XAircraft SuperX

mediaguru

Don't know personally - but there have been some serious complaints over on ******** thread about the Xaircraft America customer service (or lack thereof).

Wow that's a real bummer. I'm happy to have mine and my service was great by Drew months ago. BUT a recent email went unanswered. I'm thrilled with my SuperX. Fly it nearly every day on my large hex and very happy with it.

Mike SF

Banned
Same here. I sent an email and PM to them last week. No answer. I will continue flying the SuperX for a while. No reason to switch now. But it would be a shame. Someone should buy their technology and turn it into a customer oriented company.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
There are other dealers in the USA selling Xaircraft! it must be remembered that Xaircraft America was only a dealer/retailer he purchased goods from Xaircraft in China and others.

If Drew has ceased to run his business for whatever reason it will have NO impact on Xaircraft's products and another dealer will no doubt become the dominant dealer in the US.

X

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
There are other dealers in the USA selling Xaircraft! it must be remembered that Xaircraft America was only a dealer/retailer he purchased goods from Xaircraft in China and others.

If Drew has ceased to run his business for whatever reason it will have NO impact on Xaircraft's products and another dealer will no doubt become the dominant dealer in the US.

X

thats true david, I bought my superx from another retailer with no issues.

At this point I'm more curious to know if xaircraft itself is slowly slipping away. It's been a while without info, new products, or updates of any kind. The superx was the first product I purchased from them, but I recall while doing my research, older customers' reluctance to buy xaircraft again because of behavior similar to what we are seeing now.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Not slipping away at all but patience needs to be exercised a lot of testing is being done before market. The previous Xaircraft was guilty of knee jerk reactions to market conditions thus their downfall.

At present we have the best FC in the market place, things like way-points and smart phone compatibility may be made illegal in the largest of markets soon, so whilst the law makers are still deliberating investment in new equipment is very risky, how would you like to be a manufacturer of FPV goggles right now?

Be content with what we have it's not flying away :tennis:

X

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Not slipping away at all but patience needs to be exercised a lot of testing is being done before market. The previous Xaircraft was guilty of knee jerk reactions to market conditions thus their downfall.

At present we have the best FC in the market place, things like way-points and smart phone compatibility may be made illegal in the largest of markets soon, so whilst the law makers are still deliberating investment in new equipment is very risky, how would you like to be a manufacturer of FPV goggles right now?

Be content with what we have it's not flying away :tennis:

X

While I agree it's a stressful time to be a manufacturer of this type of equipment, I also feel that the radio silence has been going on for long enough, leaving some customers uncomfortable. For some, this lack of information makes it a stressful time to be an Xaircraft customer... :dejection:

I am personally not impatient, as I am not clamoring for any particular update/upgrade, or any new product from the company other than perhaps some form of wireless tuning capabilities. And I have obviously been dealing with the non-wireless tuning for long enough now to wait longer (I'm not even sure this is something they might be working on). But therein lies my point. No news is not always good news. Sometimes it only takes a short quip of info to calm the waters around here, and Xaircraft don't seem to be providing that.

And I think this is where it ties into the Drew issue - who was one of the few people active on the forums answering questions and providing updates as to where Xaircraft might be headed.

I consider myself fairly content with my purchase, but I assumed it wouldn't fly away, since that's implied in the product description. I don't think hoping Xaircraft would fly better AND provide better communication/support than DJI is asking too much :)

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
The best I can suggest is international@xaircraft.com

It should be noted that maybe the English speaking representatives of Xaircraft have been advised not to discuss forward plans especially on forums!

The Chinese developers and manufactures for the most part do not speak English and Chinese security and censorship prevents them from visiting forums even if they wanted too, which they don't, it may surprise you to know they can't even view YouTube! so try to put yourself in their shoes, and try to rate what is important in the scheme of things, the members of this an other forums is a very small contingent of the total SuperX's out in the public arena.

X

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
It should be noted that maybe the English speaking representatives of Xaircraft have been advised not to discuss forward plans especially on forums!

Maybe, but how would we know? :)

I know that you have been very accepting of the hands off, non-communicative policy of Xaircraft. For some consumers, that style just doesn't work - despite what the realities might be regarding China's government policies on internet access/interaction. I have personally watched videos that Xaircraft have made (not the ones Drew as posted), so I know that at some point they were allowed to conduct their business, including utilizing the web.

Again, I am not one of the crew clamoring for anything in particular - but that said, I personally like a sign now and again, to assure me that the company is still making progress, regardless of how fast or slow that progress may be. That is admittedly my own personal preference as a consumer. I do not claim that it is "right," or that it should dictate Xaircraft company policy.

In the past, I have utilized the email you provided above - and have at times received a response, and each time have had the email thread drift off to silence (prior to any resolution). So I have resigned to the fact that my experience with the SuperX is only going to be improved by research and the help of others here on the forums, much like most products in this industry.

While I will keep in mind what you point out, and try to wrap my head around what could possibly be more important than communication with a customer base after a sale, I still feel that just because much of this industry has developed a culture of 'interaction ends at the sale' mentality, doesn't mean that it's the correct way to conduct business. I don't know whether I can accept that "because the rest do it, it's ok for ALL of them to do it."

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
XIN LOI as we use to say, can't offer any more as the tarot cards and crystal ball have gone, you, will like myself, and all the others just have to accept that you are marching to somebody else's tune

X

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
XIN LOI as we use to say, can't offer any more as the tarot cards and crystal ball have gone, you, will like myself, and all the others just have to accept that you are marching to somebody else's tune

X

Right you are, you'll get no argument from me there. And that tune is sounding more and more like a broken music box... :)

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
The lack of communication from any company really signals that they do not care much for the customer. I was always taught that the cheapest way of getting business is referrals and repeat business.

Mike SF

Banned
It seems are we are all pretty much aligned here. The SuperX is a very good product right now and doesn't not need any big improvements. But we all want to see an active company that helps it's customers and improves the product over time with features that really help and are not just marketing stunts. I know that running a small business is difficult, especially across multiple continents. You never have enough resources and competing priorities. Also most small technology companies are engineering driven and don't understand the importance of customer service. Today, a user replied to my Facebook post: As far as I can tell, they just have ZERO concept of how customer relations and customer service works.

The good news is that Anthony just answered my email from last week, so they are up and running. I will try to follow up with him and give him a few ideas on why and how to improve customer service. Maybe a concept like DJI with local, 'volunteer' support people.

mediaguru

Last night when coming down for a landing my indicator LED turned to solid yellow at about 10 feet above the ground for a second or two.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Last night when coming down for a landing my indicator LED turned to solid yellow at about 10 feet above the ground for a second or two.

Ive actually had that happen after I land. There is mention of this on the other forum today - hoping that someone from xaircraft will weigh in, because the manual is confusing (at best!) on this indicator.

mediaguru

Ive actually had that happen after I land. There is mention of this on the other forum today - hoping that someone from xaircraft will weigh in, because the manual is confusing (at best!) on this indicator.

From what I've found out via google and the poorly translated chinese in the manual is there's some magnetic interference messing with the GPS/compass. I may try to land in the same spot tonight and see if it happens again.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
From what I've found out via google and the poorly translated chinese in the manual is there's some magnetic interference messing with the GPS/compass. I may try to land in the same spot tonight and see if it happens again.

Someone in the other forum shot that theory down - but again, unless someone from XAircraft says so directly, it's really just conjecture...

Let us know how the test goes. I have landed in almost the same spot, sometimes it did it, sometimes not. This is at a field far from anything really (rural Vermont), so I am not sure if outside forces would have caused it for me. Also, my GPS antenna is up away from other electrical sources and has a copper sheet in the bottom of the puck stand.

Another chink in the armor?

mediaguru

Someone in the other forum shot that theory down - but again, unless someone from XAircraft says so directly, it's really just conjecture...

Let us know how the test goes. I have landed in almost the same spot, sometimes it did it, sometimes not. This is at a field far from anything really (rural Vermont), so I am not sure if outside forces would have caused it for me. Also, my GPS antenna is up away from other electrical sources and has a copper sheet in the bottom of the puck stand.

Another chink in the armor?

You are a pessimist for sure, which isn't necessarily bad. Did notice that landing was squirly after that, but there was wind too. My GPS is not that high. It is only a little bit higher than the top of the batteries.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You are a pessimist for sure, which isn't necessarily bad. Did notice that landing was squirly after that, but there was wind too. My GPS is not that high. It is only a little bit higher than the top of the batteries.

I'm honestly only a pessimist when most people say "there is absolutely no problems whatsoever" when I am staring at the problem right in front of me :)

Mike SF

Banned

I had the same problem and this is what Anthony from XAircraft in Australia responded. It basically means the compass is not used to support the GPS operation. I had made a few changes to my copters without doing the compass calibration. After doing the calibration, I did not see the yellow light anymore.

The manual for SuperX was written when originally released and has not been updated for different firmware releases. You are 100% correct in the yellow light indicating loss of compass. Theoretically the SuperX does not, and can not, change flight modes with out transmitter input from the operator. Normally when a compass looses orientation from interference the GPS is redundant, leaving the aircraft in Attitude Mode. The internal barometer works independently, allowing vertical lock. The horizontal lock now missing, the aircraft should drift from it's commanded position.

Firmware 1.08 was written by the geeks in the lab (their "team name" is Geek Squad) to allow GPS position hold to occur without the compass. I believe it is only possible if the FC has at some point in the flight had satellite connection and GPS mode was operational. The co-ordinates are stored by the FC for the initial "home" position (where it first has connection when in GPS mode). The compass controls the heading only, with the GPS working in tandem for the actual position. If you are flying and loose the compass but need to instigate return home, the frame will "toilet bowl" to confirm the actual coordinates and return to the original "home" position.

Often when I am out flying I will have the yellow light when I power up. As you probably know you can't arm the motors in these conditions. I'll flick to Attitude mode to get flying quicker and switch to GPS at about 60 feet (20 meters downunder!). From this altitude I usually get satellite lock instantly.

When people say it changes to Attitude mode what they really mean is the aircraft "behaves" like it's in Attitude. The FC remains in GPS mode, though it may yaw drift a little and it's horizontal accuracy decreases.