Motor Bearing Press Tool

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've had a few prototypes of this tool made and they've been used successfully by myself and others. An order is expected to arrive on or before Nov. 2 at which time I'll begin shipping orders.

This tool is for the Tiger 2814, 3506, 4006, 4008 models of motors but will fit any motor with 11mm OD by 4mm ID bearings.

There is also a smaller version of this tool available for Tiger 2216 and 2212 motors and DJI F450/550 stock motors which use the smaller bearings.

See the video demonstrating how to use the tool, HERE

Discussion thread, HERE

View attachment 7137

Included with the tool will be 20 replacement snap rings and 20 replacement washers.

Black anodized aluminum press blocks and stainless steel hardware.

3mm or 4mm ID tool pricing (revised):

$26.50 shipped in the US
$30.50 shipped international

Please make payment via paypal to barchiola@gmail.com and that will also serve as your order. If I have any questions about your order I'll email you at the address associated with your paypal address.

Thank you,
Bart

Attachments

• DSC03881.jpg
    DSC03881.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 706
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Update:

First run of parts is complete and in the mail to me. Shipping to commence ASAP. I've got enough parts to make 50 tools for each size of motor, aluminum press blocks are anodized black.

Bart

Bartman

I've got parts in hand and will try to begin shipping this week. My only challenge at this point is a lack of internet and power in my house so everything is being done in slow motion.

I have parts for both sizes of motors and will expand on all of the information this week. I'm also expecting to be able to lower the price due to clarification on pricing from the shop that made the parts.

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman

Revised pricing for both the 3mm and 4mm tools

$24.50 shipped in the US
$28.50 shipped international

Both tools are available and will begin shipping by the end of this week.

To order send payment to barchiola@paypal.com, if I have any questions about your order I'll email you at the address used for your paypal account.

Thanks,
Bart

kloner

Aerial DP
nice set Bart.... love how the extra parts your gonna loose and destroy even come with it. There is nothing more important changing bearings than handling the new ones right and this foolproofs it

Bartman

Thanks Kloner. For such a simple little tool, a lot of thought has gone into it. The nylon spacers are for pressing bearings into the flatter (aka "pancake") motors.

I should have mentioned that dealer inquiries are welcome. Now to finally get the frames, camera mounts, and website done!

Bart

Bartman

All orders shipped Thursday or Saturday so we're all caught up. Thanks!

Bart

Hi Bart:
Is your tool available for the QC-3328 motors, please?. I believe they take a 4 x 11 x 4 mm bearings.

If I may, I'll post your response on the forum.freeflysystems.com .

Thanks
Andy

Bartman

Andy,
Yes the tool will work with those motors. Are those motors the same overall dimensions as the Tiger 2814's or are they more like the larger 3515's?
Feel free to post this wherever you'd like.
Thanks!
Bart

The word I'm getting is: "I can tell you the MT3515's are a lot larger then the QC3328s..."
I'll see if I can find out about the 3328's wrt to the Tiger 2814s.

Thanks
Andy.

Bartman

I can get you the dimensions for the 2814 and 3515 motors. I supply a 50mm bolt for the press tool and I'm pretty sure it isn't long enough for the 3515 motors. it's good for the 2814 (and equivalents) and anything shorter using the included nylon spacers.

Thanks,
Bart

Thanks for the super-prompt service, Bart.

Do you have any on-line documentation to help those of us who are newbies to the bearing changing business, please?

Thanks
Andy.

Bartman

Thanks for the order Andy. Here's the video I made showing how it's done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4NvWqkvx3k

Just make sure the recessed side of the press blocks face in towards the motor. The recesses prevent any force from being applied to the inner race of the bearing.

Regards,
Bart

Ohhh....it's soooo nice to see well lit video with good audio....
Thanks -- that video is just what I need. Good job!

I'll post a link to this thread, details of the tool and the video over on forum.freeflysystems.com -- I just need to get the some ceramic bearings from Boca Bearings and run through the procedure myself.

Andy.

ghaynes

According to the Tiger Motor website 2814 has a 4mm dia shaft while the 3515 has a 5mm shaft. Tiger doesn't list the bearing diameter on their website.

Looked at Boca Bearings. Specs from their site for the 3515 are ID 4mm x OD 11mm x Width 4mm Dimensions. Specs from their site for the 2814 are the same. Which doesn't make much sense since you would think the ID would need to be 5mm. So I wonder if there is a typo on the Tiger site?