SKYJIB 8 & DJI setup advice!

roypwee

Hi CineRebel,

Can I ask how is your SkyJib + WKM Setup coming along? Any good improvement or feedback? As I am considering DJI WKM with the MK FC.

Cheers

Roy

CineRebel

Dear Roy,

Sorry for the late reply, I am still in process of build. have not been able to fly it yet ... I hope within 2 weeks to have my first flight.

So Far i have:

SKYJIB 8
Plettenberg 15-20 motors
Hobbywing FlyFun (Fentium) 60A Opto ESC
WKM FC with waypoint
I am still wondering which lipos to go for

CineRebel

Also a good choice. If you have a chance get some with the Atmel Atmega chip on it. They you have the chance to flash the ESCs with a multirotor specific firmware which could eventually increase the overall performance !

Boris

Hi Boris,

Do you know how I can upgrade my ESC firmware to set it up for multirotor!?

Thanx

Cinerebel usually the Hobbywing FlyFun are silab chip so there is no firmware yet for them.
If you search vimeo for Skyjib you will find Jules videos. He gets the most stable footage I have seen and he uses similar esc's as you.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
by the way the lipo is coming along good, just charged them from 3.8* volt and got in 4000 mAh, just discharging them and montoring again, than i will put them to the practical test, logging data again

View attachment 3270

Attachments

• 11test.jpg
    11test.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 310

bihter

Hi Boris

I am also on building an octo for AE/AV. Just have my DJI, 30 A plush ESC's, NTM 3536 910 Kv, propeller ? , I already have gimbal and gonna use them with Futaba 9cap.

Already have an xaircraft v8 but bought these stuff for a level up.

I wanna ask you about the frame.
I read in some forums that DJI has some issues on octo, with 8 motors. So I m little confused. I might change it to hexa or like some of the guys did, build an octo but using Y connectors, fooling DJI as it was a quad with 4 motors.

If you have any idea, I will be appreciated.

Murat

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Murat,

no don't worry about Octo with DJI, i don't think there is a general problem or not that I know of. There is the chance that F1 and F2 are a little different than the other ESC ports, but this I don't think it will effect you with the DJI ESCs. There might only be an issue with ESCs that have nofilter implemented at all and react to any given info coming from the ESC ports.

So I wouldn't worry !

Boris

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Have any of you actually checked what amps you are pulling in a hover fully loaded.. Do you really think you will be pulling 80amps per motor at any time? Or are you talking TOTAL amps here?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp I think they are worried about total amps, full blast rescue maneuver etc.

sorry total amps as in burst per motor

were did someone mention 80A and which motors :)

bihter

Have any of you actually checked what amps you are pulling in a hover fully loaded.. Do you really think you will be pulling 80amps per motor at any time? Or are you talking TOTAL amps here?

80 amp per motor ?
That would be quite something...
max 30 amp per motor at full throttle of course, (I dont think any of us would use full throttle all the time) and it's just about bursting the motors,
then with rough calculation, you have apprx. 3 min flight time with 4s 10000

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
90 amps in hover with 10lbs on Skyjib 8 with the big 4120 Axi motors. That is 90 amps total not per motor. However we have to upgrade our Power Dist. board. :)
This is on 13" props with 6s 10,000mah.

I'll get some pics video end of next week when we redo the power board.

bihter

Last flights with x650 before I finish my DJI and I decided with hexa until I build my own octo frame :)

Vortex

90 amps in hover with 10lbs on Skyjib 8 with the big 4120 Axi motors. That is 90 amps total not per motor. However we have to upgrade our Power Dist. board. :)
This is on 13" props with 6s 10,000mah.

I'll get some pics video end of next week when we redo the power board.

What power board are you using now and what are you going to change to??

Thanks,

Lance