Gryphon 1000 hex build with ecalc data

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Just a quick one about the quick release prop adapters, have you seen what DJI have done with the Inspire? I only say it because whilst they are very convenient I have heard a few stories of them coming off mid flight: sometimes its because guys have put them on the wrong way (so not surprising) but sometimes not. It would be a real shame for this to happen on such a nice rig.

Pumpkinguy

I heard about the inspire ones yes. These lock down real nice. If you put a bit of tension on them they are hard to get off. If they are properly installed and tensioned there is no way I will have a failure in flight. I think there was 2 reported cases on the inspire. User error comes to mind.

Carapau

Probably right about the user error. Not trying to put you off but just trying to ensure you avoid a nasty crash. Sounds like you have it covered though.

Pumpkinguy

Not much going on here. I wasn't happy with the way the motor wires were. The looped out the back and it really bothered me. I will post a pic of the before and after in this post. To get them to go directly into the arm I needed to drill my motor mounts out to accept a 4mm bolt. So that's exactly what I did.

I got my retract mounts made. They are not pretty but they are solid and clamp very tightly around the arms. Necessity is the mother of invention, isn't that what they say?
Just waiting on some aluminum parts from the machine shop to mount the legs.

Lastly. I picked up an awesome deal on a wookong and mkii brand new in box. I also have the wookong v2 imu that I'm gonna try. I should be ready for my maiden in less than 2 weeks. Cheers
View attachment 23214 View attachment 23215 View attachment 23216 View attachment 23217 View attachment 23218 View attachment 23219

Btw. Those legs are 20mm dia x 420 long. The long aluminum pieces you see here will have a 10mm pin turned on one end to fit the retract. It will replace the steel pin you see here in the picture. The short aluminum pieces are just end caps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 404
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 405

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sweet rig you have going!

Let me know how that adapter rod works out. I've been thinking about making something like that to work with my Dubro balancer.

Pumpkinguy

Aluminum parts are finished for the retracts. The 10mm pin is offset so that we can use 20mm cf tubes with those retracts. If you fold don't understand I will post a pic when they are mounted.

Also, got my brand new, never even opened wookong today. Good ebay find @ $420. I got a brand new iosd mkii on ebay as well. $150 and I also picked up a v2 imu. I will use that and keep the plastic one for a spare. View attachment 23251View attachment 23252View attachment 23253

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 643
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 324

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That's the way all maiden flight should go! (And sadly don't!).

Congratulations Looks like you're buried (and will be buried for a while) like we are here in Vermont. Oh joy....

Carapau

Nice and well done. Next I guess is to tune the gains which look a touch low there.

Pumpkinguy

The maiden wasn't 100% perfect. The advantage of video editing. Lol.

I'm gonna strap a load equivalent to the weight of camera and gimbal and adjust gains but I really don't know where to start. I'm probably gonna take it to a guy I know that has way more experience.