do you use? I am probably going for 14" or 15" for long flight times. Been thinking of RcTimer carbon props.
Seems pretty good right out of the box without balancing, or have I missed something about them?

kloner

Aerial DP
anything except tiger are super flimsy and make alot of cavitation..... not saying they don't work, but there alot different than the real deal....

I fly reds on skyjibs so i'm super picky about that kind of thing. We did some testing with AMP props and there just not the same, neither were hawk. gotta imagine the foxtech are similar