Gryphon 1000 hex build with ecalc data

Pumpkinguy

View attachment 22174 View attachment 22175 View attachment 22176 I recieved some parts today.

My radio, fpv cam ( 600 line fat shark) that I discretely mounted in the front bent lexan tab and my immersion 600mw vtx for fpv came in today. . Just waiting on power supply stuff from HK and I will be able to start balancing motors.
Still torn as where to mount my reciever and antennas. Advise welcome.

Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 424
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 419
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 418

Pumpkinguy

Got my lighting done. The hobby king strips are about 9mm wide. Perfect width for the bottom of my gryphon arms. I've covered them with clear heat shrink to protect them and keep them from ever pealing off. Red for the front. Blue for back. View attachment 22342View attachment 22343

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 532
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 488

Pumpkinguy

View attachment 22344 Man, for my first build I am pretty impressed with myself that I am within 100 grams of my weight estimate. I am at 7100 grams all in before gimbal. I figured 7000. And 9000-9500 with gimbal and gh4. I have tones of reserve thrust of I decide I want a larger gimbal/camera I can go to a 17 or 18" prop easy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 519

Pumpkinguy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

View attachment 22406 How do you guys like my landing gear? Lol. I still have no idea what gimbal I'm using. There are a couple coming out in the next couple months that I will consider. Until then I don't know if I need retracts or if I will have built in legs like on a movi mr. So these will be my legs until then for testing. I will add weight to tune her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 364

glider

Wow that is a monster! A work of engineering too. Very impressive.

I have a SH Spy 750 Y6 with KDE 2814XF-515 motors. AUW 3.1kg; am about ready to ditch the coaxial stuff, too much monkeying around to make them efficient. You did the right thing getting the KDE ESC's for those motors.

Be sure to keep updates coming.

BTW, here's my teeny PDB (the "coffin"), will never see the high side of 60A. I have to keep things simple or will end up a big mess. Your project is commendable to say the least.
bFV5D1a.jpg

Pumpkinguy

Wow that is a monster! A work of engineering too. Very impressive.

I have a SH Spy 750 Y6 with KDE 2814XF-515 motors. AUW 3.1kg; am about ready to ditch the coaxial stuff, too much monkeying around to make them efficient. You did the right thing getting the KDE ESC's for those motors.

Be sure to keep updates coming.

BTW, here's my teeny PDB (the "coffin"), will never see the high side of 60A. I have to keep things simple or will end up a big mess. Your project is commendable to say the least.
bFV5D1a.jpg
Thanks bro. I gotta say from my research you don't see many guys using kde motors with generic esc's. As a matter of fact, I can't remember seeing one.

Pumpkinguy

I want this build ready for April so I will really need to start researching gimbals. Movi, gstabi are the 2 front runners so far. Any other suggestions will certainly be considered.

maxwelltub

Well one thing I can say about the movi is it works great sometimes. But the problem is all the single point of contact on single tube. When you are flying a fully loaded rig it starts to slip very slightly but enough to through the gimbal out of whack. They may have solved this with the M5 and M15 because I think they use dual tubes now and a full cage system. The gStabi looks like a great design, but with out a gps module out dont know how it deals with inertial roll drift. I don't have any experience with these 32bit boards though so maybe its not an issue.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
M5 ROCKS... for anything under 4.5 lbs, around 5 lbs or 5.5 it’s get’s interesting.
I’m trying to buy a Ronin as I have a rig that could list 20+ lbs no problem. I have seen a few guys flying C300’s and such with a Ronin.