Photohigher skyline rsgs

danje

Here's some raw footage we took last week tuning the Skyline some more. I suggest you turn off sound to get a better feel for it.
Except for some minor jitter on tilt, we were ok with the results.

http://vimeo.com/62449296

Password for access is: gopro

Hello My name is Benjamin and am from Spain follow this forum since he should buy av200 and skyline rsgs, am driven to despair by the bad results of this gimbal and his electronics, in addition them of photohigher they do not give me after-sales service, the response from them to many Post is brendon this solving the error, it is not re-put I have become exhausted 1400 Euros in a material that should work and it is not like that. I have the gains in 100-140 and continue with jitter
Post photohigher:
Hi Benjamin,

I am really sorry that you are experiencing these issues with our RSGS.

Here is a link for the v1.7beta1 firmware: http://photohigher.co.nz/assets/Uploads/SkylineSoftware1.7beta1.zip

Here is a link for some instructional videos that shows the Skylines designer Brendon setting up the RSGS: http://vimeo.com/user7164132

This is all I can offer until Brendon fixes the RSGS bugs.

Best Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

iconflyer

Awesome! I think with these sort of results and a very minor post stabilization you can achieve the same results as brushless gimbals such as the Z15 without having to pay $3500 and be limited to a specific camera. What gopro and which mode where you shooting in?

ATFlyer

Call me a skeptic but I wouldn't be surprised if PH turn their back on the RSGS Skyline & it's further development with brushless technology just around the corner.
Let's face it - they've been an awful company so far when it had the potential to be a game changer. Now it's almost obsolete where is the incentive?

even if they can make it work with their brushless gimbals, who in their right mind would invest?

SMP

Danje, Icon (and others by PM) thank you all for your help!!!

For what its worth I have now been able to get what appears to finally be a stable install of firmware 1.2 from 1001 copters. Will try to find the link as it seemed to be the only version of 1.2 that didn't result in a failed or buggy install.

I was fortunate? in that I had two skylines, two harnesses and a working skyline on a second bird. I troubleshot EVERYTHING, in every different combination. The answer?? Reinstalling software, try firmware upgrade, uninstall software, try firmware, uninstall software, FW, uninstall, FW...

Was it a bad harness, a bad connection, a bad servo, a bad harness, a bad skyline,m a bad servo?? NOPE - Just doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result (sounds familiar eh) BUT THAT WAS THE BLOODY ANSWER!

Didn't want to be this negative but that's not a solution!!

At least it's now functioning (did not say working) and I can now go back to trying to resolve the typical tuning issues on the AD6 and can start discovering the typical issues on the Jib.

The day a brushless comes out that can handle a DSLR+...

Av200 + skyline does not work, no version 1.6,1.2.2,1.1.7, I feel cheated. They should return our money by misleading advertising, lie in their videos. they have no way to solve the problem only are gaining time. Never again I will buy Photohigher. In Spain have put me in contact with shops and customers do not buy this product.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The day a brushless comes out that can handle a DSLR+...

... is not far away! I currently have a brushless on my Cinestar that does a superb job with my Nex 5n mounted, larger systems capable of handling DSLR are in development now, just need an upgrade to the controller board to handle the greater current draw of larger motors and the appropriate larger motors themselves. There is already a selection of brushless gimbal motors offered for sale by a couple companies with more on the way and several projects developing driver boards.

The Nex version of BL gimbal I'm using cost $550 and it rivals a Zenmuse in terms of stability without all the cost and limitations of the DJI platform, I expect the DSLR version to be comparable in terms of price and ease of use. I would expect the larger gimbals to be in $1000 range +/- $200 and available to purchase before the end of the year, quite possibly by mid summer.

Ken

servicky

Just finished up skyline rsgs and av130 for a customer. First rsgs was quite a learning curve.. But got it going.... If anyone still having trouble let me know if i can help in any way... Still a little shaky....
etc
etc
etc
on gains....

anyone else wanna chime in???

servicky

Attachments

• carbon core hex 650_1765.jpg
    carbon core hex 650_1765.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 398

... is not far away! I currently have a brushless on my Cinestar that does a superb job with my Nex 5n mounted,....

I am sure i am not the only one interested in anything you can share about that setup. Is the brushless motor mounted straight on the stabilized axis or reduced? Any video?
Thanks

iconflyer

What are common solutions to the AV130 tilt jitters? My skylines work ok, roll is perfect on both the AV130 and AV200 but tilt works ok on the AV200 only...the AV130 jitter on roll at anything higher than 90 which is too little to provide any compensation. Camera is balanced horizontally and vertically(slightly bottom heavy but holds tilt position)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
PH are at NAB again this year.. ANyone local that could take a jittery or none functioning RSCG to them so they can show how good they are!

I really cannot believe this has not been resolved yet.

I am not sure how to do it but we could start a pole on working great, working sort of, working but rubbish to just not working.

Then send results to PH.. but I doubt they would be bothered. It really does begger belief they have not sorted this yet. I had mine working quite nice then yesterday it just threw a hissy fit and locked out. Three power down power ups and it worked. As Pete said OK for stills but rubbish for video.

I am thinking I will just have to bite the bulit and go Radian on my SJLX4

Dave