New GoPro Tilt and roll gimbal

Aeroxcraft

Well, I'm still getting quite a bit of twitching using my Naza even with the 3156 servos. Everything is smooth with no binding and I don't have any slop anywhere. I'll post a video of my problem as soon as it uploads to Youtube. You can even hear the servos twitching after I land. It seems like it gets worse as the flight goes on too. I'm pretty sure it's not the gimbal but the Naza causing the problem.

Here is a video without the gimbal to show how smooth the quad normally is.

I'm pretty sure that's shortage of power to the servos. You must not power them using the WKM or Naza. I power mine using a Turnigy 6V 3A ubec, the ubec powered by either the balance lead of the main flight pack or a separate small lipo.

p0005_05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

That looks heavy. This is the gopro mount for the F1. it comprises of just two brackets that weigh just 10 grams. It is stabilised by a AMP-2 special edition that I have been working on and is in a different world. It has speed and accuracy. No prop.wash. View attachment 3566View attachment 3567

Attachments

• Gopro Mount-1.jpg
    Gopro Mount-1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 390
  • GoPro Mount-2.jpg
    GoPro Mount-2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 585

rcmike

I'm pretty sure that's shortage of power to the servos. You must not power them using the WKM or Naza. I power mine using a Turnigy 6V 3A ubec, the ubec powered by either the balance lead of the main flight pack or a separate small lipo.

p0005_05.jpg

I tried using a BEC as well and it still did it. My gains are at 20 for pitch and 25 for roll. I can lower them down to about 10 and it pretty much goes away but I don't have much travel then.

Aeroxcraft

I tried using a BEC as well and it still did it. My gains are at 20 for pitch and 25 for roll. I can lower them down to about 10 and it pretty much goes away but I don't have much travel then.
That's got me stumped. I have both gains set at 23, limits 1000, 0 , -1000. Wiring as above.

You could try it after disconnecting one or the other servo to try and narrow down the problem.

rcmike

I'm about to head to Gatlinburg for a convention so it will have to wait until I get back. I noticed that some cheaper analog servos I have don't seem to do it when I plug them in. I might try those after I get back too.

JDM66

Hi,

Good job :nevreness:

Is it possible to have an F550 adapter for Aeroxraft GoPro Gimbal .

Your F550 landing gear will be available when and at what price, please?

thank's for support

jdm66

Aeroxcraft

Hi,

Good job :nevreness:

Is it possible to have an F550 adapter for Aeroxraft GoPro Gimbal .

Your F550 landing gear will be available when and at what price, please?

thank's for support

jdm66

Hi, The F550 legs should be available next week. If you PM me your email address I'll contact you when they're ready.

Thanks
Rob

rcmike

I was wondering if the 550 gear would work. Do you have any pictures of them? My extended legs are just barely long enough if the ground is level but if the ground is uneven it can hit the gimbal. Of course I need to figure out my twitchy gimbal servo problem before I put it back on anyway.

Aeroxcraft

I was wondering if the 550 gear would work. Do you have any pictures of them? My extended legs are just barely long enough if the ground is level but if the ground is uneven it can hit the gimbal. Of course I need to figure out my twitchy gimbal servo problem before I put it back on anyway.
There's a pic of the F550 gear on the website now.
[url]http://www.aeroxcraft.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=20

I[/URL]'ve got a f450 frame on it's way to have a look at.

rcmike

Looks really good. It might be getting a little on the heavy side though for a F450 once you add the gimbal to it. Maybe I just need to upgrade. :D

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Nice looking landing gear setup, would work well on a lot of frames besides just the F550.

Ken

Aeroxcraft

New! - Landing Gear for DJI F550 for use with Aeroxcraft GoPro Gimbal.
£65.99 (GBP) - Shipping Worldwide

http://www.aeroxcraft.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20

DJI F550 Landing Gear Set
This Landing gear set allows you to use the Aeroxcraft GoPro Gimbal underneath and out front of your DJI F550 hexa. Your Lipo batteries are used as counterweights to balance the forward position of the camera gimbal. The included battery mounts also have a bracket for the DJI LED unit.

No modifications to your DJI F550 are required to attach the gear. Just bolt on using the supplied fittings and off you go.

Includes:
* All hardware and fittings required for assembly and attachment.
* Velcro Straps to secure lipo batteries.
* CNC G10 and Aluminium frame parts
* Comprehensive Assembly instructions.

Specification:
* G10 and aluminium construction.
* Weight: 170g

Notes:
* Full spares backup.
* Assembly required. Full instructions included.
* Gimbal not included, see gimbal product page.
* DOES NOT INCLUDE MOTORS, WIRING, ELECTRONICS OR RADIO
* Designed and Manufactured in the UK by AeroXcraft Ltd.

GOPRO, HERO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Woodman Labs, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
p0020.jpg

p0020_01.jpg

p0020_02.jpg

rcmike

I solved the gimbal servo twitching problem with the Naza. I bought a WKM. :nevreness: I haven't mounted the gimbal but I plugged it all in and got no twitching at all and the servos were silent unless they were moving. I am now considering selling the Naza controller and getting an F550 frame and getting the F550 gear for it.

Richk

Any chance of getting this to work with a JVC GZ-HM50. I really the the video from this camera and would like to find a good gimbal for it

rcmike

I FINALLY got to really use the gimbal last weekend. I upgraded to a F550 since the prices dropped on the DJI frames and had quite a bit more space and lifting ability. I didn't even adjust the gimbal settings in the Wookong because I was in a hurry to get it done and it worked very well. I have a regular FPV camera and the GoPro both hooked up to a video switcher. Yesterday afternoon there were storms nearby and it was a little windy on the ground but not too bad. I flew around some and then went up pretty high looking at the video output from the GoPro in the gimbal. I was looking around and then switched back to the FPV camera and it kinda freaked me out when the horizon was 30 degrees or so tilted due to all the wind up there. :D

I only had a little bit of jello while the gimbal was moving quite a bit like when I was changing directions or manually tilted the gimbal. I am wondering if it is vibration from the servos moving. If so, any ideas on how to stop it?

duminda

gimbal dimentions

can some one give me the dimentions of the camera mount? particularly the gopro mounting peace?
also does anyone know when the DSLR gimbal is coming out?