TBS Discovery Pro

kloner

Aerial DP
ours are alot like the set he posted to this thread but casted in a mold instead of cnc so were able to bring the complete kit cost down to less than what the ends would cost and from our end, the cf is the most expensive part.

i hear ya. We have backpacks like you showed but the disco sits outside strapped to the back and inside is full of our gear.

where was that filmed? vietnam? crazy sunrise/sets

Boltzman

Yao Noi, Thailand (between Phuket and Krabi). The backpack kit is essential there.
Imagine carry a S800 or even Skyjib with all gear. Start from longboats, on sand, in the jungle - really bad place for a mulitcopter.
The NEX-5 camera is not amazing but far better than any action cam available for these kind of shots. Gopro will come there one day, but the sensor size is too small..

I really would like to trial your arms, let me know when available.

BR

Bartek

To the Disco users, I'm considering adding the EZUHF 8 channel Diversity RX to my DiscoPro. I currently use a Spektrum Ar8000 RX with a DX8, but I wonder what kind of benefit I would get from the EZUHF. Anyone using this configuration?

kloner

Aerial DP
you get massive range, stronger signal down low further away, full rssi info across the bottom of your screen. it takes a tx too.....

all that info across the bottom of the screen, keeps you outof the dirt. is radio signal strength indicator and quality s/n and missed packets. it is a single digital cable from the ezosd port on ezuhf to the frame

http://rchelicollective.com/zen/albums/kloner/theMOB/DSC00557.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
theres one on each end. the ezuhf trasmitter module goes on your radio, plugs in the trainer port. the ezuhf receiver replaces the receiver on the model now. it also has ppm so one wire to the top plate controls the first 7 channels of the disco/naza. ch8 is in there but the pro has a seperate pwm ch for cam switching

start with one of the ezuhf kits like readymade and getfpv sell. has all the antennas, both ends, and get the diversity rx for a multirotor. I run these on everything i fly. Skyjib has it on both rc and gimbal... it's the bomb.

i.php

you can recognize it a mile away with the long antenna sticking off the tx. it's what makes my stuff look different how i keep going and going and going. it also opens up 2.4 for video which is prime

if the rssi gets low, you look like this to make it come back or be the best it can
i.php

kloner

Aerial DP
just did a walk around to see how many ezuhf are here now, theres 7 diversity receivers on 6 multis and a gimbal and another 9 of the 4ch lite on 7 planks and 2 gimbals. Geez, i need a garage sale. That 4ch lite is nice, it'll do 12ch on ppm and is a lower noise floor than a diversity, but on a multi rotor like cp is important to the video cause of all the tilting, the diversity will keep you out of the dirt. You can also bind multiple rx's to the tx so can run a 2 man gimbal kinda rig on one radio

The whole game with any radio is linear polarity antennas gotta match orientation. when you do your build, make one stand up straight when it hovers and another straight up when it's underway. when you see the rssi drop or fall off completely you want to look at your antenna in your hand and get it straight. it'll bring it up as much as 50% if your completely off axis with the polarity. normal i can get 10 plus % moving it around to find the sweet spot. It's a game with a gauge so it's pretty self explanatory once you get to playing with it

Hey if you have a 5.8 tx/Rx ezuhf set plus antennas lying around, I got paypal.
Thanks man

SMP

On Kloners advice, we migrated to EZuhf and its been awesome. All of our smaller birds and any new birds we buy have it now and wish we'd started there. Range is awesome, video is very good, penetration is good as well. For the larger capital construction sites we document it wasn't uncommon for us to hit control limits, now that's a thing of the past. With the Futaba 8fg etc its plug n play to the trainer port. Genuinely couldn't be easier.

Maidened the DiscoPro just now. Since I dont have any Tmotor 2814 graupner reducers on hand (argh, the little things..) had to take it up with the 12" XOARS on AMP extensions. Had so much jello Bill Cosby would be jealous. Props were balanced on the bird they came off of.. soooo either I suck at balancing (likely), the front y puts the tips so close that tip vortices screw it up, the arms are effectively too long for this combo and create twist, or... who knows. When the reducers show up will try the 10" and 9" graups and looking forward to the results. Gimbal worked well out of the boxwith just a slightly lazy horizon and camera switching is very very cool!

The ONLY real dilemma is that it seems to have a roll memory of its own on startup. Sometimes level, sometimes left. Sometimes it shakes and I have to replug and repower. For this maiden I had the roll on my left wheel and gave up remote gains. Hoping I can give up roll control and get my remote gains back but if this first flight is any indication...

Thanks for the Build help along the way Kloner et all!!!

OH Quick question Kloner?? My voltage in the OSD is showing about 1.5volts over what I'm getting on the battery via Multimeter. Can this variance be adjusted in the Core menu?

kloner

Aerial DP
vibrations make it roll over if this is happening during flight.

Try some 10" props, them new dji ones are what patrick has me using and they flew bitchen. im convinced them xoars make more problems than they fix

the voltage can be adjusted in the core menu

kloner

Aerial DP
i don't think so, gotta order the spacers seperate. There bone stock dji blades on the 2814 760 kv motors with 4s..... smooth outta the package

yea, patrick at amp that sells them extenders.

SMP

<--- Idiot. Jello was caused by... Props not perfectly balanced correctly initially, Gopro (wifi side) rubbing on side of gimbal, roll motor not lined up perfectly parallel to bottom plate and Roll axis not perfectly balanced.

Rebalanced props to perfection. Added 3 little sorbethane dots undergo pro then strapped it down wicked hard to keep it off the top gimbal plate. Lined up roll motor to be parallel to bottom plate taking into account sag from the dampers and added a quarter glued to tilt motor to balance the roll axis.

Now Jello is gone, HOWEVER...

In mode 1 (not flying) as you move the airframe around there are multiple points that cause gimbal vibration on the tilt axis. A number of guys have reported this on fpvlabs. Hoping that they would go away as the bird transitioned to mode 2 (flying). No joy. Soooo looks like a bit of PID tuning is in order.

SMP

Ack...Still to much jello and micro vibrations to fly in 2.7k30fps. 1080@60 helps but micro vibs driving me nuts.

Don't know how you guys have your tilt/roll setup but have mine to the Sliders left and right under the Futaba 8fg. Hate the little notches at each position. Anyone opened their radios up and filed those down yet???

kloner

Aerial DP
the prototypes come in early next week and the mold parts are 2 weeks behind them. sorry, takes time. I'll get some pictures going shortly