Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

OK... Can you send me email at my hotmail email ? I have currently some trouble to access the swap emails. Thankyou.
gm>>

Tott

George.....can you please respond to my messages as well with regards to exchange of my v1 to v2.
i have emailed you on your website as well as PM'd you here with no answer.

i want to exchange my v1 for a V2.....

thanks,
jason

pal72

Hi does anybody know anything about these functions?:
  • GPS Port - With this port, we can plug in an external GPS receiver, and we can log GeoPosition, point the camera to a specific target which is either moving (transmitting its GPS position over telemetry ) or stationary. ( free upgrade with firmware - Q4 2011) - needs additional hardware - GPS, Xbee datalinks which can be purchased from myself in the near future at the time of firmware release.
  • Telemetry Port -- Not specifically useful to the normal AP'er right now, unless for the point above, but certain specific clients ask me for it... and I also make it for a specific use ( for use in 'Picloc Follow Me' coming late Q4).http://quadcopter.heliguy.com/Extras/Camera-Control/PicLoc-3X-Pro/

GeorgeM

Hi Pal72..... The GPS feature was unfortunately never released. Most of my attention has been on getting the best out of the gimbal stabilization functions of Picloc.
There will be a time when these special functions will be released.

Right now... my full attention is on my Brushless Direct Drive system, and very soon, these will be on sale after a period of public beta testing.

As for your second remark ( telemetry ).... yes... this has been released, and is currently available. Works with Xbee and 3DR radio modems.

Also...Soon...a 10$ bluetooth module and an Android App will be available too.... ( PiclocToolz on Android ).

Thanks !!!

@Derek.... I will try to look for your email... Sorry Man !!!!

dr ray

dr ray
Hi George

Some thing in don`t understand. Using and experimenting with Pic 3XV2, Cinestar gimbal, tilt and roll proportional servos, pan 360°.
Arrow for roll on picloc. Rc 5.
When i have the cam normal...horizontal ...with P and D and E, i get the cam quite good stabilised, then useing the nick stick for 90° down ( new jorker shot)
picloc does over stabiliz totaly. P and D are much to high.
what am i doing wrong, V1 has this prob. not?

thank you
p.s. you also got email....regarding candys & tracking number :)

Piranha

Right now... my full attention is on my Brushless Direct Drive system, and very soon, these will be on sale after a period of public beta testing.

Hi George! Great News as always! Count me on for beta-testing :) I am experienced in in that kind of activity as I was the first beta-tester for AlexMos DD ;)
Kind regards
Dmitry ;)

George, I am about to remove my RSGS from the AV200 to install the Picloc Pro (v1). Would it be best to re-install the POTs on the tilt and roll servos and mount the Picloc above the roll axis or would it be better to keep the POTs pulled from detecting the axis movement (with pots glued to center) and mount the picloc to the TILT tray? Or, can I keep the dummy POTs installed as is directed by Photohigher and mount to the tilt? Does this make sense?

I would love to here from V2 users to find out if there is worthy improvement from V1? Who is having success?

GeorgeM

Hi Tahoelight...

Most who have upgraded, would fully agree ( I guess ) that the new Picloc ( much better built ) is worth it !! I send out virtually a completely new unit !!

So my suggestion is to go ahead and install the Firmware and Toolz v58_28 from my website. Choose the V1 folder and the firmware which matches your Picloc STD or PRO.

And yes.... Keep the AV200 as it is and mount the Pic on the camera tray...perhaps next to the lens, infront of the handgrip ?

EDIT... and Mount the PICLOC with the arrow pointing forward.

Let me now if you need any help !

gm>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Highviz

Hmm - Not sure whether to be happy about this or not. While I would love to have a direct drive system, I would much prefer to hear that you are working on the backlog of V2 upgrades that were promised for last December! I am sure I am not the only one waiting for the go -ahead to return my unit to you, after registering it with you last October (Number 121 according to your acknowledgement)

Still waiting in hope.........

Malcolm

flycoptic

Hi all, at the moment im am configuring my picloc3x prov2 -
i started with piclocv1 - and when you place them right - use good servos - and configure them well
they do actually work really good

https://vimeo.com/52945565 - this is our reel (wich is really sad because it wants more hearts :) - so please press like - if you do)
it was all taken with piclocs stabilizing my mount

hints:
run it on 2s
use fast 360 servos (we use the spectrum h6040)
place it close to turning axes
fix it superfixed... we use its own screws to attach it below cam plate
use a superstiff camplate wich will not bend or vibrate
make the arrow point forwards (where your cam looks at ;) )

i hope that helps! it should.

lucas