HexaCrafter HC-650

VINHEX

Scheduled some time for this weekend to get some air lets hope the weather permits.. Have some videos already which I'm trying to get time to edit..

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

VINHEX

Just received the duel battery holder even this looks cool and well made.. Simple things I know.View attachment 9926

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361994862.856724.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361994862.856724.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 352

VINHEX

Well ladys and gentlemen she got out today.. Wind was about 15 Mph + when I took off in the beginning she tipped forward to compensate for the gust that came.. Almost saying come on I can handle this no issues.. She was a dream to fly the wind was blowing but she stood still.. Smoooooth flying and great response . I'm so chuffed with this baby I cant recommend enough.. She flew 7 minutes on a 4s 6200 with plenty left in the battery AUW 4.1Kg with GoPro. She went straight up and smooth decline with not twisting in the wash.. All Esc'/Motors were cold on landing it wasnt a fast flight but it will take whatever I give it im confident in that... Cant wait to get the Nex5n to do some more + running two 6200 parallel with give me around 15 minutes flying no issue..

Happy Days..

More to come for sure.. This is such a strong frame protecting everything and the motor and esc's recommended worked a dream..

Big thanks to Andrew at hexacrafter for all his assistants in getting this right support was second to none!

Sorry about mix but wanted to just show it off..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGLB6dK8rJc

Tomstoy2

Vin, ol' buddy, so far everything looks well! Impressive.
Glad to see her flying so well. What revision are you flying now?
Not knowing about th English countryside, but I am guessing that is a chuch? Nice spot to do all your testing from.
Looking forward to what you will produce from her this summer!
Clear skys nad fair winds, my friend!

VINHEX

Hi Tom,
Yep she's running very smooth and stable.. You're correct fellow this is an old church, I was driving around with the misses to find new locations to shoot and saw this on a little road.. Perfect for a test flight.. I'm running 5.16 at the moment with gains set to 130,130,100,130. She is rock steady loads of power and very nimble.. I'm so looking forward to the nice weather.. I'm lucky as I have a place near where I work which some guys go over an fly their winged aircraft. This is about 10 min short drive.. SO! Will be going there most lunchtimes now to keep her in the air..

All the best Tom, More videos coming soon..

Tomstoy2

Figured as much. I'm flying the same firmware. No problems with it so far.
Great looking little church! Love it.
Looking forward to the vids, buddy!

VINHEX

Just swapped over GoPro for NEX5n and running two battery's running parallel..

AUW 4.7 kg Happy Days....

View attachment 10097View attachment 10098View attachment 10099View attachment 10100View attachment 10101

Just need to get some good weather again to fly the baby..

Vin
Hexacrafter HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 3s 3300, 3s 5000, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xoar 12x6 props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E
Fatshark Spironet Antenna's, DJI iOSD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930474.121644.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930474.121644.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 394
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930488.043178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930488.043178.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 360
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930500.683421.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930500.683421.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 395
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930513.187030.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930513.187030.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 375
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930528.193947.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362930528.193947.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 371
Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

Well, got the first flight out today in a lunch break VERY! windy.. She was fully loaded with Duel 6200 batteries and the NEX5n on her.. AUW 4.7 kg doubled check all CG before setting off and she flew like a dream.. Smooth as silk.. I turned off the controller (stomach was not to good at that point) and she came home smooth and gentle. Like a ploker! I didnt turn on the camera! I was jumping up and down and running around like an idiot in front of her when she came back but it wasn't on DOH! O well.. Tested and cherished.. My mate was flying his Disco at the time so I got a couple of air shots which I will load in a while..

Another work colleague had my FPV glasses on and was just smiling . obviously I couldn't due to wait restriction being 2.5kg CAA rules.. but it was good to see him enjoying it all.. Happy days! Bring on the nice weather.. Next flight soon WITH CAMERA ON!!!!

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Vin,
It really makes me happy to see others enjoying the HexaCrafter design & products.
If our weather here will ever break, I will get out to fly...my real passion.
I am glad to here all is working well for you. Next time...don't forget to take the lens cover off....I have done as well as forgotten to turn the camera on. You may wish to add the RC-Shutter RC switch for the NEX...I hear it is fantastic.
Check our website next week...some new products will be released. Your pre-order should ship next week.
Also the Multi-Rotor Product review of the HC-650 should be posting soon.

Thanks,
Andrew

VINHEX

Andrew,
It's a dream! I cant wait for the pre-order (WATCH THIS SPACE!) Looking forward to HC-650 review posting as well.. I'm really interesting in seeing the feed back where the guys have experience in flying multiple frames to compare against. IT just keeps getting better LOL...

Tomstoy2

Vin, glad to hear it's going so well! Really exciting stuff, for sure. Would have loved to see you running around in pure glee! Must have been a sight to see. Get the pics up, my friend.

VINHEX

Thanks Tom trying to sort now as friend had Gopro on a dusco but has major jello so I'm helping him balance his props so I can get some cool shots in flight from his kit..

Giovanni59

After months of searching and researching I've decided on my move up from my DJI F550 and it will be the 800mm Hexacrafter. I just talked to Andrew for about a half hour and everyone is right, top notch guy and an excellent product from what I've seen here.

VINHEX

Welcome the club Giovanni... You going to love it! You must carry out build thread never seen one built with all the kit on..