Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

wizprod

With 360 servis Atv limits works with stick imput, but NOT in compensation,
With no stick imput, moving the gimbal to the mecanical limit and picloc continue to try compensate.
It could be nice to implement this mecanical limit for 360 servos.

That's very bad news :( Kinda renders the slew limiter useless.

Not really, you just have to set the limits twice. For the stabilization limits you set the ATV values on the servo tabs, and for stick limits you set the ATV values on the functions tab.

Having two sets of limits is actually very useful. For example: If you set your lower nick limit for the sticks to straight down (which is probably as far as you'll ever need to go), but you set the lower nick limit for stabilization to, say, 10 degrees past straight down, then it gives picloc 10 degrees of headroom to play with.

What it means is if you set the servo limits to just before your mechanical limits (to stop any nasty mechanical mishaps), and then you set your Function (stick) limits to be a little way inside the servo limits, picloc should be able to stabilize your camera at any angle you put it at with the sticks.

This does, of course cut down on the degree of travel you can control, and there will always be a trade off when setting your ATV limits this way. Like anything else in this game, your best bet is to play around and find out what works for you.

Have just read your post again wizprod and noticed you're talking about 360 servo. Missed that when I read it the first time. Please ignore my post if I missed the point entirely. I'll leave it up just in case it's useful to anyone else though.

"Read twice, comment once" as me ol' granddad used to say...

Fredasss

Pheliciano You're right with standard servo, but with 360 The atv is servo tab is useless.
Maybe for 360 servo, make kind of atv but in "max angle" like in the slew setup
But for mecanical limits.

siim227

Damn, again ...
Hi George,

A few questions now that I have got the PL v2 pro in hand:
- I have a MK HiSight SLR1, where the roll is coupled to a pushrod. That means that the movement isn't linear. Should I use the exponential Gains -> Roll here ?
- I would like to mount the Picloc on the camera tray itself. I want to do this prevent "qualified guessing" and use the piclocs ability to react to actual changes. But, how do I go about doing that with normal servos ? Also, should I still use the expo on roll in this config?

Have the same question ..

rene.m

Rene..
Easiest to work with is with potentiometers, and Picloc on Pan Axis.

gm>>
Hi George.

I'm using the AV200, so i go with the "easiest" way.
so far, so good. but the roll is always to slow. its good, but always a little bit to slow. i set up the gains, but when i try different accelerations, it changes nothing. Acc=0, Acc=50, Acc=100. always a bit to slow.
Prop is 275, IMU is on 5, Acc-smoothing=0.
Servo is the Savox 1290MG, which is fast (what i think, trusting the tech.spez.)

what can i do?

He suggested to me to upgrade to an MKS BLS970 servo which is the same speed by spec, but much smoother and actually I think it is faster and is working very well. Easy Mod to 360. I also put one on tilt and moved the tilt servo to pan.

EricH

What goes up...
Hi George.

I'm using the AV200, so i go with the "easiest" way.
so far, so good. but the roll is always to slow. its good, but always a little bit to slow. i set up the gains, but when i try different accelerations, it changes nothing. Acc=0, Acc=50, Acc=100. always a bit to slow.
Prop is 275, IMU is on 5, Acc-smoothing=0.
Servo is the Savox 1290MG, which is fast (what i think, trusting the tech.spez.)

what can i do?

The problem you are having, I would suspect, is not the servo, but the pot. I don't know how your gimble is rigged but let's use an example.
If, to achieve full travel of a particular axis, your pot needs to rotates, say 2 turns. If the pot installed is a 5 turn unit, you will end up with what you describe (even a 3 turn might cause it, depends also on the servo). The servo slowly accelerate and slowly decelerate from one position to a new one.
What you need to do is gear your pot (or if the pot is direct drive, chose the correct no of turns) so that full travel of the axis result in almost full travel of the pot.
Use 5K ohm pots.

E

normand14

Hello,
I just got a V1 PICLOC3XPRO
After the connection of PICLOC 3X Picloctoolz V.058 on the PC, I get this message: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument = The value '126 'is not valid for' SelectedIndex '.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
to System.Windows.Forms.DomainUpDown.set_SelectedIndex (Int32 value)
WindowsApplication1.Form1.Parse_3X_DATA to ()
WindowsApplication1.Form1.update_toolz_data to ()
PC WINDOWS7
PICLOCTOOLZ V.058
Firmware P3XP V1
An idea
Regards

EricH

What goes up...
I have 2 systems, anti-vibration
the picloc v1 had a problem

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This way of mounting could actually amplify some vibration frequencies. FYI, my PL (first a V1, now a V2) are installed on a large petrol powered SRH. I did try at one point some very thick foam (dubro) but it made things worse.

E