TBS Discovery Pro

tstrike

pendejo grande
what leopards, the 780kv or the 900's? Com'on man, quit teasing with your product line, let's see the goods!

kloner

Aerial DP
were hoping t shoot some promo pics this weekend or early next week, when we do i'll share

the 900 on 4s with 9" props are money on the pro. the 780 need 11" or 5s with 8's or 9's.... and it'll do that.

the arms are done like boris's as in cad drawn but less droidworx and more origional. they have an optional vibe iso dampner system like rusty offers but big motor sizes

tstrike

pendejo grande
leopard 900's vs. suppos 2810's running 4s on 9" graups, which one wins for lifting floaty flying (not kloner style)?
What are you doing about landing gear on that monster quad you posted?

kloner

Aerial DP
leopard hands down. there like a tiger with the prop adapters etc. The adapters look crazy bent, but when you spin it up if the motors smooth run em. you can get ipower prop adapters for there 2814 line to replace the stock leopards that are alot nicer. hard black ones like tiger but 4 bolt....

my camera man is mr efficiency and he had these sunny sky 2216 900 i beleie and he flew the thing for like 12 of 14 minutes on 4000mah 4s. jcmonty, ask him if you want real floaty but not very fast. He's flown them and all my rigs so would have a great input to specifics like that. visualy looking at the rigs in the sky with a breeze, the leopards would make a locked in look like you couldn't believe. his would wobble a tad more, way slower, but half the amp draws

for the three axis brushless gimbal were using a table with a hole in it for now but will either do a retract or landing ring. legs on the brushless gimbals suck for speed. the av200 servo type with landing gear would be the most ideal easy solution

The legs on there own fit any dji 450, 550, disco frames so there gonna be a well rounded option compared to what all is available today as far as upgrades. these arms are stiff, frames will snap before the legs do

Last edited by a moderator:

yakjock

the pro with 3515 tigers and a Droidworx ad quick release it's 1870 grams..... the 6s packs i'm flying are 435 gram, hero is another 100 grams

I'm really after them older discos as well, 3 axis gimbal

View attachment 16856

this was a proof of concept we did, now there like a stock looking deal, just better. molded delrin, coaxiable, lots of options to run from 2212 to 4014 from 8" to 15" props......

Thats hardcore!! I like it....

SMP

Hey brother, thanks for the heads up! Will tear off the extensions and not waste my time then...

Sorry to bother you all but a couple of soldering questions;

1. PPM Gimbal Pad - Do you DAB on one or the other, both separately or bridge the two together?
View attachment 13328

2. Stock VTX comes 5V from TBS - To enable 12v kind of same question - Single Dab on 12V? Bridge them together? Bypass both and use white Molex (think thats what its called) connector? Bypass both and use solder pads to left and if so does the 12V pad still need some action???
View attachment 13329

Thanks guys and thank you TBS, it's AWESOME having to ask favors from all my internet buddies. Nah, manual?? Exploded Diagram??... no really, seriously,... thank you!! asshats..

Attachments

• photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 463
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 299

kloner

Aerial DP
haha, they figure that's the line where if it's too hard they'd rather you had it built, they offer it

you will make both ppmpads bridged with solder, run the iron across the vtx pad and it will unbridge then solder across the middle to 12v pad to enable.The rest of the adjusting for hero on a switch and such is on the osd setup screen, hold down enter to start, up down to nav. I put my vtx on plugs so can hot swap in the field if theres a problem, same with camera

kloner

Aerial DP
it has my origional v1 that used to have a sat but got sick of waiting for locks so bailed it. hate that sattelite. the high speed one i posted vid from is a v2 kit and i never mounted the sat so at the end of the day is a lite.

the naza in my pro has been in the water twice............ got it december 2011

JG-rn

it has my origional v1 that used to have a sat but got sick of waiting for locks so bailed it. hate that sattelite. the high speed one i posted vid from is a v2 kit and i never mounted the sat so at the end of the day is a lite.

the naza in my pro has been in the water twice............ got it december 2011

The v2 is limited to 35 degree pitch right? Making it slower than the v1 or lite (45 degree pitch).

kloner

Aerial DP
availability is for sure. not totaly sure on pricing yet but were shooting for $175 for 4....... still have a few bids out, might be a bit less...... certainly steps up the game in the stiffness dept.....

yakjock

availability is for sure. not totaly sure on pricing yet but were shooting for $175 for 4....... still have a few bids out, might be a bit less...... certainly steps up the game in the stiffness dept.....

Soon as there up for sale let me know :) I have the carbon tubes sat ready & waiting for the mounts :)
Chris

kloner

Aerial DP
you'll find out here first. with the tubes already purchased you'll be looking at considerably less. were gonna be selling the end caps to the reseller and they are going to supply the rest or ends only like your going.....