Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

Fredasss

S2 are on their way but, X CTU print screen must help, thanks george.
if S2 wont work also... this will be a setup problem. thats why xctu will help

GeorgeM

S2 Work for sure.... there are a couple of other Picloc customers who use this setup.
Also with 3DR modems which are nice as well !!

Someone informed me that there are Xbees for higher speeds.. Thanks 'EH' :) - LINK these are Wifi Xbees, but are able to do serial at 1Mbps ( same as Picloc speaks to Toolz over USB ).
Although these are not supported right now, its a 1 hour job for me to add support for them.
Anyone has them ??

Fredasss

S2 Work for sure.... there are a couple of other Picloc customers who use this setup.
Also with 3DR modems which are nice as well !!

Someone informed me that there are Xbees for higher speeds.. Thanks 'EH' :) - LINK these are Wifi Xbees, but are able to do serial at 1Mbps ( same as Picloc speaks to Toolz over USB ).
Although these are not supported right now, its a 1 hour job for me to add support for them.
Anyone has them ??

As the pro S1 is supposed to work but not, so maybe you have to verify why the supposed to work, don't...
maybe there is a question of protocol level of the data, I read that for S1 level output is OV or 3,3 as logic states... maybe it's the reason. how much is S2 imput output ?

wizprod

Hi George,

A few questions now that I have got the PL v2 pro in hand:
- I have a MK HiSight SLR1, where the roll is coupled to a pushrod. That means that the movement isn't linear. Should I use the exponential Gains -> Roll here ?
- I would like to mount the Picloc on the camera tray itself. I want to do this prevent "qualified guessing" and use the piclocs ability to react to actual changes. But, how do I go about doing that with normal servos ? Also, should I still use the expo on roll in this config?

Fredasss

George, Xbees Pro S2b arrived today, and.. Same same Just can't connect, I start to feel bad... Can you please upload the xctu setup ? Thanks à lot.

mradeck

Hi,

on two different computers but both with win7 64bit and net framework 4 the picloc tools are crashing (also the setup.exe installer is crashing) it wil only run on my old winxp sp3, with framework 3.5. I cannot install 3.5 on my win7 systems,

what's wrong?

I need a replacement for my MKS 787 servo. They are HARD to find! Anyone have a link to a good place to but them?
Or Is there a similar servo that works as well (fast)?

Thanks

Graham

wizprod

A feature-request for something I really need:

Angle limitation when in 360 servo mode.

I would like have the ability to limit the travel for mechanical reasons, but still be able to use the PL on the camera tray (and thus not using potted servos on any axis).

The new 150 usd Tarot gimbal can do this, but not the 400 euro PL pro v2. That saddens me a bit, but hope it can be implemented quickly :D

nooobs

A feature-request for something I really need:

Angle limitation when in 360 servo mode.

I would like have the ability to limit the travel for mechanical reasons, but still be able to use the PL on the camera tray (and thus not using potted servos on any axis).

The new 150 usd Tarot gimbal can do this, but not the 400 euro PL pro v2. That saddens me a bit, but hope it can be implemented quickly :D

Don't be sad...

In FUNCTIONS tab > SLEW SETUP : Here you can set the high and low ATV.

snurre

Correct, but if you enable 360 servo, these 2 fields will disappear. So the current limiter only works for potted servos it would seem.

No... Angular limits are available on the SLEW tab, also in360 mode.
Though it has nothing to do with current limiting. It is a pure software based limit setting.
It is very good for adjusting gimbal operation limits.
But if the Picloc, by any reason go bezerk, this limit might not stop it. Only limit switches would be trusted with that.

nooobs

The newest one. Downloaded from the rotorpics site 2 days ago. (the 28th jan version)

Do you have the servos plugged in? Or are you just playing around with the software without any servos plugged?

wizprod

No... Angular limits are available on the SLEW tab, also in360 mode.
Though it has nothing to do with current limiting. It is a pure software based limit setting.
It is very good for adjusting gimbal operation limits.
But if the Picloc, by any reason go bezerk, this limit might not stop it. Only limit switches would be trusted with that.

Playing with it without a continous servo, but a normal potted servo.
It sounds great that it is possible, however, I still can't see where to adjust it for an axis in 360 mode?

EDIT: Ah, wait a minute. Seems that the tab needs a refresh. Once you tick "ATV enable" you need to select another axis, and go back to the previous axis. Cool, it seems to be working in theory then! Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredasss

With 360 servis Atv limits works with stick imput, but NOT in compensation,
With no stick imput, moving the gimbal to the mecanical limit and picloc continue to try compensate.
It could be nice to implement this mecanical limit for 360 servos.

luchtshot

Hi All,

I use the v1 picloc3xpro sn25 (one of the first) with the v55 firmware for some time now, but some time's the stabilization is not working wel. I only use the rol and tilt axes. Th pan is used direct from the receiver.
Yesterday I did decided to upgade to 58 and try the new 58 firmware incl tools58.
Here I found some problems, I use ppm from a graupner rx, however this is not working on the new 58 firmware. I checked george's tutorials on his website, and also searched this tread and found not a solution.
Anybody noticed things like this? Or a good idee to get the v1 picloc working with the latest firmware?
thanks in advance.

Hans

luchtshot

I did install the 58 firmware for the V1 no xbee ( I don/t have a xbee) I try to use a jeti box
The picloc started good and, did communicate with the tools58 also ok..
If the wrong version is loaded How do you notice this?