Tarot T810 Build

talunceford

Hello all,

I figured I would start my build thread and get a few things posted prior to the "parts" getting here. I ordered a Tarot T810 from FoxTechFPV. 4114 Motors and I am going to get a couple 6600mah batteries for power. The 810 will be swinging 15x5.5 props. The flight controller I went with is the Naza V2, and I went with the FrSky Taranis for the radio system. I have to say, that the Taranis is quite cool in the respect of getting all of the settings setup prior to the radio even getting here. I love that aspect of it. The biggest question I have thus far is what kind of power distribution would someone recommend? Quite frankly, I've looked at several different options, but I am not sure the cleanest way isn't just to wire it like Tarot shows. I just don't know yet. I'd like to hear some other opinions as to what the veterans are doing and by all means, please share any tips you might have. I am not a newbie by any means, I do have experience with multi-rotors. Am I a seasoned veteran? By no mean at all. I am an enthusiest at best, but I sure do enjoy flying them. My phantom that I have is a V1 with upgraded motors, gimbal and go-pro. I love it, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to filming, anything to get a more stable shot is what I am after.

Thanks in advance for your time and your input.

Best wishes,

Tim

talunceford

**** UPDATE ****

So I received my T810 a week or so ago and as luck would have it, I had a part missing. One of the locking mechanisms for the arms. I needed 4 and they sent 3. Go figure. Anyway, I've been busy getting the arms wired up, speed controls and transmitter programmed. Right now I am waiting on the final locking mechanism to get here this week and once that is done, I will get the construction buttoned up. I am striving for a nice, neat and tidy install. All of the wiring will be loomed, with braided wire loom and terminated with heat shrink. Pictures will be available as soon as I get all of the parts in.

talunceford

Well the locking mechanism came in last week and I think I got everything assembled and ready to go. Here are some pics of the 810 prior to getting a few last wires soldered and heat shrinked.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I am still waiting on the batteries, gimbal and a few other items before this bird is read

Rangers99

Looks great….in the process of building a 680pro…just taking some time due to funds LOL…I have the Taranis also…how did the set up go on yours?

talunceford

Hello all! Sorry for not updating sooner. Been busy with work, school family etc... :) You know... the 40 year old kindof stuff. The bird flys great! I am flying with 2 6600 mah 10c batteries and getting 22.5 min of flight time. I have some videos that I would like to post regarding the maiden flight and the radio setup. I am using the Zaggometry to patch into my naza v2 gps feed and transmit the telemetry back to my Taranis. Works VERY well. I still have some tweaking to do to the scripts on the Taranis, but they are quite minor.

Nothing spectacular, but just a small maiden flight.

I did have a few issues with the distribution system (factory) as far as the bullet connector being loose and causing one speed controller to act up. Once that was resolved, it flew flawlessly after that. My suggestion on the factory distribution, is to solder them in. Don't allow them to have the chance of coming loose.

attachment.php

Still waiting on the gimbal. I am thinking about going with the RCTimer ASP 3 axis gimbal. Using a Sony Nex 5T or higher on it. I am also going to using a Sony Handycam that I have with a Lanc controller. That seems like a pretty interesting feature. If you don't know what it is, check this link out. http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/LancCtrl_V1.1-Multi

Anyway, that is the progress.

Here is a video of how I have my Taranis configured. It doesn't have the latest additions to it, but I will get that soon enough.

If you have any questions, feel free to look up the Tarot T810/T960 group on facebook.

Attachments

• _DSC7691.jpg
    _DSC7691.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 373
Last edited by a moderator:

talunceford

Well, Santa was very good to me this year. I received a Tarot 5d2 gimbal and a Turnigy 9x radio system. I have spent the past week constructing, tweaking and finalizing the build of the 5d2. I am not going to lie, it was a pain in the ass to get the gimbal setup, and yet it has its quirks. Once you get it tweaked it seems very smooth and stable. I have yet to fly the system, as I am deciding on whether or not to upgrade the motors. My guess is that I am going to upgrade them to the Avroto 3515s or the 3520s. hey seem to be the best motor for my particular application. Here is a picture of the system and a video of the gimbal. I will have a better video as soon as I get a test flight in.

Attachments

• 11606_1535658153375163_6908808335815661702_n.jpg
    11606_1535658153375163_6908808335815661702_n.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 518
Last edited by a moderator:

talunceford

Yep. I am running a mirrorless camera on the gimbal. Sony alpha A series camera. Fairly light with the body and lens. Around 752g with the body and lens. In fact, the AUW, might be around 7.2kg, not 100% positive on that, but the 7kg part I am 100% positive. I've got access to a large scale that I can weigh this bird on to see.

AzViper

Hi Tim,

Any chance that you do a video of a step by step programming of the Taranis X9D radio. I think I sent a message over to your Facebook when I thought I was sending the message to this forum. I am having to do a antenna mod to my new Taranis due to arriving broken.

talunceford

Hi Tim,

Any chance that you do a video of a step by step programming of the Taranis X9D radio. I think I sent a message over to your Facebook when I thought I was sending the message to this forum. I am having to do a antenna mod to my new Taranis due to arriving broken.

Sure, let me put one together and I will post it probably tomorrow. What all are you needing on it? Voices, Failsafe, switch positions etc?

talunceford

That is a bummer about your Taranis. I think I am going to do a mod on my Turnigy 9x to get it to where I can put a new firmware on it. Right now the factory firmware is a total pos.

talunceford

Cool. I think as far as the voices are concerned, I will post a few of the videos that I used to create the sound files from on here, that way I don't try and recreate the wheel some. Now what I will do is create the few sections on how to get them into your Taranis.

I have the plus as well.