Motor Bearing Press Tool

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
g,
i've got a 3515 on the bench, i'll take a look at it in the morning and get back to you.

bart

Hey Gary:
Yeah. It's confusing. I'm not sure which the correct bearing size is for the QC3328's yet, either -- and I've not been able to determine which is the closest equivalent to the QC3328 (I don't know whose motors the QC3328's really are).

Andy.

PaNt

Hey Gary:
Yeah. It's confusing. I'm not sure which the correct bearing size is for the QC3328's yet, either -- and I've not been able to determine which is the closest equivalent to the QC3328 (I don't know whose motors the QC3328's really are).

Andy.

Andy the motor is TIger.. its the same and the tool of bart is ok for this Motor..!

Its a great tool BTW i have it!!

Bartman

The Tiger MT-3515 bearings are 13mm Outside Diameter by 5mm Inside Diameter so the 4mm or 3mm tools wouldn't work.

Andy the motor is TIger.. its the same and the tool of bart is ok for this Motor..!

Its a great tool BTW i have it!!

Do you happen to know which model of Tiger, Gary?
I calipered the end of the QC-3328 shaft (well, as much of it as I could get to) at 3.93 mm, so call it 4 mm. The OD of the bearing is 11 mm.

Thanks
Andy.

ghaynes

Andy the closest Tiger motor is the 2814-11. Case sizes all match, bit different on some of the specs. That is what I plug into ecalc for reference.

Bartman

Andy the closest Tiger motor is the 2814-11. Case sizes all match, bit different on some of the specs. That is what I plug into ecalc for reference.

Gary,

Those differences you see in the specs are just a twist on the charts they publish. Depending on props, batteries, RPM's, etc. the watts and amps quoted will be different and I think they each pick a different number to give the impression there's a difference between each model of motor when there actually isn't.

So long as the bearings are 4mmX11mmX4mm the tool will work.

Bart

meme

Bart, do you have the small tool for the MT 2216 on Stock? And! Can you deliver also the bearings?

thanks, meme

Bartman

Meme,

I have the 3mm tools available. I don't stock bearings though, check clubheli.com, they usually have them in stock.

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

Hello everyone. These are still available and ready to ship.

International shipping has gone up, prices will stay the same a little longer.

Video demo is posted in the first post of the thread.

Thanks,
Bart

SMP

Hi Bart,

Gonna love this one... Do you happen to have a tool(s) that will play nice for Axi 2812 and 4120 and... DJI stock 2212? (Bought bearings and don't mind trying a swap. If not, no big deal as will be tossing these in the trash as i crash em to death) ;)

Paypal work??

Bartman

Hi Bart,

Gonna love this one... Do you happen to have a tool(s) that will play nice for Axi 2812 and 4120 and... DJI stock 2212? (Bought bearings and don't mind trying a swap. If not, no big deal as will be tossing these in the trash as i crash em to death) ;)

Paypal work??

The tools fit bearings with an 11mmOD/4mmID and 8mmOD/3mmID which, I believe, does include the DJI 2212 using the smaller one. I'm not as familiar with the Axi 2812 or 4120, you can either send one of each to me in NJ and I'll give them a look or you can take a look and let me know what the dimensions of the bearings are. I've been asked about the larger bearings on the Tiger MT3515, which also will work for the larger Navigator series motors, and I'm going to include that size with the next production run. At that point I'll also put together a tray with all of the sizes included, maybe with a supply of bearings included.

Sending out three more today.

Bart

Bartman

Nate,
Yes, lots of them in both sizes, 3mm ID x 8mm OD and 4mm ID x 11mm OD...the 4mm tool was recently used to press bearings in on a motor with 6mm ID x 11mm OD bearings. Since the OD was the same he was able to make it work.

Please go to www.Aerdro.com to order. Please let me know if you have any problems with the website.

Thanks!
Bart