GPS Compass calibration issue

remyd

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded my 2 octo's to a V2 IMU and 5.26 firmware using Futaba 8FG on SBUS. I am now unable to enter calibration mode for the compass and GPS i.e i cannot get the blue light to show after flicking between the manual atti and GPS mode 6-10 times and more.

I have checked the assistant software and the modes are all aligned correctly. I have recalibrated sticks etc

Does the wookong need a correct GPS fix before it will enter calibration?

Just to note everything was working fine previously and no issues entering calibration.

Anyone got any ideas? :livid:

Cheers,
Remy

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
How many times did you normally flip the switch? I flick mine exactly 7 times and that hasn't changed since adding the V2 IMU and new firmware. You don't need a GPS fix to calibrate the compass.

Cool?

remyd

How many times did you normally flip the switch? I flick mine exactly 7 times and that hasn't changed since adding the V2 IMU and new firmware. You don't need a GPS fix to calibrate the compass.

Cool?

Thanks i will try again. I also have bluetooth module somewhere so that may get me out of trouble. I haven't had this issue before and have calibrated many times before.

Benjamin Kenobi

Yeah it's slightly odd if it was working before. There must be something you're overlooking, we all do it.:tennis: How many times did you flick the switch before the trouble started? Sure you have the correct modes programmed in? Just guessing here.

remyd

eventually got it to work about turn times but not all the time - who knows? I have noticed that when i go a little to fast switching between modes it misses highlighting Alti - maybe this causes the problem?

Benjamin Kenobi

I go steadily, not too fast, not too slow. The assistant program often appears slow to respond but IRL it's a bit faster.