Photos for commercial use

gencode

I read that if I want to take photos for commercial use (i.e. real estate photos) I would need to get a some kinda licenses.

Does anyone know if thats true? If so where do I get one?

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, were all waiting for the final faa ruling to the best of my knowledge. you fall under whats known as a UAS

FAA Cracking Down on UAS Use LAPD advises California realtors that UAS operators may be violating federal guidelines, warns of possible enforcement action.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/amagovblog.aspx

weve all been waiting for a while knw, Was suppose to rule back in may, and they just keep putting it off. For know, put a banadana over your face and hit it

3dheliguy

Yeah, Its going to be a bit before the legislation process is fully organized, and willing to act on licensing... I would say 2014 sometime... just keep working on your skill, and like so many in this business, we dont do it for commercial us just for fun?????

3dheliguy

Comgratulation MR 3D heli guy its your 100th Post, man I got no Life he he, and I have only been on this site for a month.

This sounds a lot like another hobby activity I do, Mineral prospecting. Enforcers come up with what they think should be enforced. If law enforcement tells you to stop you should stop. However they need to back up the why with an actual law,ordinace, regulation etc.... Do your home work. Know what you can and cannot do.

Where does Crackdown statement come from? Media outlet?

Steve

yea, were all waiting for the final faa ruling to the best of my knowledge. you fall under whats known as a UAS

FAA Cracking Down on UAS Use LAPD advises California realtors that UAS operators may be violating federal guidelines, warns of possible enforcement action.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/amagovblog.aspx

weve all been waiting for a while knw, Was suppose to rule back in may, and they just keep putting it off. For know, put a banadana over your face and hit it

kloner

Aerial DP
that you quoted above was from the ama website at the link quoted in it under july 30.

This is alot like medical marijuana laws in that until there is a law saying you can, you can't do it. people in that industry just want an actual law to follow but they haven't been able to do that for 14 years. this may become the same kinda deal....... when theres no law making it legal, your breaking the law. We used to be innocent till proven guilty, but that's not so much the case anymore.

all these guys had been using the ama modeler code to fly them proffesionaly, but that's not the case once money exchanges hands. uk has a full on association, laws, works though kinda strict, better than not having them at all. We should have something son, sounds like a pilots lic with a uas or uav endorsement. They've talked sport pilot, they've talked all kinds of diff pilot lic, that's what were waiting for.

you can still get on a COA if you can meet the requirements.. http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/uas/

Proof of insurance/liability, experimental aircraft air worthiness certificate, depends on FAA inspector you talk to, but medical.. since you are considered a pilot in the FAA's eyes... then you apply for the COA for each event you will be doing.

:) fun fun fun..

ChrisViperM

One thing I don't get....the hobby guy in the US can do what he wants, and the "pro" has to do some sort of flying license...although the pro would be much more concerned about safety and his pretty expensive equipment. Looks like it's like anywhere in the world, where a bunch of clueless "law makers" are trying to regulate something without even knowing what they are talking about. Today I heard on the news about the new program where the FED wanna pump $ 40.000.000.000,00 into the Banking sector to stimulate the economy and get unemployment down, and on the other hand they are not capable to see a new industry coming up, and with the delay of the licensing crap they just hinder the economy......strange new world.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

One thing I don't get....the hobby guy in the US can do what he wants, and the "pro" has to do some sort of flying license...although the pro would be much more concerned about safety and his pretty expensive equipment. Looks like it's like anywhere in the world, where a bunch of clueless "law makers" are trying to regulate something without even knowing what they are talking about. Today I heard on the news about the new program where the FED wanna pump $ 40.000.000.000,00 into the Banking sector to stimulate the economy and get unemployment down, and on the other hand they are not capable to see a new industry coming up, and with the delay of the licensing crap they just hinder the economy......strange new world.

Chris

Chris,

Let me explain something that many dont quite understand. Both the USA & the UK are registered as corporations (UK is UK PLC). The CEO's who run these businesses (for profit) are called presidents & prime ministers. They are in the game to make money, never to give money...that's why no government has EVER helped it's own people. We are the only species that pays to live on our own planet!!!!! Some states in the USA have made it illegal (not unlawful) to collect rain water!!!!! There is a farmer in the states currently in prison for 1 month & fined $1000 for collecting rain water, as the local water company claims to own it...so we need to reverse the tables & in that farmers case, every time it rains on his land, get them to come out & collect the water, if they don't then he can bill them. We must also take the same action.
People need to learn the difference between legal & lawful, especially police officers! I can open the door for you, but you must walk through it if you want to be free of this corrupt society, which is based on profits & not people.

Ross

ChrisViperM

Search49

Search49
My 2 Cents

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
Thomas Jefferson

kloner

Aerial DP
wow, this turned,,,,,,

I didn't see the partial ruling from 8-15 till just now,,, need to go read that later and see what it's about. Got a feeling it's that law enforcement thing i heard about but ama didn't report. I've been watching the ama sight daily for news, need to change my link to that page....

Macsgrafs

....oh man....since English is not my mother language, I had to look up the difference between "illegal + unlawful"...and found this: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060820061155AAI0FKT

....and then I tought the story with "rain-man" was a joke, untill I found this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/036615_Oregon_rainwater_permaculture.html

[video]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1761129825001/[/video]

.....it's time to f*ck off to another planet.

Chris

I'll come with you to that new planet!
The difference between lawful & legal. Lawful is basically common law, the law of the land...whilst legal is man mad laws..statutes/acts, which in the UK are ONLY given the force of law by consent of the governed! Bottom line, if you do NOT consent, they do NOT apply.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. "
Thomas Jefferson

Very true & thats whats gone wrong with this planet!!!

How about this then guys:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PDeK6rprA4&feature=player_embedded

Ross

Macsgrafs

i'll come if that guy with the free energy motor comes

Just search youtube for "free energy", there is so much out there. A few weeks ago I went to London with the family, my 10 year old daughter bought a digital clock powered by water!!!!!!

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
i had one powered by potato back in the mid 70's

were getting burned......... you guys should see my power bill if ya know what i mean. we use 4000kwh+ a month... i think that's how its said...... big bill

Macsgrafs

i had one powered by potato back in the mid 70's

were getting burned......... you guys should see my power bill if ya know what i mean. we use 4000kwh+ a month... i think that's how its said...... big bill

That's a serious grow you got there ;) HPS are a bit on the high side to run ;) ;)

Loved your video over the river & around the reeds, wicked flying.

Ross