Kloners Disco, lets try this again

kloner

Aerial DP
The fpv gods shined a light on me yesterday and gave up my second Disco from customs. Got everything swapped over but this time it gets 2.4 video, no external osd and it gets the dji GPS. I sure hope this all works. heading down to painted gorge sunday to try this thing out. having the core pre installed sure was a good way to go. they do a great job placing the quads ticker in there. Still waiting on the board cam....... looking these over, need to clean up my rc wires just a hair more. this time ditched the servo connectors and soldered wires straight in to the board.

001 (1024x768)_795.jpg

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks great! What is that green stuff you used under and around your GoPro?

I have been toying with the idea of taking my GoPro out of it's case, but I crash enough that it makes me nervous :tennis:

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks guys

the green stuff is antivibration pad aka(jello free) from vibrationmounts.com. theres only one that works so if ya need the link, lmk. Tahoe ed is looking for somebody to split a sheet, it's $50ish for half

to fly without the case you want a layer lens, it's the thing on the gopro pictured. keeps your glass lens from your case but puts it on a light piece of plastic. You bail 100 grams or more. = longer flights

just got the ground station rigged enough to see what works and doesn't. probably wind up with the 3 turn helical and the crosshair, there just convienant and if made right should have plenty of range. 2.4 seems like the perfect size for cp antennas. not too big but big enough to have to some leeway. 5.8 is so small a thousandth off is a problem

broadwing

Hi Kloner,

You use green pad. The next video is one with yellow pad, patches. i'm interested in the comparising.
We also have green but not tested. Yes $$$ but good stuff.

We used hero2 without case or layered lens.

So green or yellow??

rgds
Koos Maring
www.broadwing.eu

kloner

Aerial DP
trappy said yellow for 700-900kv motors, green for 900-1000 and the next harder one, think blue for 1100-1300kv. they said they had the guy there figure out what dampened the vibes we have

yea, black esc's, the new dji30 amp.... it's all in the details
010g (1024x768)_795.jpg

j/k, they were just rewrapped, they came from you a few weeks ago, black arms, the 450 kit i stole all the bolts out of....... all from you

all i did so far is put around the house, but this was the green pad, 1000kv motors
you can see it wanting to jello at low rpm spooling up then it's gone. Obviously hitting the nail on the head

broadwing

Hi Kloner thanks for info.
We used last weeks standard DJI motor so yellow.
We want to upgrade.
W'il test both interesting subject.

We had watercrash so lost some elctronics.... and Hero2.

W'll make new plan and upgrade. Perhaps switch to Simonk esc.
Next week we will start again rebuilding. Motors still open.

W'i rebuild ne

rgds
Koos Mia

kloner

Aerial DP
mines been in the drink too, i fly over water almost exclusively. never lost anything but esc's. even had my hero2 in there soakin wet. I've found the trick is to let it dry good before getting power back in anything. hero takes a while, once it's not warm from having a battery put in it it'll work fine. if it's left to cook, well that's that. even the naza in this disco has been soaked, opened, dried and flown another day

motor choice depends what weight you want to carry, how much flight time you want, on what cell count and how fast you think you need it. smoother filming is usually 2212, more power is 28mm and lifts more weight but starts getting jumpier on a light frame, full blown as fast as you can go with power to spare 40mm...........

I've been really happy with the suppo brand like above, these are there 2810 1000kv with 8" graup on 4s..... hauls butt

broadwing

When the guys found it the Naza was stille working red led. As we needed the machine we started it to soon again an esc flashed. We open it next week but have spare in case of.
The Hero was working last week for a while and i left accu in. Next day warm and not working any more. w'll see. Bought for time being new one to start next week again.

Motors will see what we will choose but we need some more power, that was the problem. Let you now. I saw also nice model of RC tiger but that takes deliver time. Have some others one stock.
We will measure thrust before final set-up to optimise lift, flight time.

We did live streamig from FPV (1.2 ghz) during this event OK analog but good result on large ledscreen for public. I want to extend that :)

kloner

Aerial DP
Fired this thing up, got the osd in core all configured, what a treat, this things the $hit

takes 3-5 seconds for the gps to lock in, has 1 watt of 2.4 lawmate,,,,,,,, will be back sunday with a maiden report. So nice to not have gps/vtx issues, and that core, lemme tell ya. makes the 1 watt live in there no problem, no static/interference

tstrike

pendejo grande
SEXY BEAST!!! I look forward to the vids monday morning. Have a good weekend and may the gods of gravity favor you with perfect flight (and wear a lead cup the first time you fire up that canon of an antennae).

kloner

Aerial DP
after my first water flights, RC nut showed me a flotation deal that floats a kilo......... grabbed a couple and i shoulda done that a long time ago. $12 ea, not much bigger than a keychain cam, blows up a balloon and flashes a beacon inside the balloon for 24 hours. hopefully i'll never have to tell you how they work.

i.php

http://www.water-buoy.com/

kloner

Aerial DP
my old one has a couple pieces of velcro on it and weighs 6.3oz. thought i saw something about 470 gram in the thread at the lab

ChrisViperM

You are a man of style....cool looking rig you got there...Just watch out when you juice up that mean helix monster...could well be that the guys in the ISS are gonna see your FPV images...if NASA starts writing emails....duck and dive

Chris

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Nicely done Kloner. how do you find the GoPro to be for FPV flying? I'm about to put something together for fun/FPV flying and will also probably use my GoPro (with a slightly scratched lens).

Thanks,
Bart

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks. I like using it, but riving a couple hundred miles with all my hopes for 4 craft in one camera has me backpeddling to put board cams on everything.

couple things against

makes you want to film in 960 to get the SD frame
when the battery runs out you gotta stop and charge it

other than that it's fine. sucks in 1080 and 760 cause the top and bottom letterbox from 16:9

kloner

Aerial DP
heres that water buoy thing installed. Might paint it black, but am thinking a little color might be good for finding it later if she ever went away. Glued it on with contact adhesive like everything else..........

i.php

i.php

should blow out right over the camera and float the nose or at least become buoyant and flash