Tarot T810 Build

talunceford

Which flight controller are you using?

Tim,

Voices would be great. I suppose I would need to get WAV files? I have a plus radio but this setup would work...

HxJFMX.jpg

Pumpkinguy

I couldn't find avrotto motor specs but I used tmotor 3520-400. 1010 grams of thrust @ 50% with 15" props. That's only 6060 grams of thrust. No way they are gonna be big enough.

talunceford

Yeah, the 3520-400 T Motors aren't gonna work. I ran the avrotos through ecalc and they have plenty of torque to get it up in the air.

http://montorc.com/avrotolift3520400kv.aspx

They call for an AUW for a hex of 15-20 lbs and an Octo of 20-30 lbs.

Here is what my rough ecalc said...

Attachments

• avroto-3520-400.jpg
    avroto-3520-400.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 451

Pumpkinguy

I thought avroto and tmotor were effectively the same motor. I highly doubt if you compared thrust between the 2 brands there would be a difference. You need to be aware that some companies test and rate their motors differently. Testing equipment varies. I am not an expert by any stretch but I think you will be under powered with them.

talunceford

I think that avroto and Tmotors are completely different motors. I don't know, I am basing my determination off of what ecalc is telling me. The results are quite different from each other. I have looked at both motors, but who knows right? I know that my build WITHOUT the gimbal is almost spot on to what ecalc says. Actually I am only 2 10ths of a minute off of what ecalc says it would be, with my Tarot 4114 motors. Mind you, there is not a chance that I would fly this rig with those motors. The one thing that I DO know is that the 4114s I have now won't cut the mustard. Gotta find something that works better than they do.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
I am confused. You are showing the chart for the AVL3520-520kva motor. This is a much different motor than the AVL-3520-400 kva motor. Your proposed build is much like our HC-800 series.
We use this aircraft up to 7200 grams with AVL-3520- 400kva with 15x5 CF props for many clients. It will hover at about 50-55% throttle in heavy air..... 60% in light air at higher altitudes. Motors and ESC always come down cool.
This aircraft works, but is clearly at it's MAX. weight and has less headroom to react to wind. I strongly suggest 60a. ESC for this motor.
The AVL-3520-520 kva motor is much more aggressive and less efficient. It will do much better at or above 7000 grams, but at the expense of flight time. This motor will require an 80a esc.
At this weight, you are on the line between an 800mm and the larger 1100mm aircraft. We would push our client to go to the 1000mm with U7 motors and 18" props at this weight..... much better weight to thrust ratio, reactivity to wind & large gains in flight time.
Here is the Calc for the HC-800.

Attachments

• 3520-400.jpg
    3520-400.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 476

talunceford

Yeah I was aware of the stats. I was trying to show that the motor specs were a bit different than that of the t motors. Yes the 3520 520s are much more agressive for sure. I am still leaning towards the 3520 400s. Which speed controls would you suggest for them?

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
We have shifted to T-motor exclusively. We used to recommend Maytech, but experienced some failures and SimonK issues. If it was my aircraft, I would use the T-Motor T60a esc. These are a bit hard to come by right now in the US. I know that several distributors have them ordered, but have not yet been received. As far as the motors..... You need to contact Jim at Monto RC to verify ETA, as they are currently out of stock. If you need to get something immediately, you can order some from outside the US or go with MN-3520.... very similar motor, Japanese Bearing as opposed to German & a bit higher quality control from the Avroto. I believe the only place you will find any AVL3520-400 is in the UK. I hope this helps.

Pumpkinguy

Tal.

Andrew really knows his stuff. His only fault is that he sometimes tell us we picked the wrong motor after its on delivery. :). He's pretty much saying the 3520 is gonna be borderline and I agree. I don't think you will be happy with them. You don't even have room to use a larger battery or add anything.
Also, open your mind to other brands. Avroto is not the only good one out there. Ultimately it's your money. Cheers

Pumpkinguy

Disclaimer. I have very little practical experience with multirotor design but I'm learning. Have spent countless hours on ecalc and researching my build, talking to experts etc. I'm thinking you need a motor prop combo with between 1300 and 1400 grams of thrust @ 50%. Pick a motor based on that then run it thru ecalc. Tmotor, Avroto, kde whatever.

AzViper

That sounds about right.

7K ÷ 6 = 1166 × 20% = 1399 @ 50% throttle using 15 x 5 props if this copter is fully furnished with nothing being added in the future.

Look at the KDE 4215XF KV465. Would give you 2500 grams of wiggle room at 50% with 15 x 5 props, but run the numbers and see what you come up with.

Pumpkinguy

That sounds about right.

7K ÷ 6 = 1166 × 20% = 1399 @ 50% throttle using 15 x 5 props if this copter is fully furnished with nothing being added in the future.

Look at the KDE 4215XF KV465. Would give you 2500 grams of wiggle room at 50% with 15 x 5 props, but run the numbers and see what you come up with.

Those are the motors I'm using. They have a 13mm OD shaft collar on the back so you may have to drill out or change out your mounts. That's a newer motor and not available in ecalc

AzViper

Tim,

You will get it all sorted out. Just make sure to leave about 20% extra thrust @ 50% throttle for the total weight of your copter. I look forward to your videos on setting up the Taranis Plus.