Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

holco

[h=1]Permission Denied :([/h]

Hi all, at the moment im am configuring my picloc3x prov2 -
i started with piclocv1 - and when you place them right - use good servos - and configure them well
they do actually work really good

https://vimeo.com/52945565 - this is our reel (wich is really sad because it wants more hearts :) - so please press like - if you do)
it was all taken with piclocs stabilizing my mount

hints:
run it on 2s
use fast 360 servos (we use the spectrum h6040)
place it close to turning axes
fix it superfixed... we use its own screws to attach it below cam plate
use a superstiff camplate wich will not bend or vibrate
make the arrow point forwards (where your cam looks at ;) )

i hope that helps! it should.

lucas

flycoptic

messed up the link

https://vimeo.com/52945565

i hope this works now - this should be the flycoptic reel 2012 =) I hope you like it

Hi all, at the moment im am configuring my picloc3x prov2 -
i started with piclocv1 - and when you place them right - use good servos - and configure them well
they do actually work really good

https://vimeo.com/52945565 - this is our reel (wich is really sad because it wants more hearts :) - so please press like - if you do)
it was all taken with piclocs stabilizing my mount

hints:
run it on 2s
use fast 360 servos (we use the spectrum h6040)
place it close to turning axes
fix it superfixed... we use its own screws to attach it below cam plate
use a superstiff camplate wich will not bend or vibrate
make the arrow point forwards (where your cam looks at ;) )

i hope that helps! it should.

lucas

GeorgeM

Awesome Reel.. Lucas.

Its very satisfying for me.. to know that I may have been of some help in providing a tool....that is getting sharper.
Gm

flycoptic

Hehe - thank you George

Well I have seen better reels - with better cameras and awesome scenes - great landscapes - stylish events and stuff =)
But thank you - we have been flying in conditions up to 30km/h wind - wich was no problem for the stabilization.

This weekend i will test the new pl3xpro with 0°C - i´d be surprised if it wont work. I will set the temperature to 10°C in picloc tools
before i start flying - right? Because the heater in picloc wont manage to heat it up to 30°C like it does in my room.

Lucas

rene.m

Question, after being confused:

is it now better to place the picloc version 2 on or off axis? On the camera-plate or under the pan-axis?
is it now better to operate picloc version 2 and servos with or without potentiometer?

thanks

krleas

FPV Freak
Last test with picloc 3x pro v2, George, thats what we need. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Krleas......butter smooth flying and nice moves !!! ( full fat butter BTW !! LOL !! )
Nice Job.. Really like the zoom in.....

Rene..
Easiest to work with is with potentiometers, and Picloc on Pan Axis.
Harder to tune but may give better accuracy.. On axis with 360 Servos...
I give you options... Every Gimbal+Servos+Camera+Flying style ( and anti-Vibe system) is different.
You make your judgement.

What I can tell you, is that these 2 weeks, I am re-writing a lot of the firmware for more efficiency and minimal extras ( low-fat diet)...to make the firmware leaner, and faster.
Brushless are so fast and responsive, that code should be running at fastest speed possible.
So, with this development, you will notice improvement and higher gains possible, yielding better , more accurate stabi.

gm>>

Fredasss

Hello, I try at this Time to connect picloc with xbee pro S1.. But it's not getting connected. I simply change DL and MY to 1111 and 2222 (in x-CTU ), same but reversed on the other xbee, and last change bitrate to 115kbps,
In picloctools, go to option, click th xbee box, and then connect.
Nothing append.
Need help thanks

Fredasss

Ok I tried several times with différent configuration, NoT WORKING.
I tried the loop back mode to test xbees and"hello world" was succesfull, after that I tried the xbee datalink with mikrokopter and MKtools, I just changed the datarate to 57kbps and works fine.
So the problem must come from picloc.
George can you Check it please if thé xbee firmware is good ? Or Where can be thé problem ? Thanks.
At this Time picloc seems to receive data but not responding...

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Hi Fred....sorry not to have had the possibility to help you with setting up your Xbee's... But it Paid.... now you know very well how they work..it seems. !!!

OK...

So....
1) Set Xbee's to 115200.
2) you must have loaded the XBEE firmware in Picloc
3) connect TX to RX and vice versa.
4) In Toolz, tick the XBEE tickbox ( in Options ) ... Connect button should turn blue. Comport should be that of PC connected Xbee.
5) Connect.....and you should see your breakout board's LED's flash in sympaty with TX RX....and you should see PiclocToolz populating its data in the controls....

GeorgeM

Fred's issue was that the Xbee's were series 1, and did not support 115200 baud.
Its good to know that as of now, both Xbee's Series 2 ( and other models that support higher baud ) and also 3DR radios are supported and work.

PaNt. Not ready to reveal yet. But you're on the right track.

gm>>

Fredasss

Fred's issue was that the Xbee's were series 1, and did not support 115200 baud.
Its good to know that as of now, both Xbee's Series 2 ( and other models that support higher baud ) and also 3DR radios are supported and work.

PaNt. Not ready to reveal yet. But you're on the right track.

gm>>

Just to précise thé xbees pro S1 accept thé 115200bauds, but it is not "compatible" with picloc.
no understand why but already ordered S2 to be sûre it works..

GeorgeM

Ok... I will install XCTU and post here. () sorry 2 month old laptop died.... got another one and I am sorting it out to my liking.