Kloners Disco, lets try this again

kloner

Aerial DP
pretty setup aint it

mines ready,,,, got the 2814's mounted up, 7000mah 4s, vroom. weighs 2140g with all 7000mah onboard

TBS Discovery w/ CORE
NAZA w/GPS
dji 30 amp opto
suppo 2814
graupner prop adapters
graupner 9x5
EZUHF
lawmate 1w 2.4
security2000 pixim 690 line
HERO2

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

kloner

Aerial DP
yea, i still can't understand whats what with that thing. pretty, but i really like my cheap futabe/ezuhf. works perfect and if it went in the water where i fly, no big deal. many miles range, etc.

kloner

Aerial DP
Well, got this gimble in my hand and i couldn't not mess with it. the gimble is really clean, super free, smooth and slop free. the servo i had around to try sucked, is a jr 8417 and by the numbers should have worked fine, but i've had it long enough to know about the flutter it has, seen it a zillion times and wouldn;t you know. It's like looking out the eyes of somebody in a seizure. So, ordered this one http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5995tg_servo.html that's the same thing i just put in my zephyr and liked it alot, plus it's a 180 degree throw. The only thing the ones on my zII do is there kinda loud, digital kinda loud, hopefully it won't mess with my video. anyways, without further abdue, i introduce frankensheep

133%20%281024x768%29_795.jpg

i.php

i.php

I'm committed to the end now

kloner

Aerial DP
by the way, had to make the ear plugs twice that long so when they collapsed, there was still some spring left to em.

tstrike

pendejo grande
I looked at that gimbal, the price is right that's for sure. You think you'll be able to counterbalance it?

kloner

Aerial DP
if you mean counterbalance the disco, it flew bitchen. if you mean counterbalance the gimble for the cam, no way in hell, the frame/core/video stuff is right there. 400 gram servo should be good enough if it'll center and move smooth. this turned into i'm flying through the gopro on this one again. It is heavy, so is that servo i ordered. seems really thick and overkill. need one of these in 1mm CF plate

tstrike

pendejo grande
I meant balance your disco front to back. You shouldn't need much torque to move that gopro. I tried mounting my gp on a rig way out front of my 450 and it was like having sex with a crisco covered whale-slippery and sloppy.

​no sexual acts were ever performed on any "living" sea creatures in the creation of this post.

kloner

Aerial DP
it wasn't bad. had the 4000mah 4s in back

weird cause when i pulled back to stop it does a little nod like you just leaned forward, etc. hopefully the other servo is easier to dial in than this one. at least i have a programer for the servo to adjust anything that needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
Wow man, that's like watching your old videos of you flying around your casa. You gonna be able to integrate your uber expensive space alien wizard anti vibe pad somehow?

kloner

Aerial DP
got another disco coming that i'll leave normal on front and use the pad on, hoping to put a cc3d if us normal people ever get to have one

That video was with the pad, but later i glued on the short tips, then pulled them off cause they compressed to nothing, then put half length ones and used the base instead of the tip of the plug and that supports it alot better. honestly, i like the ear plugs better, looks cleaner, works just as good. What we saw in that video was the servo being jittery (can't believe that was in a heli cyclic like that) and the gyro over compensating. when it sits there and you put a finger on it, it has a pulse if ya know what i mean

Tahoe Ed

I got mine in the air today. It was 107 and winds were 5-7 with higher gusts. It bounced the Disco around with the 10" graupners. I may try the 8" next time out. I used the green silicon pad and was happy with the isolation for the GoPro. I tried 720p and I am going back to 1080p. Narrower FOV and less distortion. It was so hot that the epoxy gave out on my Ground Station and it fell off the tripod breaking the helix antenna. I am sure I can CA it back together. I really wanted to fly FPV with the TBS 69 FPV camera. Oh well, next time.

kloner

Aerial DP
what a nice club you got there. massive runway. them 10's just come into view. I'd try a set of 9's. 8's even on a big motor feel like stock, doesn't use much for amps/watts

kloner

Aerial DP
I was less than impressed with this thing today. i think my gains need to go up and i need to recalibrate the gps cause it sucked today. don't know what happened, maybe adding the gimble changed the magnetic whatever. I tried flying it after this in 20-25 winds and it was almost unflyable. i've never seen that before. tried to put it down the train track and i couldn't get the frigin thing near it...... weird.

Gonna spend my time working on gains tomorrow

70 amps, 15 volts 1050 watts. It was windy

kloner

Aerial DP
it doesn't at my house..... I have wifi and when i look at available wifi in range, i get 8...... live in a town of 8 million people, San Diego California