Tarot T810 Build

violetwolf

I'm short on time right now but here's what I did for duo/single

I got two Taranis radios and a module TX that plugs into the back. Taranis is 16 channel so I route the first 8 to the internal TX and then 9-16 to the external module. I bind the internal TX to the copter and the external to the gimbal. That's my single operator.... Then to go dual I simply move the external TX to the other radio and hand it to the cam op. Instant switch over... Total cost under $500

talunceford

Yeah, once I get the setup done, I will post a video of the completed system. It will somewhat similar to that. Right now, I've got 2 receivers bound to my Taranis and are using it to control the flight and gimbal controls. No external module.

violetwolf

Yeah, once I get the setup done, I will post a video of the completed system. It will somewhat similar to that. Right now, I've got 2 receivers bound to my Taranis and are using it to control the flight and gimbal controls. No external module.

That would be easy to add in the second module once your ready. That was kind of the path I took
Look forward to pictures :)

talunceford

Essentially the way that the Linker works is that you have a FrSky module on the back of the second radio. The Linker has a 16 channel receiver within it. You mount it to the back of the Taranis and by doing that, you now have a wireless link between the two radios. I can keep the transmitter module in the second transmitter and only use it when its turned on being that my Taranis is bound to the two receivers anyway. Having the Taranis bound to the two receivers on the 810, the only thing I have to worry about is turning on the second transmitter when I need it. No moving modules from one transmitter to another or anything like that. At least that is how it is SUPPOSED to work LOL! The linker can be found on Alofthobbies.com

violetwolf

Interesting indeed. It sounds like you need to have both radios going in order to operate the gimbal from the second radio I'd think. I've seen this referred to as a "buddy box" or trainer module. This sounds fine for many applications. In my case though I have my gimbal on a quick release and all the radios and links are self-contained on the gimbal, so that I can simply detach the gimbal from the copter and slap on the handlebars, or throw it on a jib etc and use the Cam-Op radio. With a buddy box I would need both radios in these scenarios.

But honestly I think it would be fine either way. Both have their advantages.

Chalagi

Some of the folks on here that are starting a build of their own might be wondering what gains you are using on your naza v2? Then some like me just play with the gains until I hit a "Sweet" spot.