Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 499
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 448
Last edited by a moderator:

That's some sexy stuff kloner. I dig the logo. I guess you'll be moving the esc's to the Disco frame?
Between your Disco Mods and Viper's awesome FlexaCopter build, the wait for the Disco Pro I ordered, is somehow less harsh. Keep them pics coming.

kloner

Aerial DP
yes, we have another product called a stomp pad that has a precut space for the esc's underneath the frame.....

otherwise the esc's go under and don't land her too hard or you can glue them to the arms.....zip tie, whatever

View attachment 13669View attachment 13670

i wouldn't try it to this extreme, but there it is

View attachment 13671

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 471
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 458
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 444

jcmonty

I can attest that even with "just" 4x 3515 and 13" props the disco with our early prototype mounts was by far the fastest multirotor I have ever flown. And it was smooth as heck.

kloner

Aerial DP
the hovering capability in wind is another big benefit, the jello free video too. theres so many reasons, but if you crash alot, stay off these with a pro frame cause they'll take the frame out before they break @ $600 a copy

heres me going at it

if you go all the way to 3515 or 3520 with 6s it'll fly dam near a half hour with 5000 6s.....

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

080_795.jpg

the outside plates had to be redone, almost guys, super close to perfect. Your all gonna dig the inner bracket, it's the coolest thing ever. only change were looking at is we may revert back to this 16mm tube. it's super strong and has better meat left on the parts. I've been busy moving some stuff around, but i'll get on this week and go see how the pro frame likes the handlebars. it's big setup for 14" props and these motors. looking forward to building out a stock length/power setup

Is anybody considering, or have considered, installing a Zero UAV ys-x6 (or a ys-x4) with a Disco Pro? With all this flame talk about DJI I thought I'd test the waters. I plan to use a Naza, but I'm tempted to try the Zero. Curious to see who's made the jump.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Is anybody considering, or have considered, installing a Zero UAV ys-x6 (or a ys-x4) with a Disco Pro? With all this flame talk about DJI I thought I'd test the waters. I plan to use a Naza, but I'm tempted to try the Zero. Curious to see who's made the jump.

Having a YS-X6 and a few Discovery frames on hand, I'd say you would have a hard time finding enough room for all the bits and pieces of the YS flight controller system. A better alternative might be an APM 2.5 if you want similar capabilites like waypoints, ground station, etc. If you just want an alternative flight controller I have one Discovery flying on a Multiwii Pro board and it has proved to be pretty much equal to the same thing flying with a Naza.

Ken

Having a YS-X6 and a few Discovery frames on hand, I'd say you would have a hard time finding enough room for all the bits and pieces of the YS flight controller system. A better alternative might be an APM 2.5 if you want similar capabilites like waypoints, ground station, etc. If you just want an alternative flight controller I have one Discovery flying on a Multiwii Pro board and it has proved to be pretty much equal to the same thing flying with a Naza.

Ken

Thanks Ken,

I see your point. The YS is a bit bulky, that's judging from ChrisViper's Flexacopter build - awesome BTW! I've yet to get my feet wet with APM. i'm familiar with Naza/WKM and all that it entails ;) APM does seem a good deal with all the features, which are attractive. The Zero UAV seemed a midway between the WKM/Naza ease of setup, with the APM features. We'll see. keep you posted and thanks. Today I got confirmation from Trappy my order is shipped - a few more days...

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Thanks Ken,

I see your point. The YS is a bit bulky, that's judging from ChrisViper's Flexacopter build - awesome BTW! I've yet to get my feet wet with APM. i'm familiar with Naza/WKM and all that it entails ;) APM does seem a good deal with all the features, which are attractive. The Zero UAV seemed a midway between the WKM/Naza ease of setup, with the APM features. We'll see. keep you posted and thanks. Today I got confirmation from Trappy my order is shipped - a few more days...

Here's a size comparison I did between my WKM and the YS-X6...

It's bigger than a Wookong-m and you'd have a hard time making a WKM fit into a Discovery.

My current project is some minor modifications for a Discovery frame...

That's an APC 13 inch thin electric prop sitting on a 2814 motor. Motor mount is designed to route the wires directly off the motor and down the arm tube which is a 17mm diameter C/F and 330mm long. The tube is actually a Droidworx piece leftover from when I upgraded my AD6 to a heavy lift version, I have 6 of them sitting around gathering dust so I might as well put them to good use.

The ESC will be located close to the inner mounting block, there's enough weight out at the end of the arm with that 2814 motor sitting there, no need to add more if it can be avoided. The prototype pieces actually worked out well enough on the first go-round for me to decide to print a full set and convert one of my currently flying Discovery, inner mounting blocks are on the printer as I'm typing. :)

I also have the bits for a front mount brushless gimbal sitting on the shelf ready to go as well, I'll do basic flight tests before that goes on though. If this setup proves to be a bit too much I'll scale back on the motor and tube size and go for something a little more in line with the current size of the Disco, easy enough to do when it's just a matter of a few changes to the CAD files and then run the print job.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
too much? it's not enough motor.......

That remains to be determined. I've flown one of my Disco's with 2814 Avroto on it which is the same motor I use on my Droidworx AD6 heavy lifter. Have to be hauling some serious weight on the Disco to need that kind of power and if it comes to that, maybe I'm trying to use the wrong frame for the intended use... ;)