XAircraft Need some help from Xaircraft X650 Owners

BIGTACO

Hello all. I am in the process of designing a gizmo to work along with the X650 line of multirotors. Going on sale sometime spring 2013. Currently I have it designed to fit the DJI F550 but want to adapt it to work with the X650 also. My problem is I dont own a X650!

Anyways looking for some dimensions :)

1) Diameter (OD) of carbon rods that run front to aft. The ones that landing gear and gimbals connect to...
2) Separation distance of these two rods? Center to center.
3) Separation distance of the stock xaircraft X650 landing gear. From the inner edge of front set to the inner edge of the rear set...
4) Distance from the bottom of the rods that run front to aft to the floor. Basically how much space exists under the craft.

Also a close up picture of the underside of this craft will REALLY help me out too! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Fit101

Rods: .390 dia
Rods center to center: 2.242
Landing gear measurement front to back is difficult due to how much flex is in the materials used. But figure approximately 6.10
Bottom of rods to ground is approximately 6.75

By the way, all measurements are in inches.

Kilby

If you are making a product for the x650, I'd research XAircraft a little bit first. They seem to possibly be coming to an end of the X650 product line. There is very little activity on the product, and some people are reporting replacement parts as hard to come by. I don't know the details, but it's worth looking into before spending all winter working on upgrades for an obsolete product.

BIGTACO

Huh. Well thanks for the heads up. If this model X650 is on the outs, does Xaircraft make a model that is actively supported?

If you are making a product for the x650, I'd research XAircraft a little bit first. They seem to possibly be coming to an end of the X650 product line. There is very little activity on the product, and some people are reporting replacement parts as hard to come by. I don't know the details, but it's worth looking into before spending all winter working on upgrades for an obsolete product.

Kilby

I haven't seen much movement from XAircraft at all lately, to be honest. I know they were working on an H-6, but from what I understand that design is patented and I'm not sure how they would be able to bring it to market. I'm by no means the authority on this matter, but I did by an X650 last year and somewhat follow the discussions on some of the other boards. I've seen nothing but tumble weeds lately though.

Jay Cee

That's a bummer. I just bought a X650 frame...=[