kloner

Aerial DP
Thanks

cinestar 8 450 arms, ice75, KW8 pro, HFP, HFG, cinestar gimble completely red upgraded on 5s and 13" props with a nex-5n kit lens.... it needed 12" with these crazy motors...... the gimble alone is almost 4 lbs.

Were flying it on cars tomorrow with an epic

SamaraMedia

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see that vid! Building an UAP-1 hexa with SunnySky 2814 motors, ZTW 45A with SimonK, 11x4 props and 4s battery. Using an original OP CC for controller but thinking of upgrading to my first HFP but trying to keep the cost down. I also have a NAZA I can switch to if tuning becomes an issue. Using some aluminum tubes inside a garment storage unit I found while cleaning out my mother in-laws basement. Setup is about 750 cm and weighs about 6lbs without camera and gimbal. I have a AV130 that I've been using under a F550 that I want to mount but I need to shead some weight first, probably need to can those aluminum tubes for some carbon fiber. Hope to get it airborne soon for some Spring work.

Thanks for sharing your setup.

John

kloner

Aerial DP
I've been doing alot of build for hire. This one came to me as a built but screwed and got it turned around, tuned and working. It had been getting bounced around since september 2012, but didn't land in my lap till a couple months ago. There a pretty kit. It finally gets to go to work and the owner couldn't be happier.

Our biz is building a skyjib/av200 HFP. Naza spoils you with ease to keep the craft somewhere, but the self level on hfp with it's gimbal control and the smoothness it flies is unbeatable, can't imagine flying without it anymore. I've got 3 HFP's now since december. love em, but i still haven't trusted the altitude hold part, and that has been the biggest hurdle for me to make super butter smooth is the throttle being so touchy and need so much lovin when i tilt the craft around. The atti part of naza. HFP has it, but man, it crashed me once and has a red flag across it in my eyes so i just work a little harder

kloner

Aerial DP
the MOB was out screwing around today. wind came up and made the ledge a little bouncy to fly along. only thing i did was slow it down.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Smooth! Yeah that's my only complaint about Hoverfly. It is very hard to get a vertically smooth shot without jumping around. I have a very gentle throttle curve and that's it. But after flying Dji I know what can be do e with good ah. Too bad really as that is an important feature to have work reliably without fear involved. I've already had my arm chopped because I activated ah and I'm still on the old firmware. I'm not switching until at least 90% of you have nothing but success. As it is, it flies too well to mess with anything.

Bluerex

Just ahead of the 2013 National Capital Rally (Canberra Australia), a test weekend was held for teams, officials and of course us media types to refine our games before the big event.
While I wasn't intending on shooting from the air on the rally itself, any opportunity to test the new Droidworx XM x4 wasn't to be missed. This was the first forest flight and the wind made things a bit jumpy - still some work ahead to dial in gains on both copter and gimbal... but a happy first day in the dust nonetheless.

Thanks to the organisers and fellow volunteer officials for all their work that made the session a safe and worthwhile outing.
Charles.

mbsteed

aerial video centric
I noted that it looked like you took off from a tarp. I think this is a necessity - we have had too many shots messed by dew getting on the lens from a take off in the grass. In addition in a dusty environment all that grit will get in the moving parts - bad news.

Chadfish

Here's a little compilation of some of my cooler shots captured with my XP2. Mostly GoPro Hero3, but a couple NEX-5n shots in there too.

Chadfish

Thanks guys! I needed to make something to show potential clients, rather than giving them a bunch of long videos to sift through.

apejovic

I have already showed you some of the aerials I have made for my last production, but now I can show you the complete video.

This is Adeje Life in one Day, the two minutes version. It´s one of the eight videos we have produced for Costa Adeje in South Tenerife, Spain. It was filmed during last november-december with a Red Epic x, a Red One for the underwater shots and one of my multicopters with the CX-740.

Gents this is were I live I hope you like it.

LowFlier

I have already showed you some of the aerials I have made for my last production, but now I can show you the complete video.

This is Adeje Life in one Day, the two minutes version. It´s one of the eight videos we have produced for Costa Adeje in South Tenerife, Spain. It was filmed during last november-december with a Red Epic x, a Red One for the underwater shots and one of my multicopters with the CX-740.

Gents this is were I live I hope you like it.

[snip]

That's a great video. Now I want to visit. Beautiful.

Also, who did the song and what is it called? I would like to email them to tell them that your video just sold whatever it is I have to buy to own a copy of that song...

hjls3

okay so here is my first video post. got myself a nex zen and final cut pro. I am still very much learning both. I over did it with the effects, but again - learning. Now that I am a bit more confident in the rig - i have some more ideas for skate park stuff. Up until this point I had really only captured some landscape type stuff. THis was certainly fun, i know there is lots of room for improvement - take a look - sorry have not quite figured out how to get video in this post. But here is a link.

https://vimeo.com/62024466

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
okay so here is my first video post...

Doesn't it make a huge difference when you have a Zen? You can actually start concentrating on being creative without endlessly buggering about with the gimbal.

As for video treatment, less is usually more - but then I think you have already figured that out !

There has been a problem for some time with uploading videos to MRF. It used to work fine but for some time now the normal dialog does not function correctly and the [ video]xxxxx[/video ] tags have to be used.

hjls3

It sure does Mombasa. Pics are my first love. I really love taking pics and still will do that but man is it fun to have that zen for vid. I cant tell you how much i messed with an av130 and a t2i to try and get decent video from it.

Yep got the whole less is more thing. I just kept pushing buttons and clicking things in FCP and thought - wow thats cool. next time i will certainly tone it down.

Doesn't it make a huge difference when you have a Zen? You can actually start concentrating on being creative without endlessly buggering about with the gimbal.

As for video treatment, less is usually more - but then I think you have already figured that out !

There has been a problem for some time with uploading videos to MRF. It used to work fine but for some time now the normal dialog does not function correctly and the [ video]xxxxx[/video ] tags have to be used.

Cloudshots.NL

Hey guys,

Here's a showreel of our latest aerial photowork shot during the last couple of months in and around our hometown city of Zwolle, The Netherlands.

Greets,
Cloudshots team