Gryphon 1000 hex build with ecalc data

Pumpkinguy

Ya I thing m5 is everything people say it is. The h14 is getting great reviews too but I didnt know about the lack of Gps module. They are launching a H6 very soon. That's the one I was gonna look at.

glider

Thanks bro. I gotta say from my research you don't see many guys using kde motors with generic esc's. As a matter of fact, I can't remember seeing one.
Well you know someone now :) It was one big PITA finding an ESC that works [mostly] correctly with even the 515 motors. Only the HobbyWing Xrotor is not giving me fits.......yet. I know a few others that use non-KDE ESC's.

Here's the funny part: the Maytech ST OPTO was supposed to work out of the box according to the vendor. I couldn't get 6 motors to spin to save my life (had 8 ESC's), then exchanged for ZTW Spiders, which kinda worked, sometimes.

I would have bought the KDE, but honestly didn't think there's enough room inside this Spy to fit them.

SamaraMedia

I've use some older ZTW 45amp opto's on a hex with the 2814 515kv on 6s with NAZA V2 and haven't experienced any issues with esc sync. I've just completed an overhaul swapping the NAZA for a Super X and mod'd some Tarot retracts. I'm replacing my Zenmuse H3-3D with a Quadframe DSLR 3 axis gimbal. I've done the basic tx calibration and everything seems to be working properly but weather hasn't been very cooperative, cold, windy, snow, so I haven't had a chance to do a maiden yet. Waiting on a CP for the gimbal too...

I also have the 515's on my Disco Pro with Aerial MOB kit using Maytech 35amp thin optos with NAZA. I don't think I'm having issues with that setup either but I may not be the best judge of sync issues at high speed or above hover smooth flying. Nice stable platform IMO for a 2 axis gimbal quad, prefer 3 axis though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

Castle multirotor ESC's no issues with the KDE 515's, 53 hrs. Flt time with the superX.
I really like the castle products. All my connectors are castle. Their esc's look awesome but you never hear anything on the forums about them. I wonder why.

maxwelltub

M5 ROCKS... for anything under 4.5 lbs, around 5 lbs or 5.5 it’s get’s interesting.
I’m trying to buy a Ronin as I have a rig that could list 20+ lbs no problem. I have seen a few guys flying C300’s and such with a Ronin.
I would skip the ronin for aerial. I've heard nothing but bad news on the roll drift.

maxwelltub

the movi uses its own board, I don't know how many bits but its separate from alexmos all together. At least I believe it is.

Pumpkinguy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 423

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I wonder how safe they will be with 17 o 18 inch props. You have a lot more momentum with those props than lets say a 15 inch prop. As the motor slows down I wonder if that momentum is enough to unwind the adaptors. These things are a great idea so I hope someone can chime in who has used these things successfully with props of this size.

Pumpkinguy

There will always be load against the threads. Sometimes less load, sometimes more but there is always load. It's not like the props will suddenly brake or change direction.
I know what you are saying about inertia but the props are so light there is a very low rotational mass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pumpkinguy

I installed the prop adapters. I replace the very short button head screws that came with them with a high grade socket head cap screw and torqued to 15in/lbs. I hate button heads and have no idea of the grade. Plus they are so short they only get 3mm of engagement. Loctite is a must here. I did have to take 10 thou or so off the socket caps so they didn't sit proud of the surface. Another advantage of the socket caps is they will never be able to back themselves out. View attachment 22670View attachment 22671View attachment 22672View attachment 22673

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 477
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 428
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 426

Pumpkinguy

View attachment 22871 Designed a mount for my retracts. Just waiting on some aluminum parts from the machine shop to mount the 20mm x 420 mm legs. Then she is pretty much done less flight control. Ya. I've had flight control issues. At the present time I am without one. Trying to decide what one I will use.
She is bang on 8kg with 2 x 6s12000.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 303