portable monitor

Hey peoples, What are some of you using for portable screens to frame shots? Im thinkin portable dvd player but cannot find one with rca input.... Any thought are appreciated, Id like to stay under 100 bucks but if not ill work it out
Thanks

I have dominators for my fpv, but i dont want to be doin the up and down with goggles

Last edited by a moderator:

hjls3

i have a 10" haier mounted to a tri-pod. havent used it a bunch but it seems todo the job. running it and a receiver on 3 cell 11.1v

ZAxis

Attachments

• Field_monitor.jpg
    Field_monitor.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 234
  • Field_monitor.jpg
    Field_monitor.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 379

Kilby

Hahah, jforkner, I was just about to post the same link. I set one of those up for my camera person and it works great, especially for the price!

Like most monitors, you will have to put it in some kind of hood, but that's to be expected.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what sold me on the FT, figured it was worth $30 for the hood alone even if i have to throw away the screen

IMG_2283_wm.JPG

When the ad says 1440 X 234, what is that? it doesn't look 7:1 ratio, what is that interpreted to?

kloner

Aerial DP
found this

[h=2][/h]
they advertise it as 1440x234 where infact its only 480x234. They count the Red, green and blue pixels as separate. This resolution is not sufficient for focussing but it can be used for framing.

Mr.Biker

I bought one of those cheap 7" TFT car monitors on eBay, think I paid something like 35 euro or so.
Works like a charm! :nevreness: