G0010086.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 314
  • G0010089.jpg
    G0010089.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 359

Efliernz

Pete
Camping / Lodging New Year 2012/2013

My disposable quad with the Gopro2. Not enough time to sort out all the vibes but that didn't matter... I was on holiday with two quads :highly_amused:

I might need to take the DW next year - but I'll need a new u/c first as the DW VM gear won't handle the rocks by the river.

Happy New Year all.

Pete

View attachment 8648View attachment 8649

Attachments

• Gopro04.jpg
    Gopro04.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 284
  • Gopro07.jpg
    Gopro07.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by a moderator:

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros

My disposable quad with the Gopro2. Not enough time to sort out all the vibes but that didn't matter... I was on holiday with two quads :highly_amused:

I might need to take the DW next year - but I'll need a new u/c first as the DW VM gear won't handle the rocks by the river.

Happy New Year all.

Pete

View attachment 11266View attachment 11267

Just curious,

You can PM me if you like. How much did you charge the client for this aerial shoot?

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
No charge - this was for fun for me. The lodge is a non-profit education camp and the family we were invited by are on the committee... and this was their 19th NY there. It was our 3rd year.
I wouldn't charge for quality this low either. Too much jello, non-stabilized, shot with a Gopro instead of the RX100. Just fun. I don't Gopro stills - the quality isn't there.

Pete

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Thanks Pete,

Just curious like a said. I noticed the jello and fact that the GoPro isn't always the best choice. But what I did notice is that you have a fantastic eye for what to shoot, angles to shoot from and pretty good flying skill.

Efliernz

Pete
Thanks. Yes, I have wanted to take a machine there ever since my first visit.

I had only just rebuilt my DW VM-6 2 days before the trip so I wasn't going to fly something almost untested. I have just done a 12 minute flight with the VM-6 (6000/8000 4S) at a 30A hover and I now wish I had taken it. While I put the Gopro down, we know that it is capable of great footage in the right environment. Flying where I was with no straight horizon is one of them.
I would not have flown the DW in the bush! I admit I lost 1/2" of rear left prop in the bush ;)

Pete