New GoPro Tilt and roll gimbal

Aeroxcraft

Crashing the Aeroxcraft Quad-670 with GoPro Camera Gimbal

Having a go at filming an old abandoned diesel roller and it all going wrong.

I glanced to the side at exactly the wrong moment and flew into the slope. 100% pilot error!

Damage report:
* Tilt servo gears stripped
* Roll axle bolt bent
* 3x propellers
* 2x motor bearings
* Landing gear spacer plates cracked.
* Scratched DJI GPS unit
* Dented pride.

The gimbal did it's job and the GoPro camera hasn't got so much as a scratch on it.

No video post stabilisation, just edited from raw footage.

Last edited by a moderator:

That was cool, what resolution did u have the gopro on. 1080 medium? Had very little fisheye look goin on i like it
Sent From my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Test flight, Aeroxcraft GoPro gimbal, Droidworx AD6 with Naza flight controller...

Works much better than any other direct drive GoPro gimbal I've used in stock form. One thing I think it needs is push/pull linkage on the roll axis, there is a difference in the motion when banking to the right vs to the left depending on if the single linkage is pushing or pulling on the cradle. The movement seems to be much smoother when the servo is pulling rather than pushing, a push/pull using two linkages would take care of that and is probably the one mod I'll make sooner rather than later.

Overall it's quite smooth with the Savox servos, it just needs a tiny bit more tweaking to make it as good as it can be. I used a spare set of the Droidworx L shaped gear rail brackets to mount the gimbal under the AD6, the outer hole spacing in the brackets is perfectly aligned with the mounting bolt spacing the gimbal comes with, doesn't get much easier than that!

Ken

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
That old roller looked like a good project for Salvage Squad:)

Notice you chickened out on flying through the cab:black_eyed:

I recognize Pendle Hill in the background ,is it Burnley (Hapton) way?

Aeroxcraft

That old roller looked like a good project for Salvage Squad:)

Notice you chickened out on flying through the cab:black_eyed:

I recognize Pendle Hill in the background ,is it Burnley (Hapton) way?
It'd be great to drive it around though it's definitely in need of some attention. It looked like it would fit through the cab maybe. I think it's now one of those challenges to be conquered later. It's above Worsthorne, a great place up there, I'm always happiest when up in the hills.

leopold1

Test flight, Aeroxcraft GoPro gimbal, Droidworx AD6 with Naza flight controller...

Works much better than any other direct drive GoPro gimbal I've used in stock form. One thing I think it needs is push/pull linkage on the roll axis, there is a difference in the motion when banking to the right vs to the left depending on if the single linkage is pushing or pulling on the cradle. The movement seems to be much smoother when the servo is pulling rather than pushing, a push/pull using two linkages would take care of that and is probably the one mod I'll make sooner rather than later.

Overall it's quite smooth with the Savox servos, it just needs a tiny bit more tweaking to make it as good as it can be. I used a spare set of the Droidworx L shaped gear rail brackets to mount the gimbal under the AD6, the outer hole spacing in the brackets is perfectly aligned with the mounting bolt spacing the gimbal comes with, doesn't get much easier than that!

Ken

Which savox servo's are you using?

tstrike

pendejo grande
Finally got mine mounted to my f450...
thanks again to Rob@aeroxcraft for the quick response to questions I had.

Aeroxcraft

Aeroxcraft Quad-670 - Now on Sale

£199.99 (GBP) - Shipping Worldwide

http://www.aeroxcraft.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=7

p0007.jpg

Designed primarily for use with the DJI Wookong M, the Aeroxcraft Quad-670 has a dedicated place for all the major WKM components. Under the dome the controller plate has places for the Main Controller, IMU, PMU and for your radio RX. On the rear of the frame is a place to mount your DJI GPS/Compass unit, with the ability to fine tune it's direction. Under the Quad, on the rear battery plate there is a mounting bracket for the DJI LED unit, which solves the problem of seeing the unit whilst in flight.

Not everyone wants to use the DJI WKM, luckily the Quad-670 will work with any other suitable multirotor controller. There is a custom mounting plate available for the Aeroquad Sheild 2.0. Contact us if you require this.

This quad was designed to compliment the Aeroxcraft GoPro Gimbal. The GoPro Gimbal sits right out front allowing your GoPro HD to take great footage without getting the Quad-670 in shot. The flight batteries are use to counter balance the weight of the camera allowing you to make sure the center of gravity is in the correct place.

The motor mounts will take motors up to 35mm in diameter, including Axi 2814/22 and Park480 1020kv.

There is a gimbal for compact cameras in development that will also be fully compatible with the Quad-670 multirotor.

Specifications:
670mm span (motor to motor)
G10 frame and aluminium booms.
All hardware included.

Includes:
* All hardware and fittings.
* A2 Stainless screws and nuts.
* CNC G10 and Aluminium frame parts
* Comprehensive Assembly instructions.

Example of a typical setup:
DJI Wookong M
E-flite Park 480 1020kv motors
Graupner Elektro Props - 11x5
2x ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 3S1P 20C lipo batteries
GoPro Gimbal
All up weight including batteries and camera 2700g. Flight time 12 minutes.

Notes:
* Assembly required. Full instructions included.
* Gimbal not included, see gimbal product page.
* DOES NOT INCLUDE MOTORS, WIRING, ELECTRONICS OR RADIO
* Designed and Manufactured in the UK by AeroXcraft Ltd.

GOPRO, HERO are trademarks or registered trademarks of Woodman Labs, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

p0007_01.jpg

p0007_02.jpg

p0007_03.jpg

p0007_05.jpg

p0007_06.jpg

p0007_07.jpg

Aeroxcraft

Rear View - Aeroxcraft Quad-670 with GoPro Camera Gimbal

In this video I mounted the gimbal facing backwards to get a shot of the underside of the Quad-670. It really shows how much work the gimbal is doing in flight.

Also in the video I'm trying out the AXi 2814/22 motors with 13"x6.5 APC props and 2x 4000mah 4s lipos. This quad has some serious lifting power now.

Spec:
Aeroxcraft Quad-670 multirotor
Aeroxcraft GoPro Hero Tilt & Roll camera gimbal
Tilt & Roll servos - Futaba S3156 Digital
DJI Wookong M
4x AXi 2814/22 motors
4x APC - 13x6.5 props
2x Turnigy 4000mAh 4S1P 20C lipo batteries
4x Hobbywing Pentium 40amp ESC

rcmike

I got the mounting plates for the 3156 servos today. Just in time for my trip to Gatlinburg tomorrow! Hopefully I'll get them installed tonight and tested. If not, I'll have something to keep me occupied in the hotel room.

rcmike

Well, I'm still getting quite a bit of twitching using my Naza even with the 3156 servos. Everything is smooth with no binding and I don't have any slop anywhere. I'll post a video of my problem as soon as it uploads to Youtube. You can even hear the servos twitching after I land. It seems like it gets worse as the flight goes on too. I'm pretty sure it's not the gimbal but the Naza causing the problem.

Here is a video without the gimbal to show how smooth the quad normally is.

Aeroxcraft

Well, I'm still getting quite a bit of twitching using my Naza even with the 3156 servos. Everything is smooth with no binding and I don't have any slop anywhere. I'll post a video of my problem as soon as it uploads to Youtube. You can even hear the servos twitching after I land. It seems like it gets worse as the flight goes on too. I'm pretty sure it's not the gimbal but the Naza causing the problem.

Here is a video without the gimbal to show how smooth the quad normally is.

Hi, that's not good. How are you powering the servos? Also, what gains have you got in the Naza gimbal settings?