XAircraft SuperX

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
In Nic I trust. Hey drew, you should extend my offered discount to this guy, he was one of the first to jump on board and promote XA and knows his stuff. Definitely one of the handful of people on here I don't feel is biased and would only post the real truths. I'm a bad person to demo these things because I am just too busy ,and lazy, to do a build/review in a timely manner. I think what you guys have going is good. you are slowly breaking the old reputation and nothing does this better than word of mouth and having a sold product. inevitably the product speaks for itself. And the fact that you actually continue to participate on this forum is worth a lot. Jeff wright, as nice a guy he was, just didnt have enough in him to deal with the stresses of customer support and he also had to deal with a product that was sub par. Let's hope you can give DJI a run for their money as I really hate the way they do business. If I was making billions on people by selling them electronics that crashed I would at least be active on the forums and try to help out directly. they simply dont care.

Is there a list of compatible/ non compatible ESC's. Any known hardware conflicts or component placement advise? Are they susceptible to sunlight or small vibrations like DJI? At this point in the game, showing videos of heli's hovering does very little. All tuned helis look good in a 3rd person hover. Either show raw footage or show the RTH more than that one video on the XA site. Let's see some windy day raw footage.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Return to home is definitely not too slow. In fact the rate of descend fools you. It comes down quick and then slows down before landing. Faster and more accurate than the DJI stuff.

Maybe we have different systems! mine on RTH climbs or drops to the height I have set 10 meters then travels at that height to where it set its home point on take off then descends from the height it travelled to land.

Yes it slows to a landing.... but I find the travel not very fast, fortunately I have a battery warning device that allows about 2 minutes before vehicle low power state, but if it comes to low power state 10m up these craft land very quick normally breaking something, the whole thing revolves around the user having some control over his/her destiny, no right or wrong here.

David

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I was just going off of Drew's own comment about how the RTH is "scary" fast. As long as it ends up around home and doesnt crash or randomly fly back to China, I am happy.

I use RTH almost every time I fly, great when you loose orientation or even sight of the vehicle, using RTH until it's back in a good distance you can then turn it off and resume control in one of the other 3 modes.

David

Electro 2

Any known hardware conflicts or component placement advice?
Are they susceptible to sunlight or small vibrations like DJI?
Let's see some windy day raw footage.

No hardware issues that I, a user (X2), am aware of. No sunlight issues, the cases on all components are CNC machined aluminum, totally opaque. Look for Phillipe Neidhart's stuff on YouTube, he'll show you a SuperX on a windy day. There are others too. Cruise YT for "SuperX".

The return to home is insanely accurate. I've tried it a few times and it seriously landed in the same marks it took off from. Keep in mind, SuperX does not have a low battery fail safe. It will drop from the sky where ever it is at if the battery runs too low. It would be great to have the option to have it start fail safe at a set voltage.

I still need to make the upgrade to try this on my octa. This will be the true test to make me remove my HFP.

Kari

Has anyone tested SuperX yet with heavier (12kg-) AUW how does it perform in heavier weather conditions (over 10m/s)? Really tempted to try out this controller..

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Has anyone tested SuperX yet with heavier (12kg-) AUW how does it perform in heavier weather conditions (over 10m/s)? Really tempted to try out this controller..

I’ve flown my one hex at 26lbs (11.5kg-ish) and it was awesome. VERY smooth.. The weird part was, I did not have to chang ethe gains fro the unloaded hex. From what I have found is if you do not change the CG at all, the weight doesn’t matter to the FC, it responds very well.

Kari

I’ve flown my one hex at 26lbs (11.5kg-ish) and it was awesome. VERY smooth.. The weird part was, I did not have to chang ethe gains fro the unloaded hex. From what I have found is if you do not change the CG at all, the weight doesn’t matter to the FC, it responds very well.

Thanks, that's good to hear. Have you tested it in heavy conditions yet? I guess it's time to bite the bullet and test it out. I've settled to wkm with V2 IMU and it's been really reliable with 5.16, but still same shortcomings in heavy conditions with heavy machines like in early days of wkm, i think that's something what will always be there with DJI controllers.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Thanks, that's good to hear. Have you tested it in heavy conditions yet? I guess it's time to bite the bullet and test it out. I've settled to wkm with V2 IMU and it's been really reliable with 5.16, but still same shortcomings in heavy conditions with heavy machines like in early days of wkm, i think that's something what will always be there with DJI controllers.

SuperX handles the wind very nicely.
The video os “OK” i was still tuning the gimbal but this is a 1000mm Hex that is around 20 lbs and the wind was gusting to 30mph! at like 2:50 in the video look at the trees...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

Just jumped on board the Super X bandwagon, hopefully it works out as it has some tough FC shoes to fill as far as manual flight goes. We shall see!

nicwilke

Un-fkn-believable performance tonight. So smooth in manual ATT as there was zero wind. I threw on some Xoar 12x5's I had from my XM6 and it seemed to make my quad 50% quieter. Control felt so attached and connected, as if it was hard wired to my transmitter. Not so much as twitch.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385895780656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385895780656.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 329

nicwilke

Here's some footage I shot tonight as a test of smoothness. Some is GPS ATT, and some is Manual ATT (no gps). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgaJdtGo8go

The SuperX seems to cope quite well in holding altitude. Note this clip is not slowed down, and you can see the horse running at full speed mid way in the video. No stabilisation was added either.

nicwilke

Yes, T2D on 3rd axis. 3rd axis is alexmos, the tilt and roll are the ZYX board from tarot.

nemorov

Hi SleepyC,
What settings are you running on your SuperX on your 1000m Hex. I'm running an 850mm Hex with Tiger 3515 motors, and SimonK flashed 40a ESc's and whilst it flies well with the SuperX I'm certainly not getting the super smooth performance reported by others.
Thanks.

DH106

nemorov - I've recently made my SuperX quad much smoother by reducing the gains - I have then all set to 0.8 now and it's rock solid. Some camera vibration that I had assumed to be prop/motor imbalance has now completely disappeared - so setting the gains too high definitely has an effect.

For larger and powerful rigs, I recommend .9 on the yaw and throttle and 1.2 on the roll and tilt. It is a good starting point and with the gain knob will usually get you pretty close.

jfro

Aerial Fun
For larger and powerful rigs, I recommend .9 on the yaw and throttle and 1.2 on the roll and tilt. It is a good starting point and with the gain knob will usually get you pretty close.

XAircraft America... I'm looking for silky smooth video. I've an x8 with XAircraft that I don't have dialed in all the way. Guys are reporting great results on Quads and Hex's.

Since I'm in snow country and flying is limited this time of year, do you think I'd best wait a few months for firmware upgrade that may or may not help out the X8 config or should I bite the bullet and convert to a Hex with bigger motors. My 2 axis gimbal and camera is 4 lbs for most flying, but I do go 5 lbs with my photo camera on occasion. With my HFP, I did like the way the x8 flew.