XAircraft SuperX

Thanks guys.. So wondering if I'm at -100% on G in the black box what value would that correlate to within the GUI settings.. For example my settings are 1 and I'm at -100% is that the same as 0.5% ? the manual says G changes the value from 50-100% of the gain setting? Wish it simply changed the value in the GUI with the dial..

Also I'm getting some YAW drift.. When using MK and the CineStar we have to set the compass effect to Zero as it will also drift.. Its been theorized that the battery on top creates problems... Anyone flying a Cinestar on the SuperX...

Thanks for all the help this forums been great..

Cedar

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thanks guys.. So wondering if I'm at -100% on G in the black box what value would that correlate to within the GUI settings.. For example my settings are 1 and I'm at -100% is that the same as 0.5% ? the manual says G changes the value from 50-100% of the gain setting? Wish it simply changed the value in the GUI with the dial..

Also I'm getting some YAW drift.. When using MK and the CineStar we have to set the compass effect to Zero as it will also drift.. Its been theorized that the battery on top creates problems... Anyone flying a Cinestar on the SuperX...

Thanks for all the help this forums been great..

Cedar

Only reference to the gains, XA told me that a negative input by radio will alter the software set gain to a maximum of 50% and no more, a positive input will alter the software set gain to a maximum of 200% and no more!

To me that makes it almost impossible to know where you are and I think XA suggesting disconnecting the CH7 servos once you are happy with the gains is a cop out because, for me gains needed to be adjusted depending upon load and weather

David

Sorry to keep asking questions :)

When I calibrate the compass I never really see a slow blinking green light between orientations? And if I keep spinning in one orientation trying to get the slow blinking green light I end up with a "red" light every time?? Any suggestions? What I ended up doing is just changing orientations without seeing a slow blinking green light and ending with a green light.. But the ending green light will still blink when moving so I'm thinking I'm still in calibration mode?

Thanks,

Cedar

not showing the inputs real time is one of the strangest things about this controller. I guess if you haven't tried them all you wouldn't understand but yes, they all have a window to make sure sticks move right, modes are entering correctly, atti gain level, etc..... what if you don't have a radio that comes out not covered in the manual, there suppose to figure it out on the forums? Tyranis for instance, did i see a reverse setting for that?

I agree with this. It would be really helpful to have the control inputs from the FC. XA knows this and I am pretty confident that it will be incorporated.

Sorry to keep asking questions :)

When I calibrate the compass I never really see a slow blinking green light between orientations? And if I keep spinning in one orientation trying to get the slow blinking green light I end up with a "red" light every time?? Any suggestions? What I ended up doing is just changing orientations without seeing a slow blinking green light and ending with a green light.. But the ending green light will still blink when moving so I'm thinking I'm still in calibration mode?

Thanks,

Cedar

I took a look at your logs and you definitely are not calibrated right. Can you make a short video of the issue and post it please? Also just to confirm you have watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k5DSthEG2E

whats the recomended way if your sbus?

I am not aware of a way to do this with SBUS. My recommendation would be to mark where it should be sort of like trimming for takeoff on a Cessna. You can have it trimmed a lot in either direction but you know that white bar needs to be lined up on takeoff and its something you always check.

coreyperez

I'm in the market to purchase a SuperX and wanted to know when the rumored update was going to be released. I'm flying a Naza now, but want to get a T15 and wouldn't trust it to a Naza-M V2. The Naza was great to learn with but I'm wanting something bigger now.

My current hold up is I can't spend the money on a SuperX and have them release a new version next month. I just need a good solid answer. Something before I end up just getting the DJI A2. I held off last year and ended up getting the Naza because no updates were being released on the new upgrades, etc from XAircraft.

Also, with the black box, is that something the end user can use and understand? Or do the files require a middle man (kind of annoying if so).

Thanks,

Corey

kloner

Aerial DP
i think it's just a software update there doing. it flies awesome

the black box has a map and realtime viewing the flight available. has a motor output mapping that shows what motor does what, helps diagnose motor missalignment. the black box will generate reports and it has all kinds of good stuff, mainly vibe levels, shows if your vibrations are trying to take the model with em or if your on the right track. it helps to get help reading the graphs till you got a target goal of what to look at for what problem your having. after that it's ignored and you just fly like any other controller. The atti is almost exactly like dji, very solid, but less aggressive like a2 is to wk... i never fly manual, but i bet it's pretty solid

coreyperez

I had done a lot of research between the Naza & SuperX as I was building up to purchasing and 100% decided I wanted the SuperX. My thought process was with the blackbox feature if something DID go wrong hopefully this would help diagnose it vs. throwing parts at the MR trying to figure out what happened. Unfortunately, with my urge to get pieces moving as quickly as possible (To APO: Korea) and not finding anything SOLID stating if I could use a Zenmuse gimbal (or other) with the XAircraft I opted for a single (obviously stated all-in-one) unit.

Since I’m in the market for a new build I would like to add GPS points but I need a solid answer as to if this is software or a new device. I’m not willing to purchase a couple more FC’s to get where I want to get, especially since the desired result is commercially available right now.

I just wish I/we could get an answer from XAircraft! It would be amazing to have a company that even stated if they were having development problems and it was going to be scrapped, etc.

I’m getting close to purchasing, hopefully they say something soon!

Corey

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Kloner....you mentioned that you were worried about your knob accidentally getting moved that was being used for the gain? Is there any reason you cant assign another proportional channel that you can disable the knob to? On the JR 9503 I can pretty easily and quickly adjust a value on any channel and then disable the entire switch/knob.

nicwilke

Kloner....you mentioned that you were worried about your knob accidentally getting moved that was being used for the gain? Is there any reason you cant assign another proportional channel that you can disable the knob to? On the JR 9503 I can pretty easily and quickly adjust a value on any channel and then disable the entire switch/knob.

How? I have that radio, would love to ask some questions about it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, i could be wrong, but this is how I would go about it given the info from XA. So if you were to assign say aux 3 or 4(one of the sliders) on the radio, you could adjust your gains as necessary but after its set, instead of having to physically unplug the cable from the IO you would simply go into the radio's settings and disable that slider. Perhaps this is different from what I wrote previously. Sorry about that. I read what i wrote and i see how this could be misleading. So no, I dont think you can have an internally adjustable channel ONLY and not have an associated slider linked to it. But you can easily disable the channel after the gain is set to prevent accidental tampering.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I had done a lot of research between the Naza & SuperX as I was building up to purchasing and 100% decided I wanted the SuperX. My thought process was with the blackbox feature if something DID go wrong hopefully this would help diagnose it vs. throwing parts at the MR trying to figure out what happened. Unfortunately, with my urge to get pieces moving as quickly as possible (To APO: Korea) and not finding anything SOLID stating if I could use a Zenmuse gimbal (or other) with the XAircraft I opted for a single (obviously stated all-in-one) unit.

Since I’m in the market for a new build I would like to add GPS points but I need a solid answer as to if this is software or a new device. I’m not willing to purchase a couple more FC’s to get where I want to get, especially since the desired result is commercially available right now.

I just wish I/we could get an answer from XAircraft! It would be amazing to have a company that even stated if they were having development problems and it was going to be scrapped, etc.

I’m getting close to purchasing, hopefully they say something soon!

Corey

At this time autonomous flight using way-points is not possible, I am told it will soon be released and involves the use of a smart phone app, which concerns me due to limited range, still I believe you can get the iPhone app from iTunes.

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Well, i could be wrong, but this is how I would go about it given the info from XA. So if you were to assign say aux 3 or 4(one of the sliders) on the radio, you could adjust your gains as necessary but after its set, instead of having to physically unplug the cable from the IO you would simply go into the radio's settings and disable that slider. Perhaps this is different from what I wrote previously. Sorry about that. I read what i wrote and i see how this could be misleading. So no, I dont think you can have an internally adjustable channel ONLY and not have an associated slider linked to it. But you can easily disable the channel after the gain is set to prevent accidental tampering.

How I do it using FrSky Taranis is as you describe, Ch 7 is the gains channel and received by the Taranis it is controlled by a pot that is only active on operation of a switch, so after gains have been set I can easily disengage the gains switch

David

kloner

Aerial DP
I have no idea, on all my others i use a digital trim switch and it is model memory matched so when i fly my disco and use that one knob to tilt down then fly my heavy lifter, i can keep from having problems. i like having access to the atti gain, when you lift alot of weight, the gain can vary if it's windy or not.... dunno why i programmed this different, guess the directions said to give it a knob so i did. haha, dumbas move

How I do it using FrSky Taranis is as you describe, Ch 7 is the gains channel and received by the Taranis it is controlled by a pot that is only active on operation of a switch, so after gains have been set I can easily disengage the gains switch

David

Yes, search for SuperX in the AppStore. The app looks cool......can't wait until they get the update out.

~T.J.

Electro 2

not finding anything SOLID stating if I could use a Zenmuse gimbal (or other)

It's my understanding that the Zenmuse only works with DJI FCs, period. Most third party gimbal systems are totally indpendent and don't use any data from the FC as they have their own IMUs.

coreyperez

Electro,

You are right, I found that out later and figured (initially) that just going straight DJI (initially) would simplify the entire process.

Currently I'm hoping (for an answer from XAircraft, been emailed and questioned here directly, both of which have not received a response (yeah, I'm calling them out!). But the SuperX and a 3-Axis CineStar with 3-Axis Radian. I now know that there are stand-alone systems and a little more (better) developed. I really like that the CineStar can be used with everything from a GoPro to a Red Epic, vs. the significant limitations of the ZenMuse options.

Corey