My brushless gimbal result

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Awesome. Looks great!

Couple of questions:

1) Are you planning on releasing a larger size for Gh3/T2i sized cameras?
2) Will you sell the gimbal without the alexmos board? If so, what's the price for everything but the controller board?

1. Yes, I will work on it when I get back.
2. Yes, Nex5 gimbal can sell without Alex board, 425.00 without SimpleBGC board.

jcmonty

1. Yes, I will work on it when I get back.
2. Yes, Nex5 gimbal can sell without Alex board, 425.00 without SimpleBGC board.

Great! Thanks for the answers.

Excited to see what you come up with for the larger cameras. Keep up the good work

GotHeliRC

No, the other vid you have on your website starting at about 1:07.

That was before fine tunning. Horizon test video is the latest one. Alex is working on s new firnware to make it even better. He saidhe will make sure his controller stay ahead in feature and function. As we all know the clonning is probably already happening.

tombrown1

That was before fine tunning. Horizon test video is the latest one. Alex is working on s new firnware to make it even better. He saidhe will make sure his controller stay ahead in feature and function. As we all know the clonning is probably already happening.

Great. Thanks!

ArmBGC

Attachments

• IMG_4377.jpg
    IMG_4377.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_4374.jpg
    IMG_4374.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 383
  • ArmBGC_V2_L.jpg
    ArmBGC_V2_L.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 249

Mactadpole

Will it be possible to mount a Sony RX100 with mini-hdmi out the bottom to the plate that comes with the Gothelirc VX5N brushless gimbal?

Also, will it allow for manual tilt control from an MK or HFP FC?

Thanks, Shawn

View attachment 10189

Attachments

• Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-Review-bottom_tour.jpg
    Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-Review-bottom_tour.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:

GotHeliRC

I guess people like to poke in to whatever thread they want to advertise. But forum is a free world, what can I say? Obviously there will be better and cheaper products coming out daily. But my intention is only sell it to a small community here and to give the best support I can for those who deserve it. Why do you think I do not post any thread on rcgroups about my gimbal? Because I felt I like it here better and most of the guys here deserve it. :)

Shawn, I look at the size dimension of the RX100 101x58x36mm, it will definitely fit. but the HDMI is coming out on the bottom? that's weird. Without the camera it's hard to tell how much modification it take to make it to work. But I think changing the bottom plate can make it work. but I need the camera. :) As you have to see with the lens sticking out and where about it sit to CG it.

Yes, Alex board have 4 input.

FC (Roll, Tilt) it take in your flight controller gimbal output as a reference to help aid horizon. (not necessary, I myself have not use it)
TX (Roll, Tilt) this you can input your RX or a separate RX input, does not need for roll or tilt unless you want to control it.

You can also adjust speed for both tilt and roll control.

ary

You just turn many MC junkies head, great stuff. We are eagerly wait to try on our birds.
FYI, please paint it 'profesional' black. Some of our birds dont like orange 'claw' :tennis:

Mactadpole

I guess people like to poke in to whatever thread they want to advertise. But forum is a free world, what can I say? Obviously there will be better and cheaper products coming out daily. But my intention is only sell it to a small community here and to give the best support I can for those who deserve it. Why do you think I do not post any thread on rcgroups about my gimbal? Because I felt I like it here better and most of the guys here deserve it. :)

Shawn, I look at the size dimension of the RX100 101x58x36mm, it will definitely fit. but the HDMI is coming out on the bottom? that's weird. Without the camera it's hard to tell how much modification it take to make it to work. But I think changing the bottom plate can make it work. but I need the camera. :) As you have to see with the lens sticking out and where about it sit to CG it.

FC (Roll, Tilt) it take in your flight controller gimbal output as a reference to help aid horizon. (not necessary, I myself have not use it)
TX (Roll, Tilt) this you can input your RX or a separate RX input, does not need for roll or tilt unless you want to control it.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have an RX100 and a GH2; but I really like the RX100 because of its size, impressive images, and the fact that it will fit on the brushless gimbals. It is stupid where they put the hdmi out though! Maybe I'll just sell the GH2 and get a Nex 5n. I am mostly doing stills for remote sensing applications but want to do more video. I'll have to go look at the GH2 vs. NEX 5n comparisons again. :-(

Shawn

This gimbal will have a manual tilt function so I can aim the gimbal down toward the ground but still retain the tilt stability? Is the HDMI cable with the right angle for the Nex 5n available on your site?

Yes, it can do 360degree if the cable can turn with it. so it's only the restriction of the cables.

Sorry, no 90degree or cable on our site yet.

If you're using 18-55mm lens, you can go with this. http://www.hypershop.com/HyperThin-World-s-Thinnest-Most-Flexible-HDMI-Ca-p/htm08-black.htm

For the 16mm lens, I have not found a 90degree adapter that work for sure yet... sorry.

Thanks! Aren't you supposed to be on vacation? :frog: Hey I'm ready to order a complete gimbal with controller and motors as well as DJI 550. Any idea when you will have stock on GPS and/or Graupner 8x5 rights? The gimbal and 550 will ship between 3/19-21?

I am going to be using the 16mm so I'll have to find a right angle cable

Last edited by a moderator:

GotHeliRC

Haha! tried too.

The order is stacking up, I mean stackingggg up! :) I will surely try to ship out the gimbal as soon as I can, but the gimbal is still not built, I have to build every single one. But will ship it out in order that was received.

Naza GPS will have it in stock Monday or Tuesday. Graupner 8 right, not sure yet.