Motor Bearing Press Tool

rotorvista

I have Tmotor MN4012-13 and they have 2 different size bearings. One is 5x11x5 the other is 5x16x5. This tool would be handy hope you broaden your range to include a tool for this size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I have Tmotor MN4012-13 and they have 2 different size bearings. One is 5x11x5 the other is 5x16x5. This tool would be handy hope you broaden your range to include a tool for this size.

Ian,

The plan is to expand the line of tools and it will probably get done when the current batch runs out and I have to go to the shop to have more made. It shouldn't be too long, maybe this winter. I'll also be adding bearings at some point, already have the supplier lined up.

Bart

Naterpin

Nate,
Yes, lots of them in both sizes, 3mm ID x 8mm OD and 4mm ID x 11mm OD...the 4mm tool was recently used to press bearings in on a motor with 6mm ID x 11mm OD bearings. Since the OD was the same he was able to make it work.

Please go to www.Aerdro.com to order. Please let me know if you have any problems with the website.

Thanks!
Bart

Bart do you not ship to Canada?

Bartman

Bart do you not ship to Canada?

Yes I do but the website doesn't seem to like how I've set it up. The international rate is $28.50 for the tool, clips & washers, and shipping. Paypal to bart@aerdro.com if you'd like one and just let me know what size. I'll keep working on getting the site to do this correctly.

Thanks!
Bart

AEA737

Hi Bart.
Are you still in business or on vacation? I made my payment via PayPal and emailed you days ago.
Waiting for your response.
Javier

Bartman

Hi Bart.
Are you still in business or on vacation? I made my payment via PayPal and emailed you days ago.
Waiting for your response.
Javier

Javier,

Yes I'm still here and your package was sent this past week. I'd expect it to arrive by you sometime this coming week.

Not on vacation but we did move my in-laws (mother-in-law messed up her feet stumbling down some stairs) into our house last weekend so it's been crazy here! Sorry I didn't catch your email. Things should be returning to normal in another week or two when they head home.

Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Barts tool works very well. I just replaced 3 bearings and without this tool I damaged ALL of my new bearings installing them with the tool I tried making myself(and I am supposedly a metal fabricator). it is very easy to mess these things up and you only want to seat them flush and not force anything! I havent used it for a while now but really appreciated how easy it made the install.

I also have a few tips for how I feel out bad NEW bearings. I use barts shaft of the tool and I roll the bearing on a clean surface and feel/listen for ANYTHING other than perfect. After i install the good bearing I use the shaft from the motor bell housing itself and stick it in the bearing just a little and spin it. It's real obvious when they are bad. If you feel ANYTHING rattle, bump or roll.....toss it. It only gets worse once you start flying. Dont lubricate anything! Check for magnetic crap before doing your final install. Use new washers and E-clips every time. It is suprising how many bad NEW bearings I have bought. Buy lots of extras. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heliskope

I'm also interested in purchasing a tool. Does anyone know if Bart still makes these? or if there is a better alternative?

cdrking

Bart,

Does this tool press the bearings on the O.D. of the outer race or does it push on the entire bearing? In other works does it have a rim/lip on the pressing face of the face of the tool?

Thanks,

Jeff

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Bartman,
Do you still sell these and will they work with the T-Motor 4012 - 11 400KV motors?
Thanks.

I've had a few prototypes of this tool made and they've been used successfully by myself and others. An order is expected to arrive on or before Nov. 2 at which time I'll begin shipping orders.

This tool is for the Tiger 2814, 3506, 4006, 4008 models of motors but will fit any motor with 11mm OD by 4mm ID bearings.

There is also a smaller version of this tool available for Tiger 2216 and 2212 motors which use the smaller bearings.

See the video demonstrating how to use the tool, HERE

Discussion thread, HERE

View attachment 9283

Included with the tool will be 20 replacement snap rings and 20 replacement washers.

Black anodized aluminum press blocks and stainless steel hardware.

3mm or 4mm ID tool pricing (revised):

$24.50 shipped in the US
$28.50 shipped international

Please make payment via paypal to barchiola@gmail.com and that will also serve as your order. If I have any questions about your order I'll email you at the address associated with your paypal address.

Thank you,
Bart
US Drones, LLC
website coming soon!

Bartman

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been quicker to reply here. I've got a lot of parts remaining to make a lot more of these tools but I'm not home at the moment so I can't answer questions.
I'll pull everything out when I get home Monday night and will post dimensions and stuff then.
Thanks,
Bart

Heliskope

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been quicker to reply here. I've got a lot of parts remaining to make a lot more of these tools but I'm not home at the moment so I can't answer questions.
I'll pull everything out when I get home Monday night and will post dimensions and stuff then.
Thanks,
Bart
Hey Bart, just sent you a PM, still looking for the tool if you have some available. QC 3328 Motors