DSC_0282.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC_0286.jpg
    DSC_0286.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 234

Quinton

Some pictures from todays flying.

Looks good.
Is it possible you can give the all up weight of it ready to fly with and without lipos including the BMPCC?
I see you have an extended antennae on both legs, I can see a lightbridge on there, what is the other one?

Tahoe Ed

Looks good.
Is it possible you can give the all up weight of it ready to fly with and without lipos including the BMPCC?
I see you have an extended antennae on both legs, I can see a lightbridge on there, what is the other one?

It is 16 pounds with the lipos and the lipos weight 4 pounds so 12#'s or about 5.5kg.

Quinton

It is 16 pounds with the lipos and the lipos weight 4 pounds so 12#'s or about 5.5kg.

OK great thanks, so even with a couple of 5200 mAh lipos on there it could be below 7KG
What all have you got on there, I take it is the A2, is that including the lightbridge and do you have anything else?

Mikeq

Just curious. But why do you have a iOSD MKII installed when you have the lightbridge? Thanx a lot by the way for keeping us updated with your feedback. Very much appreciated!

Crash logs. BTW Ed, anything ever come of the crash logs I sent you? Never heard anything back and it happened again and I lost my entire rig including my BMPCC. Went down in the ocean.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Crash logs. BTW Ed, anything ever come of the crash logs I sent you? Never heard anything back and it happened again and I lost my entire rig including my BMPCC. Went down in the ocean.

What flight controller, esc's, & motors were you flying?

Tahoe Ed

Mike I sent you an email. The flight logs that you sent me were for a "hard" landing not a loss in the ocean.

Mikeq

Mike I sent you an email. The flight logs that you sent me were for a "hard" landing not a loss in the ocean.

The logs I'm referring to are the logs for the hard landing. I never heard anything back and the same strange corkscrew into the ground happened again. This time I wasn't over ground though.

Yes the props were T-motor CF 12x4.

Obviously I can't give you logs for the ocean landing. The aircraft was never recovered.

soler

Ed,

A couple of questions.

For the power connectors one the red connector is a AS150, but what is the black connector?

For the power cable I see this is 10AWG, now maybe I am looking at the wrong chart but I see tis is rate for only 55Amps, based on a 10 min flight time with 12,000mahr battery this will give a 72amp average load.

How did you wire the Y cable from the power connector? From the photos I think you used a single cable in to the AS150 then split this out to two XT60's is this correct? What AWG wire did you use?

Quinton

Ed,

A couple of questions.

For the power connectors one the red connector is a AS150, but what is the black connector?

For the power cable I see this is 10AWG, now maybe I am looking at the wrong chart but I see tis is rate for only 55Amps, based on a 10 min flight time with 12,000mahr battery this will give a 72amp average load.

How did you wire the Y cable from the power connector? From the photos I think you used a single cable in to the AS150 then split this out to two XT60's is this correct? What AWG wire did you use?

Would it depend on what the wire was and its length.
The chart that I have, 10 AWG is rated for 140A, 12awg IS 88A and 16 is 35A
My 130A watt meter uses 10AWG

Not sure if this link will be allowed here, however I went on the search for the exact same things last year after I upgraded to 6S lipos and ended up melting my charging leads when I tried to charge 10400 mAh lipos with the charging leads I had for my 3S batteries (We all learn by mistakes, but it is best to learn from others mistakes) :)

https://www.google.com/search?q="max+continuous+amps+for+14awg+wire?"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Ed,

A couple of questions.

XT150 connectors.

See Quinton's comments. He addresses the issue.

How did you wire the Y cable from the power connector? From the photos I think you used a single cable in to the AS150 then split this out to two XT60's is this correct? What AWG wire did you use.

The comment on the connections is correct. All the wire is 10. This was a tempory solution until I got my 15,000 mA lipos.

See comments in ​RED.

Quinton

See comments in ​RED.

A bit confused, the RED connector is an AS150 which is an 7mm connector, and the black is an XT 150 which is a 7mm connector.
Does it come with these already on or do you have to solder your own connectors, why are 2 different ones used?
I like the idea of these anti-spark connectors a lot, I take it it comes setup for 1 lipo (hence the AS150) and if you want to use 2 then you would need to get a Y-lead?

Tahoe Ed

Quinton,

The power leads on the S900 are pre soldered. It also comes with one set for the Lipo. The lipos that I am buying now from TroyBuilt come with the connectors. I fly with a pair of 6000mA lipos with XT60 connectors and I soldered up a y connector for them.

Got mine all dialed up! Only issue I really see is the landing legs are way too short and you need to have something under the unit for the zenmuse to calibrate and not sack the ground.

Have a few flights but will give a full report once I get some more time in the sky. Will be testing a a few batteries ranging from a 10,000 up to a 16,000. Have a look at the setup thus far:
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo-46.jpg
    photo-46.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 307

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thats probably because you are not using the NEW GH3/4 Gimbal that does NOT rotate the camera 360º in pitch to calibrate. What do you expect from them. You must buy the latest Gimbal four the latest frame!

D