Black magic 4k camera? Anyone got one or tested on multirotor?

divertom80

So I am ordering a cinestar 8 360 and looking at cameras. The Black Magic 4k (2.5k sensor) has just been released for just over £2000 and can take canon and zeiss lenses! So just wondering if anyone out there has tried one aboard a multirotor? I have heard the rolling shutter is questionable but that was not aboard a multirotor.

3dheliguy

O question for Lanzar... Looking to run the wookong system on my Cinestar, after careful consideration, but I was wondering what ESCs are a good match for this system, running solid copper distro board, with QC 3328 ,motors, and thinking of using Maytech ESCs 60 amp for expandablility of bigger motors like KW8 and Kw10 in the future.

Lanzar

50 amps would do it also since both motors peak from 30 to 35. Kw8 will be out off stock soon if ppl will keep asking for them. we will order next batch but might take time again. othervise this setup has proven good for more than 3kg setup easy.

3dheliguy

Sweet Lanzar, with this setup what do think I'm going to be getting with gh2 small 25mm wide angle and 2 8000 mah 5 cells. Flying time that is?

Lanzar

Sweet Lanzar, with this setup what do think I'm going to be getting with gh2 small 25mm wide angle and 2 8000 mah 5 cells. Flying time that is?

2x 8000 5s in my opinion is wrong battery. too heavy for your motors and too much rpm for 5s on props. 2 batt are 2.2kg and that is too much. i woulg go 4s 5800 2x.

3dheliguy

Hmm, I'm sure your right just out of curiosity wouldnt the motors and speed controllers get pretty warm carrying 3.KG weight with those packs. I'm just thinking of current that would the speed controllers would want to draw and the level of resistance in the battery.

If this is a good setup what kind of flight times do think I could attain with a fs100 or 5d with these batteries.

3dheliguy

O and I love the whole battery war going on between manufacturers , and I understand quality build on batteries, but not from the 4s world in Multis. Any good battery you recommend?

iscorama

2x 8000 5s in my opinion is wrong battery. too heavy for your motors and too much rpm for 5s on props. 2 batt are 2.2kg and that is too much. i woulg go 4s 5800 2x.
2x8000 5s zippy are heavier 418gr than 2x8000 4s. You think that weight of 418gr more is enought reason to stay away from 5s?

Lanzar

Hmm, I'm sure your right just out of curiosity wouldnt the motors and speed controllers get pretty warm carrying 3.KG weight with those packs. I'm just thinking of current that would the speed controllers would want to draw and the level of resistance in the battery.

If this is a good setup what kind of flight times do think I could attain with a fs100 or 5d with these batteries.

5d or fs100 3kg weight. on what motor are we talking now. i said 5s is not for qc motors with that frame. and 2kg is max safe payload. with 1x 8000 4s battery. if you want 2 batt. then 2x 5800 since weight is an issue. Kw 8 is 5s ofc. and 3 kg easy payload.

3dheliguy

Lanzar this is what im thinking. Need feedback on what will work for a more expandible solution.

Current thinking:

CS8
CS 360
Maytech ESC 60 Amp for expandibility, unless better solution for weight, and distribution. also something that is pretty much plug and play
Custom Distro Board solid copper drilled to fit EC5 connectors for 100 amp rating.
QC3328, but looking for something that might be better for heavy lift.
Radian Gimbal system all axis
Mondo Stinger transmitter 5.8
Xoar 14" props.
Plus some recievers and misc etc.

Looking to buil for multiple purpose, such as 7D to fs 700. Not looking to carry red.

Let me know what you think. and how this thing should be built?