Kloners Disco, lets try this again

hjls3

yeppers, i have several hitec laying around. went ahead and ordered hitec version. I will be sharing my GoPro/550/tilt servo solutions with you soon....

ha ha,,, sorry dude. cheap enough entertainment. need a smooth cheap servo,,,,,,

kloner

Aerial DP
when i first read the disco thread there and saw that camera tilt i thought it was gonna be part of it. I get wire and servo connectors to make all my wires from servo city and when was checking out, saw that thing and instantly recognized it.....

look forward to hearing about it

Jessestr

Using separate BEC? Friend of mine can't get his servo working unless he uses separate bec.. wookong doesn't deliver enough power

kloner

Aerial DP
chris, did the first sentence mean you have the servo city tilt?

So last night i was swapping over to the 2214 motors and low and behold found why iw as getting such crappy mileage. when you use suppo motors 28mm or bigger, they got this clamp at the bottom that doesn't fit dji arms, you gotta drill out the arm. When you do, you'll get a little edge that has to be trimmed off with a razor knife. somehow one of them had that scrap piece stuck between the aluminum shaft stopper and a piece of that chaf stuck between the hole and the motor. Lucky that motor didn't shut down in flight

Anyhow, got my mileage motors back on, looking forward to trying her out again. I made my capture dvr portable so i'll be able to get the cores osd recorded so can take a look at whats doing what.

ChrisViperM

...nope, don't have the servo city tilt. I had a look at it but then decided to go with the Flycamone stuff. I got the FlyCamOne HD 1080 which is a camera similar to the GoPro, but you easily can take the optics out of the camera and mount it to the remote head of the video....doesn't take more than 5 minutes. Also different lenses avalible.....

kloner

Aerial DP
ah, got ya. i'm already hero2 in the pocket, for that matter already have one of these quads working great, but my flying style needs a tune up in the tilt department while staying somewhat bullet proof so can crash and fly. i'm not planning to look through said cam flying, just for my movies. tilt pan would be a bit much for my needs

especially like the 1:30 stuff along the track

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that part where i fly to the other side of the track to go around that sign was totally random. can't believe i haven't ran wide open into something like that yet. sure it's comin

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks. yea, them are my boys. they don't youtube copyright so can use em. Like Tony Hawks Taintstick/death death die too, same deal

this one

ChrisViperM

...from 2:06 onwards when you make the turn and the clouds and the sun are mirroring in the river...ohhh man

kloner

Aerial DP
imagine a real camera flying along there......... real gimble,,,,,,

It was so hot right then thought was gonna melt. it was 112 then it poured rain for a couple hours then the sun tried coming back but the moon beat it.

That place is really cool looking, but man, it's so far from anything. theres a few towns nearby but none of em have populations more than a hundred. one famous one is Ripley CA, also known as the show from the 80's "Ripleys believe it or not" Theres a little museum still there. Town was his i guess, like 10 houses, 20 mobile homes and a whole lotta dust

https://maps.google.com/?ll=33.263379,-114.695892&spn=0.3353,0.44426&t=h&z=11

kloner

Aerial DP
I was testing out a build i had sold with going back to 2.4 so was flying around close, there was a little jewel out there i never even noticed flying it till i got home. The piro up high looks crazy on that one too. the clouds were close

watch this one like at 1:46, it goes by a bunch in that vid

ChrisViperM

...super smooth for flying without gimbal. ...I like the 360-turn starting at 5:22...so many different shades of light....but this area looks like the traing center for that NASA dingi "Curiosity"...nobody would think that it's pretty close to the coast line.

kloner

Aerial DP
That is the training center for the blue angels. When were out hunting ducks on the river, they come by usually at least once a day from that exact area, they seem to use the river for there boundry, or they just like flying it low, El Centro NAF. When you watched Top Gun when a kid, this is that exact area they dropped from Miramar into the dogfight training ground area. All around where i fly is called Proving Grounds. Countries from all over the world come out there to dogfight. All the marines go hike through there before being deployed, it is exactly like the middle East with the hot low desert, high cold mountains around it, and San Diego an hour west

That train track hasn't worked since i was a kid. I'm 99% sure that is the "3:10 to Yuma" track from back in the settling days, just after where i'm at it crosses over into mexico to go around the mountains and to pick up stuff then passes into San Diego. i saw something on the news years ago they were restoring the San Diego area of it and selling passenger car tickets to go through all the old caves and stuff. I kinda remember as a kid, musta been early 80's, we had an El Nino year where it poured and poured for weeks. All that desert area got wiped out. The old road runs right along the track and it's mostly washed away and nobody came to fix it, they just made a new one next to it

ChrisViperM

...cool, thanks for writing that interesting info....really appreciated.

PS: just any now and then dig in your movie box and let some of your stuff breath air on this forum....keep 'em comming

Chris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1-1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 270
  • photo 2-1.jpg
    photo 2-1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 304
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg