XAircraft SuperX

Daniel, This place is all about helping each other. Nobody is slamming anyone, so please don't take as such. If you ask opinions, then expect to get someone else's, good or bad.

That said, I only wish you the very best in fixing your issues and will certainly offer any help I can. I am pretty new to this arena, but and learning fast! :)

Best regards,

~T.J.

Dhardjono

Thanks tjdeer yes david it was meant for you i was thanking avi chuck. It's grateful you guy helping me but some time i feel like you guy think i just got my first copter and don't know what i am doing.

Just because i get into lots of crashes it because i fly almost every day i am self employed and work any time i want so i try to fly every day practice and have fun cold or warm days.

Ok sorry offended any one here so let forget it and that it thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hey David,

That is a good procedure and to some extent helps the lack of radio inputs in the setup software but you have to admit it's a bit tedious and you would need to remember the sequence of events you went through on your radio while on the bench to compare it to the black box to make sure they all went through.

Much easier procedure and like most other modern FC's is being able to see the radio commands in the setup software. Quick one stop setup :)

With that said, I do love my Super X. I can honestly say it's the best FC I've used.

Paul

Paul the issue was one of 'subjectivity' some may wish for something that doesn't exist except somewhere else, I work with what I have got! because I know the chances of change are slim in the immediate future so to get on with it is the best plan, don't you agree?

Now remembering the sequence is not an issue, the clock starts the moment the motors turn and that is recorded in the Black Box, a system I suppose is required but I go thrust and Yaw, then right stick up down left right all of which is shown and permanently recorded as a percentage and motor thrust in data and graphically.

I then do Manual/Attitude/Gps modes again all recorded data and graphically, I can see if the GPS has cut in I can see if the motors are pulling okay and how is the vibration? at this time I put the props back on and go for a short flight, then I can compare the thrust and Vibration with props and without props.

In a couple of weeks I may change a motor or the props, I an go back and reference a different time event to compare data.

My Taranis also gives real time indication of stick movement -100 0 100 and switches pressed, but I have mentioned that before as to the logging function

Now you may believe your way is better but that is a SUBJECTIVE opinion :tennis: I hope I have made my point clearer

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Thanks tjdeer yes david it was meant for you i was thanking avi chuck. It's grateful you guy helping me but some time i feel like you guy think i just got my first copter and don't know what i am doing.

Just because i get into lots of crashes it because i fly almost every day i am self employed and work any time i want so i try to fly every day practice and have fun cold or warm days.

Ok sorry offended any one here so let forget it and that it thanks again

Daniel, I'm retired and fly every day weather permitting for 3 batteries x 20 min a total of 1 hour flight time 7 days a week, my last crash was well over a month ago when I accidentally went into manual mode thinking it was Attitude mode, so crashes are not related to flight time, on that basis there would be a lot of commercial airliners falling out of the sky!

What I won't forget and you need to remember is that Xaircraft advise the X650 needs to be flown with 4S batteries not 3S, you could use 3S for bench work! now maybe it has something to do with amps, but if I buy a car and the manufacturer tell me to only put super petrol in it I'm not going to put in standard or diesel unless I want problems.

David

Dhardjono

Daniel, I'm retired and fly every day weather permitting for 3 batteries x 20 min a total of 1 hour flight time 7 days a week, my last crash was well over a month ago when I accidentally went into manual mode thinking it was Attitude mode, so crashes are not related to flight time, on that basis there would be a lot of commercial airliners falling out of the sky!

What I won't forget and you need to remember is that Xaircraft advise the X650 needs to be flown with 4S batteries not 3S, you could use 3S for bench work! now maybe it has something to do with amps, but if I buy a car and the manufacturer tell me to only put super petrol in it I'm not going to put in standard or diesel unless I want problems.

Ok David advise takenglade you have time to fly i bought some more 4s i did same thing first flight i put it on manual and crash. Here is RCMODELREVIEW GUY where first time where i heard about Trannis he is doing reviews on flight controller and i post to compare the Superx with DJI NAZA
I hope he review SUPERX against naza . There was a guy in facebook dji group i am a member his tarot iron man first time he took of with naza v2 it took of a run away lucky police or a neighbor found it and gave it back to him damage arms i post that why i change to superx no one respond they realy don't know any thing but dji.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
As a post script to this mention of feedback to the user!

I am Mature but still have all my senses and faculties, so before I even get to read the Black Box data this is what I get feedback on;

With props off motors armed and me increasing the throttle, whilst my eyes can't detect the RPM my hearing can certainly pick up on the increased sound of revolutions, as I move the right stick left right up down I can hear motors changing based on their increased/decreased need to manoeuvre the vehicle.

As I change the mode switch I can see the LED change in it's flashing speed through the various modes, as I activate the RTH switch I can see it change to red, now if I flew an aeroplane/glider I guess more things would be required but I don't I fly a quad and so far everything I need to know I can find out without having to go to another brand of FC

David

kloner

Aerial DP
Really impressed with your video Kloner could you tell me what your setup is please
Thank You

hexacrafter 1100
t-motor u7
16" props
6s 10 amp hour
60 amp maytec
droidworx retracts
droidworx quick release
a hacked up v1 hexacrafter gimbal with 5208 motors for the backboner

20140208194212-ba3bd4fc-la.jpg

20140208193912-bbbd1b32-la.jpg

20140121172317-ef7a65ce-la.jpg

So I think I figured out what happened.. Wish SX had the control inputs in the black box.. It was the data off my Castle ESC that let me to believe I had a radio mishap.. I hadn't setup the fail-safe on the Dragon UHF.. So when it lost signal I was zero throttle, Manual Mode, and the gains up all the way on the dial.. :-( Anyway I'm thinking I went into fail-safe as I had the antenna of the RX pointing sideways away from me and the TX antenna pointing at the helicopter... Then I had the TX in low power position.. So when it went into fail-safe it literally dropped.. Then reconnected and shot back up.. And just at the top went back into fail-safe to zero throttle in manual mode giving me the "dead duck" flip i saw into the snow.. Luckily no damage..

Anyway I also rebuilt the distribution and had several good flights today.. Seems a little twitchy in the wind so I might lower some gains for more testing..

Thanks for your input,

Cedar

Aerovideo

Paul the issue was one of 'subjectivity' some may wish for something that doesn't exist except somewhere else, I work with what I have got! because I know the chances of change are slim in the immediate future so to get on with it is the best plan, don't you agree?

Now remembering the sequence is not an issue, the clock starts the moment the motors turn and that is recorded in the Black Box, a system I suppose is required but I go thrust and Yaw, then right stick up down left right all of which is shown and permanently recorded as a percentage and motor thrust in data and graphically.

I then do Manual/Attitude/Gps modes again all recorded data and graphically, I can see if the GPS has cut in I can see if the motors are pulling okay and how is the vibration? at this time I put the props back on and go for a short flight, then I can compare the thrust and Vibration with props and without props.

In a couple of weeks I may change a motor or the props, I an go back and reference a different time event to compare data.

My Taranis also gives real time indication of stick movement -100 0 100 and switches pressed, but I have mentioned that before as to the logging function

Now you may believe your way is better but that is a SUBJECTIVE opinion :tennis: I hope I have made my point clearer

David

Like I said David you have a good procedure given the current tools available, and I would recommend others follow your lead. But unlike you, I'm not satisfied with the current setup software so I voice my concerns and suggestions how to make it better. I guess I just tend to speak out when something can be improved instead of just dealing with it. But you're correct it may never come true but at least I tried :)

It may not sound like much but your procedure is probably a 10 to 15 minute process where you need to either take notes or memorize each of your stick movements and when you did them so you can compare them to the black box once you load that up. Imagine a 30 second process of seeing the stick responses in the setup software in REAL-TIME. Better NO? Not subjective.

I hope my point is clear as well :)

Paul

Aerovideo

hexacrafter 1100
t-motor u7
16" props
6s 10 amp hour
60 amp maytec
droidworx retracts
droidworx quick release
a hacked up v1 hexacrafter gimbal with 5208 motors for the backboner

That looks like an amazing setup! Probably cost more than my house! hehe :)

Paul

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Like I said David you have a good procedure given the current tools available, and I would recommend others follow your lead. But unlike you, I'm not satisfied with the current setup software so I voice my concerns and suggestions how to make it better. I guess I just tend to speak out when something can be improved instead of just dealing with it. But you're correct it may never come true but at least I tried :)

It may not sound like much but your procedure is probably a 10 to 15 minute process where you need to either take notes or memorize each of your stick movements and when you did them so you can compare them to the black box once you load that up. Imagine a 30 second process of seeing the stick responses in the setup software in REAL-TIME. Better NO? Not subjective.

Paul

I don't time myself... but then I remembered I don't have to! it's all there in the log :tennis: the last time I did a system check was last week when I re-leveled the motors due to installing new props, my whole sequence of sticks and switches was 55 seconds!

Understand, I am military trained so procedure is second nature to me and using my senses of sight and sound I know what I want to look at in the log long before I get there, if two or more people have differing views on things then that is subjective to each one.

David

Av8Chuck

David, do you work for XAircraft?

No one, that I'm aware of, has suggested anything unreasonable and some of those people do professional AP and are looking for a solution they can trust to fly $8K+ worth of equipment. If the SuperX isn't capable that's fine, there will be other controllers coming on the market.

Considering that your "military trained" its a bit confusing why you seem to be so against the recommendation for realtime feedback from the FC, doing a thorough pre-flight is pretty much SOP in the military.

Two or more people with differing views does not make it subjective. My opinion that people will not make a sizable investment in the SuperX and fly anything much more expensive than a GoPro is subjective, the procedures that people are requesting for realtime feedback are objective.

One of the first things any pilot does before taking off in a plane or helicopter is to check that the control services are free and correct and all instruments are within operating range. What has been requested is simply the MR version of these procedures. If I were a betting man I would place a wager that this will be required by the FAA to certify any MR for commercial operation in the US.

Also, no one is complaining about the SuperX, they are simply requesting features that most think would improve it. If we could ever have a real dialog about what procedures people would like to see without being continually told its not necessary there's the black box, maybe the rest of us will become as enlightened as you and discover it isn't necessary. But has it occurred to you that when this many people who have been flying MR's for quite a while make the same request, that maybe you could use some enlightenment.

Don't worry, I don't think your in danger of losing your job as the gate keeper of the SuperX thread.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
David, do you work for XAircraft?

No one, that I'm aware of, has suggested anything unreasonable and some of those people do professional AP and are looking for a solution they can trust to fly $8K+ worth of equipment. If the SuperX isn't capable that's fine, there will be other controllers coming on the market.

Considering that your "military trained" its a bit confusing why you seem to be so against the recommendation for realtime feedback from the FC, doing a thorough pre-flight is pretty much SOP in the military.

Two or more people with differing views does not make it subjective. My opinion that people will not make a sizable investment in the SuperX and fly anything much more expensive than a GoPro is subjective, the procedures that people are requesting for realtime feedback are objective.

One of the first things any pilot does before taking off in a plane or helicopter is to check that the control services are free and correct and all instruments are within operating range. What has been requested is simply the MR version of these procedures. If I were a betting man I would place a wager that this will be required by the FAA to certify any MR for commercial operation in the US.

Also, no one is complaining about the SuperX, they are simply requesting features that most think would improve it. If we could ever have a real dialog about what procedures people would like to see without being continually told its not necessary there's the black box, maybe the rest of us will become as enlightened as you and discover it isn't necessary. But has it occurred to you that when this many people who have been flying MR's for quite a while make the same request, that maybe you could use some enlightenment.

Don't worry, I don't think your in danger of losing your job as the gate keeper of the SuperX thread.

And don't get personal! I do not work for Xaircraft or anybody for that matter, I was not defending SX if you read my posts you will see I was pointing out what is currently possible with the FC in terms of user feedback, how you want it done is SUBJECTIVE to your ideals, the fact they are not possible seems to have little impact on you.

Recommendations to me for real-time feedback is of little value as I have said before you can spend your time wishing or doing! If you want to take this to a personal level then do it in a PM where I will be happy to tell you how I perceve your performance or lack thereof.

As this is now way OT it is my final comment.

David

Av8Chuck

You hide behind And don't get personal! Yet you make all your posts personal talking to people like their children using caps and underlining words, are you new to computers or something?

I couldn't care less what you think about my performance.

I can only hope its your final comment!

kloner

Aerial DP

Paul

not showing the inputs real time is one of the strangest things about this controller. I guess if you haven't tried them all you wouldn't understand but yes, they all have a window to make sure sticks move right, modes are entering correctly, atti gain level, etc..... what if you don't have a radio that comes out not covered in the manual, there suppose to figure it out on the forums? Tyranis for instance, did i see a reverse setting for that?

Question.. When I change the gains via. the G channel on my radio's dial, I never see a change in value of the gains in the GUI after landing? I know its changing something because I see it in the flight characteristics but what?? And if it is changing do I have to leave the dial in that location? Or does it neutralize after a power cycle?

Thanks,

Cedar

yeehaanow

Cedar, I'm pretty sure I remember reading in the manual that if you unplug that channel from the SX, it will stay at the last setting you had. I dont' know about the settings showing up in the assistant though.

kloner

Aerial DP
you see it in the logs as gain...... it is the atti gain.... i was told to change it to taste then don't change it..... but i left it on a dial and it gets touched baging and un bagging the tx so it sucks, need mine on a model specific digital trim, and there there, i just live with it..... if that is low it's loose, if it is high it'll oscilate

ghaynes

Cedar it's in the manual on page 18 The gain value from the RS is saved after landing. Thus if you disconnect the Gain input, SuperX will continue to use the last RC Gain to control the copter.