tombrown1

okay so here is my first video post. got myself a nex zen and final cut pro. I am still very much learning both. I over did it with the effects, but again - learning. Now that I am a bit more confident in the rig - i have some more ideas for skate park stuff. Up until this point I had really only captured some landscape type stuff. THis was certainly fun, i know there is lots of room for improvement - take a look - sorry have not quite figured out how to get video in this post. But here is a link.https://vimeo.com/62024466
Nice job! You have a lot of talent. Can't wait to see more.

Kari

Thanks a lot, we use gh2 zen and CS 3axis with radians for bigger cameras. Frames are mostly modified Vulcans.

K

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Nice showreel Kari, love how steady your tracking is, much better than mine. I can't remember if I put mine up here or not, apologies if I did already, so here it is (I have a much better setup now, so hopefully next year's will be as steady as yours):

P.S. The wobbly banking stuff is fixed wing footage, the rest is hexacopter.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
today my team showed up only to have a small problem with the octo that left us grounded.... since we had a few pro surfers come out we broke out discoveries and chased em around a bit. Got the octo back in shape so will try it 2 man and a canon tomorrow.

KopterVision

Catch the vision
Here's my latest video. I went out to test camera settings and found this in the field where I flew.

Enjoy -Colin

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
I think a good use for multi-rotors in filming is to create forwards moving shots over fields of flowers or crops because it's something that's quite hard to do any other way, well without ruining the crops anyway.

Chadfish

I think a good use for multi-rotors in filming is to create forwards moving shots over fields of flowers or crops because it's something that's quite hard to do any other way, well without ruining the crops anyway.

That's true! But with shots of nothing but a field of grass or flowers going buy it needs to be perfectly stabilized by the gimbal, because a shot like that confuses software stabilization. It has nothing to grab onto and makes really jerky shakes.

hjls3

and my second edit. Flew with some friends this morning in the terrain park. Pretty fun stuff. There were cameras everywhere - hope to mix my footage with the ground footage and let someone who knows how to edit do something with it. In the meantime - I took a stab at it.

no post stabilization - all Zen

https://vimeo.com/62663281

Chadfish

Dude Kasp, that was really nice! What a picture perfect location too. Those trees. It looked fake it was so perfect! Really smooth shots too man.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
For those of you not following the brushless gimbal thread, here's the first test flight of my Cinestar 6 with Nex 5n and GotheliRC brushless gimbal. Installed on the CS late yesterday, a quick bench setup and an educated guess on the PID settings for the 5n with 16mm wide angle lens. Why the wide angle lens? So I could make sure to capture some part of the CS frame in the video for reference purposes, I like to see how much the frame is moving in relation to the view from the camera, in this case it's substantial due to gusty wind. Watch for the front boom dipping in and out of the frame and see how much movement there is, I'm totally amazed at the performance of this gimbal. Unfortunately I have to leave on a business trip for a few days so I won't have time to do any more with it until Friday at the earliest...

Totally raw video right off the memory card, I can see a few parameters need to be tweaked in gimbal PID settings but not bad at all for a first try, far better than anything I was able to achieve with an AV130/RSGS on the same frame.

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
good job Johny..... wonder why people use shot like that first one,,, wobbliest one in the bunch. i get that too

all in manual mode and LOS

hjls3

That is incredible Kloner! So So nice. That footage of looks AMAZING! btw - who knows on the wobbly stuff - I think they made it extra wobbly for whatever reason and thanks for the kind words.

good job Johny..... wonder why people use shot like that first one,,, wobbliest one in the bunch. i get that too

all in manual mode and LOS