XAircraft SuperX

XAircraft America... I'm looking for silky smooth video. I've an x8 with XAircraft that I don't have dialed in all the way. Guys are reporting great results on Quads and Hex's.

Since I'm in snow country and flying is limited this time of year, do you think I'd best wait a few months for firmware upgrade that may or may not help out the X8 config or should I bite the bullet and convert to a Hex with bigger motors. My 2 axis gimbal and camera is 4 lbs for most flying, but I do go 5 lbs with my photo camera on occasion. With my HFP, I did like the way the x8 flew.

The X8 works great with the SuperX with the current firmware. The XY8 with wider front arms is what is not working well right now. If you have a straight up X8 you will have no problems.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Anyone using the the gimbal control direct from the super x board?

Yes I am using a 2 Axis Gimble (Xaircraft) controlled from Superx and via a frsky Taranis radio, you can only control tilt but works as it should, you need a UBEC powered into the Super X and the gimbal conected to M7 and M8.

David

jfro

Aerial Fun
The X8 works great with the SuperX with the current firmware. The XY8 with wider front arms is what is not working well right now. If you have a straight up X8 you will have no problems.

Then I guess I have some work / tuning to do... Will report back when I get it put back together, becuase so far, I'm not as smooth as my old HFP. I'm more controlled flying, but I am looking at what my lens is giving me.

Av8Chuck

Any chance the superX I ordered this weekend will have the new firmware? :D

Your a glutton for punishment. I was just about to order when they announced the upgrade, I'd still order it if it came with the OLD firmware. I'm tired of beta testing FC's..

Zirt57

Your a glutton for punishment. I was just about to order when they announced the upgrade, I'd still order it if it came with the OLD firmware. I'm tired of beta testing FC's..

Actually, I (and quite a few other test pilots) have been beta testing 1.0.8 for the past 2 months. If you install 1.0.8, you will be using released and tested firmware.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Zirt57

Any chance the superX I ordered this weekend will have the new firmware? :D

Probably not. Your unit would have left the factory in a sealed package with 1.0.7. 1.0.8 won't get through the supply chain for a while. You could of course ask Drew to open your package and do the upgrade for you before he ships (this is assuming you bought from Drew).

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Hopefully the super x will end up being a well respected controller, Xaircraft had an absolute nightmare 18 months ago with its previous effort, would be nice to see them have some success having learned from the previous outing.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I'm sure it will be. i was just joking with my last comment. But I do like to let other's time test new products as sometimes things will work fine and then things start to randomly blow up. Either that or they start playing DJI's guess my daily firmware game.

Zirt57

I heard that Jeffrey Wright wrote the new firmware on his commodore 64 and the conversion could take up to 3 years. :)

Don't know who Jeff Wright is but you are walking a fine line.

Just curious, but do you even own a SuperX?

Jeff S.

Posted using Tapatalk

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
First off, you may be taking this too seriously. Jeff Wright was the previous owner of XaircraftUSA. It was a joke, hence the smily and the previous post. No, I dont own a SuperX, I just had the older FC1212 and things didnt end up well. I'm not trying to bash them, I think they are doing well. I was making a point that just because something works well at first doesnt mean it has endured the test of time. I'm walking a fine line? seriously?

Av8Chuck

Com'on Jeff, your kidding right?

We can all extend the fun we have with MR's beyond flying them and have some fun on the forum. Not everyone's sense of humor is the same but it would be great if everyone tried to have one.

If you read some of the manuals, there not exactly English and there not exactly Chinese, what would you like to call them?

In California there's Spanglish and before that there was pig latin...

antcay eway llaay ustjay etgay longaay?

We are shipping the SuperX with the new 1.08 for customers who request it at no extra charge. For those of you who already own a SuperX, here are detailed instructions for the upgrade:

http://xaircraftamerica.com/blogs/news/10573017-firmware-1-08-and-software-1-0-8-2-released

The new firmware is flying great and is a noticeable improvement. The new RTH without needing the compass is a really cool feature and definitely should add to everyone's peace of mind.

Aerovideo

Probably not. Your unit would have left the factory in a sealed package with 1.0.7. 1.0.8 won't get through the supply chain for a while. You could of course ask Drew to open your package and do the upgrade for you before he ships (this is assuming you bought from Drew).

Jeff

I did get it from Drew and I did get a chance to ask him to upgrade it before it shipped, woohoo!

teryn1

Hello, I have been flying 1.07 successfully for many months now. I have upgraded from v1.07 to v1.08 (professional). Once 1.08 is finished upgrading, I can not get my ESCs to arm; they just act like they are waiting for throttle signal which they are not getting. The mode functions work (I get green lights in all modes) but all 6 ESCs just sit there and beeps; However, I can not enter calibration mode. I tried trims, ATVs and other transmitters. I can reaload v1.07 firwmare and everything works fine again….any ideas? BTW, I am using Hobbywing Platinum Pro Opto 30-amp ESCs

Here is a video I did running v1.07:

https://vimeo.com/78437768

Thanks,
Teryn

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hello, I have been flying 1.07 successfully for many months now. I have upgraded from v1.07 to v1.08 (professional). Once 1.08 is finished upgrading, I can not get my ESCs to arm; they just act like they are waiting for throttle signal which they are not getting. The mode functions work (I get green lights in all modes) but all 6 ESCs just sit there and beeps; However, I can not enter calibration mode. I tried trims, ATVs and other transmitters. I can reaload v1.07 firwmare and everything works fine again….any ideas? BTW, I am using Hobbywing Platinum Pro Opto 30-amp ESCs

Here is a video I did running v1.07:

https://vimeo.com/78437768

Thanks,
Teryn

A couple of users on RCGroups reported similar issues and I don't think there was a resolution, best to contact your local Xaircraft distributor or Xaircraft support direct

David