HexaCrafter HC-650

VINHEX

Shes running Tiger 2814-10 770kv with DJI Std 30amp Esc's and Desire Power 35-70C 6200mAh 4s. Not got a proper weight on her at the moment but VERY close to 4KG. On the test flight not pushing hard Esc' were warm and the motors cold.. I'm doing a full flight this weekend so hopefully will have a full overall test done..

Dialing in the gains as well.. But even all at 100 she was running nice apart from the motor out of balance which Kloner notice in the video..

nicwilke

Shes running Tiger 2814-10 770kv with DJI Std 30amp Esc's and Desire Power 35-70C 6200mAh 4s. Not got a proper weight on her at the moment but VERY close to 4KG. On the test flight not pushing hard Esc' were warm and the motors cold.. I'm doing a full flight this weekend so hopefully will have a full overall test done..

Dialing in the gains as well.. But even all at 100 she was running nice apart from the motor out of balance which Kloner notice in the video..

I was running Avroto 2814-10 on 30A plushs. The ESC got warm, very warm and on one occasion, 2 motors started to soft shutoff (ESC's set to soft shutoff) and it resulted in a small crash and prop breakage. I went to 40A ESC's, and no such issue. The Avroto motors are the same as the Tigers you are running, I can vouch for that because I was running a mix of Avroto and Tigers on my X8 droid. I'd take it easy on the big flight, and keep it hovering low, and pulse that hex up and down to spit some amps through the speedies mate.
Cheers.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Forum,
We have done extensive testing & flying with 30A DJI ESC / Avroto 2814-11S 770kv and have had no issues.
Even with extreme forward flight, the ESC have come down warm, but never hot. Motors always cool.
ESC are designed to run warm if needed.
If you have concerns, you can always upgrade to 40a ESC. to keep them cool, but the stock power board is not capable of providing that many amps.
The power board supplied with the HC-800 is however capable of powering (6) 50A esc.... up to 300a.

Andrew

Tomstoy2

Vin, good luck with the full flight test, buddy! Hope you get some decient weather this weekend.
I'm sure it will handle a full flight just fine. You don't build something like this beauty without working everything out first, or paying your dues before tackling something like this craft!
I'm expecting some great vids from you this summer! Now that you got mama all happy!

VINHEX

Yep Tom, the tiles are all laid and now it's flying time LOL.. I've had some great advise people that fly these beauty's with the same setups.. It's good on the forum that people provide their information that's what it's all about.. As with all new setups your checking everything.. As always its softly softly getting the feel for her and pushing it more and more each time.. I've got every confidence that it's going to make me smile :)

VINHEX

Well got some back garden flights in and she's running smooth, cool and very stable. Videos will follow shortly happy days.. Few jobs to do and hopefully get a couple more in today. This baby is strong and stable.. Need to tweak a little but that's me looking for perfection I guess.. Wahoooo

AUW is 4.1 Kg

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

VINHEX

Got a quick flight in this morning...View attachment 9682

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361097726.371208.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361097726.371208.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 421

shyfx003

Hi guys,been away for a few months due to work commitments.My last build was my QAV500 but wow i am loving these Hexacraft frames!! So much space to for placement..Very nice build vin,looking forward to seeing how you get on with this bird..Kloner what flight times are you getting with yours?

kloner

Aerial DP
it's got them avroto motors like his, just a little lighter and 12x6 props is 34 amps hovering...... it'll go to 100 amps fff, it's like 14-15 minutes hovering and slo flying on 8000 mah, 7 minutes fff

i'm gonna run 1 5000 pack on a back mount and a gimble up forward now with a hero so i'll drop alot of weight and hope to get a little smaller props 11x5 or 6 working for more stable flight in wind. it's crazy smooth from no to a slight breeze now, but wind seems to take it apart more than it should. wanna get the hovering throttle up a tad to 60ish percent. gonna do some custom prop work to do it. Got a box of nitro and electric xoar matched set props to cut down and find a sweet spot for different weight sets on this airframe. Then we'll do the 800 next the same way

am thinking i might try a set of 900 kv motors on the 650 hex to try and spin 9" props. I'm 99% sure thats the high speed fpv setup it needs. It gets to about 60 mph and the thing tries ripping itself apart. i had that with a disco with not enough prop loading.

I'm still working on a prime fpv setup for these airframess, but the frame itself has alot of strength and will handle a ton of power. the solutions available are awesome. The esc with integrated distro is one of the nicer setups i've seen. The arms are ridiculously strong. The landing gear/gimbal solutions are almost all and complete. if it's worth andrews time, bet he'd make you anything you needed to hang anything you wanted off it. he has alot of the photo higher mounts now, the 468 mount like vins. The flight controller mounts/covers are really nice too.

_DSC0319%20%281024x575%29_795.jpg

795x446xDSC01406,P20,P281024x574,P29_795.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ar3LN40yMm.jpg

for the 550-650 size airframes on the market, you'd be hard pressed to find a finer kit for the price and i know for a fact your not gonna find a more motivated support team to make you succesful. can garuntee that myself.

VINHEX

Just an awesome bit of kit and a pleasure to fly.. Easy to upgrade if needed... As Kloner says be hard pressed to find a better kit for the price..

shyfx003

Very nice Kloner, I am tempted to go with the 800 and wkm..Will be interested in seeing what flight times you both get in the future..Kloner how are you finding those Avroto's? I hated mine on that 675mm nextlevel frame.I am thinking about using the 3515 tiger's..the tigermotors i used on my qav ran nice and cool..loved them

VINHEX

O come on guys, I so want to see one of the 800 in the flesh.. If they are anything like the 650 its going to be sexy... These birds are just awesome, I'm editing a small video to put up which will be a couple of days.. I've returned my 5000 batterys to HK as I like the Desirepower 6200 so ordering another this month to run parallel. Will provide flight times when I get a complete run with no messing around estimate about 8 Min on one with my flying habits.

15x7 Props on the 800 that is just mental.. What a beauty that would be in the sky..