SKYJIB 8 & DJI setup advice!

CineRebel

Hi Roy, I had a few good flights...

I have my basic gain around 100 and atti gains down to 40%... It is still very reactive to the stick movement of my MX-20,,, maybe someone can tell me how to deal with that!?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Cine, setup some Expo and dual rate on your MX 20. I have 75 on dual rate and 40 % on 4 expo. Giving me a curve like this:

View attachment 3616

Best is to program is onto switches that for take off and lading i can deactivate expo and dual rate for faster reaction again.

Boris

Attachments

• expo.jpg
    expo.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 253

CineRebel

Thanx Boriss,

I am gonna try that in the coming weeks... how about my ESC's? should i just live them with factory settings???

By the way I was just curious, where are you from do live in Europe?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am from Austria Vienna, small country middle europe and Vienna the capital.

ESCs concerning timing you are probably fine off with low. You can try mid timing, but than dont go for a flow flight take the bird up in the air take it down after 1 minute check the motor temp and the ESC temp with you finger. If the temps stay low and you have in generall better feeling with the flight behavior on the higher timing settings you can keep it that way.

I wouldnt leave them in factory settings. Not suer now which ESCs you have, but if you have the settings take battery type to NiCad not Lipo and try to deactivated Battery/LIPO protection. Its preferable to have your lipo go bad and bring you bird back on the last juice the lipo has in it, instead of the ESC taking controll and cutting of the throttle.

If you are not sure state all the options the ESCs offer and i can guide you through.

Boris

CineRebel

Great I live in Amsterdam, so if you ever come here give me call,

I am using the Hobbywing Flyfun 60A opto, i thought the opto means no battery protection??

here is a link to the usermanual

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles/sx/file/Manual/HW-01-V4.pdf

so far i have been using it the following hardware

SKYJIB 8 with WK-M
Pletty 15-20
APC 14x4,7
MX-20 TX
4s 5000 mAh lipo's for test flights

I think i will go with the 5s high amp batteries for AP work and still wondering what would be the best prop to go for i am think about the 14x4
XOAR PJP-M-E Precision Pair "The Sword
or do you think i should go for 13x4 or maybe a 3 bladed xoar ??

Last edited by a moderator:

roypwee

Hi CineRebel,

That's great.

Will that setting a go when my AXI 4120 motors arrive.

Always thought that the gains should go higher coz of the overall weight.

Boris, using expo is a great idea.

Any SkyJib owners with DJI willing to share their gains setup?

Hi Roy, I had a few good flights...

I have my basic gain around 100 and atti gains down to 40%... It is still very reactive to the stick movement of my MX-20,,, maybe someone can tell me how to deal with that!?

roypwee

Boris,

I am using MayTech 50AMP (OPTO)

What settings should I set on the ESC? Using on AXI 4120/20 and APC 14x4.7 props.

CineRebel

Hi Boriss ...

I am about to place an order for the XOAR Precision pair prop "The Sword" 14x5 from aerodron.ch ..or, should i go for a higher pitch 14x6 ?? or maybe a 3blade prop ?? I just ordered the MAXAMPS 5S 11000 mAh batteries... just trying to decrease my weight as much as possible and increase my flight time and stability! I was hoping you might have some ideas on this...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
CineRebel, I think the best man to ask for a prop advice for the plettis is Piano Dirk. But at the same time i dont think he is so much into WKM and he might not consider the differences. I lately got the 13 x 6 or 6.5 CF props 14 grams from aerobot and i didnt expect too much since the higher pitch reduces the RPM which up to now i considered a no no for the WKM. I have tested them now on my CX and it was amazingly stable in the air. Didnt get to testing them yet on the CS8.

I know that the Kopterworx team just did a test flight with their CS 8 and WKM KW4 motors and I was more than impressed by the performance and i know they had 13 x 6.5 xoars on. To bad jules_B is not arround any more I think his Skyjib WKM setup was very good.

I couldnt give you a really good advice. Feeling wise i would still say not to go to high on the pitch, but i cant give you an argument on it :( sorry

Boris

CineRebel

Hi Boriss ,, Thanx for your reply ..

I also can remember somebody saying and having a higher pitch prop will make WKM wobbly in the wing,, I guess 14x5 prop is just not too high and not too low ?? by the way i wanted to know if you have skype, ?? I just started a new company for aerial filming and i am looking to have some good pilots on my list ...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
CineRebel, i feel honored, but time wise I use the spare time i have or lets say it like that the in-between time during usual work ( Real-estate developer ) to comment here on the forum to test and fly and film hobby wise a little. It would never work out for me to take on some jobs otherwise i would have to say goodbye to my social life completely :)

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
the 5s 11000 mAh just have the best mAh to weight ratio with 1020g, compared to a 8000 5s nano tech for example with 924g.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hmm you can go for the V1 Maytech 40A think also 45A and 50A and opto version which is better anyways. The other thing you can do if you have time is wait for the DJI 40A ESCs that will come out or do to my understanding since they are selling them with the s800 have to be available sooner or later. Not sure how far castle creations is on getting their multirotor FW working better and if there already is any Aerodrive WKM workaround already and the Higher current Herk also gonna take some more time. So you are left if you want to order now with standard Maytech V1 or Turnigy Plush. The other thing you could consider is getting one of these counter ESCs and getting them flashd with Simonk Firmware. You could talk to Kari, think he just posted a video in the show what you filmed thread and there he has flashed MAytech V1 in usage.

Boris

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
I agree that higher RPM seems to work better with DJI WKM. I "think" it all has to do with the ability to make changes quickly. Big props take longer to speed up or slow down.

That's my 2 cents.

Michael64

I agree that higher RPM seems to work better with DJI WKM. I "think" it all has to do with the ability to make changes quickly. Big props take longer to speed up or slow down.

That's my 2 cents.

If this is true than why is the 800 coming with low KV motors and large props. Is DJI running different firmware than everybody else is.

Michael64

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
well FW change is possible. A different approach to autoleveling or hopefully a flight mode without the baro sensor. At the same time Voltage brings the RPM up again to a certain extend S800 flying with 6s. But its all speculation I can only talk about my setups at the moment and those ware more stable with higher rpms especially when descending.

Boris