S900 Owner's Thread and Mini Build Log

sundust

I see your post is edited to note you want to use a single radio with the A2. In that case I would not use a second receiver. Just link your 14SG to the A2 and map the channels in the assistant software. The typical setup requires 7 channels for flight control, 1 channel for gear, and 4 channels for the gimbal (using the F1-F4 aka D1-D4 ports on the A2). It's very easy to do using the channel mapping in the A2 assistant software.

Wow that is what I wanted and wished. I m just setting up the S900 tomorrow I will do the A2 setup. Thanks alot. I will have a good sleep tonigth :nevreness:

ZAxis

Leg length when using a ZenMuse GH4 gimbal ....
Ed..
Comments have been made that the undercarriage leg length is too short on an S900 and DJI are sending replacement(?) legs to US customers. True? Is this going to be done for all markets?
Are the replacement legs simply S1000 ones?

andy

Tahoe Ed

Ed..
Comments have been made that the undercarriage leg length is too short on an S900 and DJI are sending replacement(?) legs to US customers. True? Is this going to be done for all markets?

andy

I just replaced my legs on my S900. They are 5cm longer and appear to be the same as the S1000 legs. They even have the same weave on the CF tubes. The S900 is still narrower than the S1000 by a about 4cm. Now the two are the same height. I am tempted to mount my 5D gimbal on just for a test. Not recommended by DJI but I am curious about the lifting capacity of the S900.

markab

Recieved longer legs for s900 GH4 here in the UK this morning.

Ed..

andy

Jumpy07

Haha Pete was too quick for you Jumpy

Ok will own up..

Mrs had been playing with new camera and flattened the battery.. she had taken the battery out and stuck it on charge... I came home with new gimbal.. stuck the camera on it.. and never realised weight difference... and guess what it was all lop sided :)

Have now told her to stop playing with my toys.. and buy her own :livid:.. wummin... should stick to shoes lol

Tahoe Ed

I got to play with the GH4 and HD gimbal over the last three days at Photoshop World. It is a great combination. I am trying to get it for my personal use. It was a blast to fly the S900 indoors in a 3m cage. I have some video that we did and I will post it later.

GroundHogDay

Hi guys, does anyone have the measurements of the standard leg length for the S900 and the extended leg length for the S900 they are shipping with the gimbal kits?

Tahoe Ed

I see your post is edited to note you want to use a single radio with the A2. In that case I would not use a second receiver. Just link your 14SG to the A2 and map the channels in the assistant software. The typical setup requires 7 channels for flight control, 1 channel for gear, and 4 channels for the gimbal (using the F1-F4 aka D1-D4 ports on the A2). It's very easy to do using the channel mapping in the A2 assistant software.

That is true but F1 is reserved for the retracts. That only leaves 3 channels for the gimbal.

Ronan

What brand/size batteries are you guys using with your S900 + Gimbal/camera?
Also what flight time?

Trying to figure out which one's to get...

Tahoe Ed

What brand/size batteries are you guys using with your S900 + Gimbal/camera?
Also what flight time?

Trying to figure out which one's to get...

TroyBuilt 15,000 15C or 21,000 15C. I am using a HD Zen for BMPCC. the 15,000 are getting about 14min and the 21,000 should give me over 20min.

Ronan

Gensace are meant to be good from what I've heard

Read the same thing, can't find any of their larger 6s lipo packs in stock... Tried my 5 usual dealers and they are all out of stock, been like that for awhile.

MaxAmps look great, but SUPER expensive (even more than Pulse)! Tattu i found perfect for pricing but i recall people complaining about them awhile back (i think).