Show us what you shot.

ZAxis

Hoping this will follow on the footsteps of Droiders popular 'show us what you filmed' thread. I thought we could have one for stills taken from MR's.
A few shots following with some late evening mist over the local village. & one working out how high the fog was this morning the answer was 200meters. All shot on sony NEX5.
View attachment 2681View attachment 2682View attachment 2683
Lec.

Attachments

• Village.jpg
    Village.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 704
  • prees_mist5.jpg
    prees_mist5.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 707
  • prees_abovemorning fog.jpg
    prees_abovemorning fog.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 654

Kilby

I've been meaning to start this same thread for a while now. Glad to see you did it as I'm a lazy a$$ and would have waited another few weeks.

This is a couple I shot last weekend at the legendary "Boh Towers" in Baltimore. I did it total renegade style with out permission or anything. The owner of the building found out about it less than 24 hours after I posted the photos online and has asked about hiring me to do several of his buildings (all commercial). I got lucky that time I guess.

View attachment 2684View attachment 2685

Attachments

• BohTowers_CloseUp.jpg
    BohTowers_CloseUp.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 576
  • BohTowers_WideShot.jpg
    BohTowers_WideShot.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 558

ZAxis

Great photos Kilby. I have been getting abit hung up on video and totally forgot about still but with the recent weather we have been having over here I wanted to try my hand at it again. Haven't flown in a city environment yet but visited Sau Paulo & Rio over christmas and saw some perfect opportunities. pity the hex didn't fit in the luggage! What camera are you shooting on?
I wonder if we can make this go to 60+ pages?
Lec

Kilby

Thanks! I'm all GoPro so far. I want to move onto a different camera, but I have my set up working so well that it's hard to rip it apart and start over again. I did just recently get a non-fisheye lens for the new GoPro2. Maybe that will keep me around for a little while, at least this season.

I've started a series of lighthouses around Maryland. There are actually quite a few in this area. This summer I plan on trying to get them all, even the ones that are only accessible by boat. People go crazy over prints of this stuff. I've got a few others at home I'll add up tonight if I remember.

View attachment 2690View attachment 2693View attachment 2691View attachment 2692

Attachments

• Lighthouse_web.jpg
    Lighthouse_web.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 417
  • SevenFootKnoll02_web.jpg
    SevenFootKnoll02_web.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 576
  • SevenFootKnoll01_web.jpg
    SevenFootKnoll01_web.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 466
  • P1040776.jpg
    P1040776.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 481

ZAxis

Nice stuff. I guess this is where MR's really come into their own because it is so quick & unobtrusive. Hoping the fog will be down tomorrow for me to have another go.

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Fantastic shots everyone. Here are a few from Essex.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Those are some nice look shots there, JT. What type of camera are you using, and how do you trigger it?

J.T.

Thank you, camera is a Canon S90 with CHDK and intervalometer script installed.

Kilby

That's awesome to hear. I've been looking at the same set up. How do you like it so far? Anything you don't like about it?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Eh Up.. and Hay from Lapland.. if you went back long enough you would see I already started a thread about a year ago for this but unlike the show what you film ed it slowley died a death.. its worth hunting it out coz there is some really good stuff in there from members still present and some not!.. Still nice to see some new shots.. @ JT I am sure u posted some great ones of the mud flats..
@ Lec love the morning fog shot
@ Kilbly aint I seen them before.. nice
@ Bowley.. U know peeps from Findhorn? Architects may be?

Dave

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

J.T.

Dave.. now that looks cold, hope you got the feeling back in your thumbs.

Kilbly, could not be happier with the S90, fantastic little camera, so light and a great sensor. I just dial in 1/800th and auto everything else and it does the job. I might get a S95 soon for the HD video.

Kilby

I think you've inspired me to take the leap. One last question about the 90 though. How do you like the image stabilization? That seems to be the only thing that might make me want the 95 instead. I'm not to concerned about HD video since I have a few solutions for that already. Do you have much trouble with blurred shots on the 90?

Thanks!

-Terry

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Any pictures of the Merry dancers yet Dave ?
Good luck if you aint seen en yet.

sent from my phone using my finger.

J.T.

I switch image stabilization to off. I must of read somewhere once that it was best left off and have never changed it, At 1/800th I find 95% of shots are pin sharp.

ZAxis

Hey Dave. How is the Naza standing up to the cold there? I was abit worried when I took the Hex from 21degrees indoors straight to -7 outside and sent it straight up above the fog where i could only hear it but not see it.
looking forward to the video from Lapland.
Lec

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Any pictures of the Merry dancers yet Dave ?
Good luck if you aint seen en yet.

sent from my phone using my finger.

This forum would be the first to see um if I managed to get any pics but cloud tonight and bright moon light since we got here has made it not ideal.. There has been some amazing pic taken this last few nights up in Tromso but thats a long way from here.. Ill be out again tonight but its not looking good.. Just downloading some sunset shots so Ill post if there any good.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sunset tonight was amazing but I missed the red mackerel sky by about 2 mins.. I ran all the way from the bus drop as I was cursing not having my quad to get up over the town for the best sky I have seen in many a year.

I did get the last of it though

attachment.php