XAircraft SuperX

SamaraMedia

If I remember correctly I put everything back to 1.0 except maybe .9 on Yaw and Height as Drew suggested in his tutorial for heavier rigs. Tried to set my g-knob to about 16% at zero. Will have to dig back in there tonight, off to work now.

Thanks for the support and suggestions boys!

SamaraMedia

Motor alignment on this thing is a ***** since the arms are cantilevered in about 2 degrees so the slightest off square with the arm and motor mount gives a false reading, plus my iPhone keeps wanting to topple over if I'm not balancing it to keep it square.

fltundra

Motor alignment on this thing is a ***** since the arms are cantilevered in about 2 degrees so the slightest off square with the arm and motor mount gives a false reading, plus my iPhone keeps wanting to topple over if I'm not balancing it to keep it square.
Check M1 and M4 again, they are the worst ones.

SamaraMedia

Thanks guys. Received my KDE esc module today to make adjustments if needed, still feel there is a sync issue and not all SuperX related. Gotta find some time to test

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dylan M

Which Switch...
Make sure ESC are calibrated correctly, also check your connections or solder points... It is surprising how often a bullet connector can ground itself at the most inconvenient time...

SamaraMedia

Thanks Dylan. ESC's are KDE paired with KDE 4012 - 400kv motors so from all I've read these are pre-calibrated esc's. If you try to calibrate these like most others they just beep at full throttle then when you bring the throttle back to zero they go through the arming beep sequence.

Yesterday I checked all motor alignment and they are within .1 on my iPhone app. I noticed that when I have the retracks in the down position the rig is leaning forward so I put the retracks up and laid the hex on top of my counter top resting on the rail support brackets underneath which gives a more reliable level surface to work from. I placed the iPhone on top of the Super X FC in all directions and leveled the rig then went to each motor and made adjustments. As I've mentioned before the cantilevered arms make it difficult to get a real accurate reading because if you are out square by the tiniest amount at the motor it changes your level value. Hopefully they are all within an acceptable percentage.

Also updated all esc's with the latest KDE firmware so I at least now feel I have confidence each is setup properly. I purchased these esc's used and you just never know what you're getting. I will do a complete re-calibration of my radio in case any values on the esc changed.

One of the things I don't like about buying ARF kits is not knowing how somethings were assembled, soldered or if the circuitry is embedded in the centerplates whether there is an issue. The Tarot X6 has some nice features but after tinkering with it for a while now I'm sure I would go down this road again. I'm used to soldering and building each component as I go so when the rig is complete I feel if there is a problem it's on me and not on something that I can't see or easily trouble shoot. Even the PDB on this rig is a mini plug style connection for the esc, great for ease of assembly and change if a part blows but I'm not totally comfortable with the construction of it, already had one female connector pop out of its seat in the case and had to open up it up to re-set it.

Heading out shortly to burn a couple batts and tune again. Will report back...

Would someone be willing to send me a copy of their Futaba settings (forgot what the format is called) so I can take a look and compare my settings?

Thanks

fltundra

Do you guys tune in GPS, Atti or manual?
I did all my tuning in gps mode. Once I got it where i wanted it.(after many hours) I found that it also then flies perfect in atti and manual. The fastest forward flight so far in atti was 52 mph. In gps I average around 30 mph full forward pitch.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Probably makes the most sense to tune in the mode you'll fly most often in. I'm almost exclusively ATTI, so for me it made sense to concentrate on that.

I think if you get it dialed in, it should work for any of the modes.